Game Day AFLW Round 4 vs Melbourne - Casey Fields, 4:05pm Sun

Remove this Banner Ad

SG: We just got over the line, full credit to Melbourne. It’s one of those games where we take a lot of learnings. Good sides find a way to win, and we did that.

SG: We weren’t able to play the way we wanted to and the way we move the ball. We had to find a different way to do that and we did.

SG: I thought Mo Hope was great today. We play in a her role that suits the team. She takes a defender up the field and opens play for others. She educates as well as playing footy.

SG: That’s the biggest test we’ve had this year. I thought our composure got us through in the end. Good sides do that. The pressure in that game, any side could fall away.

SG: We’ve got a really good support in Melbourne and Tasmania. It’s reflected in our numbers. We’re all custodians of that spot that we hold.

SG: I’m focused on what we can control, to get a game ahead (in the conference) is so vital. We have a big game ahead next in Adelaide. It doesn’t get any easier, it’s now about getting better at being adaptable.

I was thinking Freo is up there.
Either way our first 3 wins are looking like pretty soft kills.
Don't get me wrong, I think we have an excellent team but still much to prove.

Freo is decent. They can be hard to beat over there butt don't think they are a serious threat.

IMO it's us/Adelaide followed by Dees and Dogs.

I think the heat was getting to us, as we really looked pretty sapped at some points, but we pulled it together like true champs in the end. And how dare those commentators question our spirit and heart! The girls proved once again that the Shinboner spirit is very much alive and well in them.

Votes:

3: Duffin - I don't think we would have won this without her. Absolute rock wherever she is on the ground.

2: Bruton - skill and class through and through. Hardly ever puts a foot wrong, excellent decision making, and kept us in possession with her hard running, and sneaky little gathers across all 4 Quarters. TOD was right about her. Also, that long kick that set up Hope for her goal in the 3rd was a game lifter!

1: Hope - created a lot of opportunities for us in front of goal with her sneaky little kicks, and selling the candy before setting up Emma King in the 2nd was brilliant. Plus 2 very nice goals of her own, AND she gives a class interview too. Well done Mo!

Well done again Roogirls! So much fun to watch. Snake doesn't know what he's missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the heat was getting to us, as we really looked pretty sapped at some points, but we pulled it together like true champs in the end. And how dare those commentators question our spirit and heart! The girls proved once again that the Shinboner spirit is very much alive and well in them.

Votes:

3: Duffin - I don't think we would have won this without her. Absolute rock wherever she is on the ground.

2: Bruton - skill and class through and through. Hardly ever puts a foot wrong, excellent decision making, and kept us in possession with her hard running, and sneaky little gathers across all 4 Quarters. TOD was right about her. Also, that long kick that set up Hope for her goal in the 3rd was a game lifter!

1: Hope - created a lot of opportunities for us in front of goal with her sneaky little kicks, and selling the candy before setting up Emma King in the 2nd was brilliant. Plus 2 very nice goals of her own, AND she gives a class interview too. Well done Mo!

Well done again Roogirls! So much fun to watch. Snake doesn't know what he's missing.
Aint that the truth..... It's so much better than AFLX

Bloody missed the game today due to family commitments!

Pissed off that the AFLW writeups basically say we only won because of umpiring calls, they wouldn't even go there in the AFL mens comp, so why do it here?

Duffin is such a classic North player, whenever we have a really good side, we have that unflappable, cool headed type that stands under every high ball and makes the right call every time.

Votes:

Same votes for me.

Tight game, could have gone either way and both defences were outstanding but they really didn’t have anyone to legally combat King from the start and it made a difference.

Duffin is wonderful. I had no idea how good she would be for us.

And Mo’s post game interview - beautiful. These women have something really special happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back