Resource After a year at AO, what's good and bad about your seats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be getting to a game next season... Mum wanted to head down there for a game too (she's in Brisbane)

when the fixture comes out we should lock a game in a book cheap flights and make sure it happens..

Riverbank mid tier level 3 section 320, which is a small bay on the far western end of the southern stand.

Pros
Brilliant view
Close proximity to the Peter Carey and Neil Kerley Bars - brilliant if you can get a ranked along the window.
Good selection of reds at the bar
Opposition close by means a good time is usually had by everyone - yes really - except the power puffs.

Cons
Mainly the catering - nothing but deep fried rubbish as far as the eye can see on level 3 Riverbank
Have to go down to ground or up to level 5 to get a sandwich or wrap (and that's a problem with the escalators going the wrong way and an ACL repair) - gave up a brought our own.

Maybe go up a row or two next season but really like the spot and will likely stay there next season.

Riverbank mid tier level 3 section 320, which is a small bay on the far western end of the southern stand.

Pros
Brilliant view
Close proximity to the Peter Carey and Neil Kerley Bars - brilliant if you can get a ranked along the window.
Opposition close by means a good time is usually had by everyone - yes really - except the power puffs.

Cons
Mainly the catering - nothing but deep fried rubbish as far as the eye can see on level 3 Riverbank
Have to go down to ground or up to level 5 to get a sandwich or wrap (and that's a problem with the escalators going the wrong way and an ACL repair) - gave up a brought our own.

Maybe go up a row or two next season but really like the spot and will likely stay there next season.

Was thinking that I'd try to move to that area at some stage. What was the situation regarding rain and sun. I'm never to worried about getting wet but the sun is more of a problem. And was there ever any boffo with the opposition supporters?

Pros
Brilliant view

Cons

Contact the sma about catering as they are after more feedback & were going to do a review at season's end.

I had a chat with the catering manager for about half hour about beverage & food selections. Like you I was keen for their to be some alternative options to the normal fried options in nearly all eateries near me on the 3rd tier. Eg. Hearty soup & bread roll on a winter's night.

Getting access to this bar definitely goes in the good category.

140527AO_Panorama1.jpg

headache1 I am an Essential Crows member, can I go in this bar? I think the one time I went to go in there was a function, was the Melbourne game

It's open to anybody in the Members area mate. I was in there during the Melbourne game, and there was no function on. It just has a capacity limit, so if it's full they won't let you in until people leave.

In the southern stand, ground floor behind the point post.
Good - under cover, great atmosphere
Bad - In the sun and absolutely bake on even mild days.

I will look at getting a seat in members area next season. I might have to get there earlier but I least I should be under cover and out of the sun.

537 row B
10292521_723457364362082_160567979564988682_n.jpg

Pros: Too many to list

Cons: My closest foot outlet doesn't sell hot jam donuts, I have to go to the outlet at bay 532 for them.............Having said that, that one is both a bar and food, so I only have to get in 1 line rather than 2 :p

Would love to read alex_is_on_fire 's opinion on this.

I love my seats. I love the red seats on level 2, I just hate the idiots who sit around me.

My seats had a perfect view of Eddie Betts banana goal down the Cathedral end and it curved all the way through it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love my seats. I love the red seats on level 2, I just hate the idiots who sit around me.

My seats had a perfect view of Eddie Betts banana goal down the Cathedral end and it curved all the way through it.
I can swear after the Sydney game you said you were not going to renew your membership next season because of all the hassle it took to get into the seats and they weren't as good as they made it out to be.

I can swear after the Sydney game you said you were not going to renew your membership next season because of all the hassle it took to get into the seats and they weren't as good as they made it out to be.

Don't know but even if I did - we had 10 more games to fall in love with the seats, location and area.

Would it be fair to say anywhere in the Eastern stand is going to have issues with the sun during the cricket. Apart from the members area where would be the best place to sit out of the sun for the first Test.

Most of the Riverbank Stand is shaded for most of the day.

Essential Crows (first time in 'memers') - unreserved seating

Pros:
- all the stuff everyone else has said
- if we got there in sufficient time, usually did, and sat at front of level 3 our girls had space to play/draw/run amok and didn't bother anyone else

Cons:
- have to get there so early. Typically when gates open, to guarantee we got those front of level 3 spots
- rest of family (bro and dad) not helping out with the arrive early and wait. fair cop its not their kids but we also all made the choice together assuming it wouldn't be so oversubscribed.

Love that view form front of level 3 as well. typically sit near the spots that hank complains about with the cameras. Definitely better to use the northern gate to get in and out.

Pros:
- if we got there in sufficient time, usually did, and sat at front of level 3 our girls had space to play/draw/run amok and didn't bother anyone else

Cons:
- have to get there so early. Typically when gates open, to guarantee we got those front of level 3 spots
- rest of family (bro and dad) not helping out with the arrive early and wait. fair cop its not their kids but we also all made the choice together assuming it wouldn't be so oversubscribed.

Love that view form front of level 3 as well. typically sit near the spots that hank complains about with the cameras. Definitely better to use the northern gate to get in and out.

Chuck some chalk in your bag. They can learn to write their letters as in "go crows" and numbers starting with "97 and 98" and greatewr than 2>1 on the cement in front of your seats.

A nice gentle reminder for the following week.

Public art should always be encouraged. :):D

Pros:

Cons:

You get to go in front of the cameras, not much fun behind them ;)

Chuck some chalk in your bag. They can learn to write their letters as in "go crows" and numbers starting with "97 and 98" and greatewr than 2>1 on the cement in front of your seats.

A nice gentle reminder for the following week.

Public art should always be encouraged. :):D
Not a bad idea actually. They do chalk stuff at home, waiting for paegent etc - why not at the footy. They can write the stuff deaneus would get kicked out for ;)

Cons:

The mates I go with were the same. I'd get there when the gates opened to get good seats, they rock up about half an hour before the opening bounce (one game they got there 15 minutes into the first quarter).

At least, to their credit, when I said I couldn't get there when the gates opened they would get there earlier and get good seats.

I don't mind getting there early - the train is quieter and I enjoy sitting back reading the Record and listening to some music on my phone while watching the crowd build up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back