Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you leave aside the party name next to the member, there is the possibility of a majority consisting of ~90 seats. That's a mandate.
And bringing the cross bench into the tent, despite having a majority in the House could make them more amenable in the Senate.
Again, that would give you a strong majority in the Senate. That's also a mandate.
It leaves the climate deniers/no integrity/no equality members with nowhere to go.
Then if the people for it at the next election, it can be taken even further and it sidelines the cookers even further.
How you can forego those possibilities just because you want a minority Labor in the House is bizarre.
my issue is I don't see them doing that if they get a majority in the HoR on their own

they've been pretty clear about not wanting to have to work with anyone or change any policies

my issue is I don't see them doing that if they get a majority in the HoR on their own

they've been pretty clear about not wanting to have to work with anyone or change any policies

I understand that, but they didn't and don't have any other option or they will be hounded by the rabid media.
Having a majority doesn't prevent them from dealing with the cross bench, I have suggested it allows them to move forward with their agenda that aligns with the agenda of the cross bench on things like climate, integrity, equality and by doing so it alienates the LNP who have just been spanked on those issues.
If they get 90-ish votes to set an ambuish 2030 emissions target, that's better than 76 votes to set a weak 2030 target.

A majority that includes the Greens & other independents also heads off the attack that it is a 'Green agenda' & it gives the independends something to hang their hat on ("we achieved what we said").
It can be a win-win-win and leaves the right wingers with nowhere to hide.

I understand that, but they didn't and don't have any other option or they will be hounded by the rabid media.
Having a majority doesn't prevent them from dealing with the cross bench, I have suggested it allows them to move forward with their agenda that aligns with the agenda of the cross bench on things like climate, integrity, equality and by doing so it alienates the LNP who have just been spanked on those issues.
If they get 90-ish votes to set an ambuish 2030 emissions target, that's better than 76 votes to set a weak 2030 target.

A majority that includes the Greens & other independents also heads off the attack that it is a 'Green agenda' & it gives the independends something to hang their hat on ("we achieved what we said").
It can be a win-win-win and leaves the right wingers with nowhere to hide.
So you think they really are secretly much more progressive
But they are hiding that to avoid scrutiny from the media
But if they get a majority they won't worry about media scrutiny and will go back on election promises and be progressive
But if they only get a minority will continue to worry about media scrutiny and stay more conservative?

So you think they really are secretly much more progressive
But they are hiding that to avoid scrutiny from the media
But if they get a majority they won't worry about media scrutiny and will go back on election promises and be progressive
But if they only get a minority will continue to worry about media scrutiny and stay more conservative?

You're being disingenuous.
The electorate have clearly voted for "more progressive".
They can ignore that at their own peril.

You're being disingenuous.
The electorate have clearly voted for "more progressive".
They can ignore that at their own peril.
I'm not being disingenuous
I've said from the start I don't buy the they're lying to get into power and will be much better once in line
You seem to think that they will be, which basically means you don't believe anything they say and blame the media for them saying it

I'm not being disingenuous
I've said from the start I don't buy the they're lying to get into power and will be much better once in line
You seem to think that they will be, which basically means you don't believe anything they say and blame the media for them saying it

Yeah, you are being disingenuous, as you always are.
Do you want to have another go at arguing that universal health care is neoliberal?
While you're at it, let's see that argument that the NDIS is also neoliberal.

I reckon your argument will look something like sTaGe ThReE tAx CuTs.

All they need to do is do what they said they were going to do, what the independents said they were going to do....and we're already 100 miles in the other direction from where we were going under the LNP...the elected parliament provides scope to go even further in the other direction.

BuT i WaNt ThEm To NeEd ThE gReEnS is a nothing argument.

Yeah, you are being disingenuous, as you always are.
Do you want to have another go at arguing that universal health care is neoliberal?
While you're at it, let's see that argument that the NDIS is also neoliberal.

I reckon your argument will look something like sTaGe ThReE tAx CuTs.

All they need to do is do what they said they were going to do, what the independents said they were going to do....and we're already 100 miles in the other direction from where we were going under the LNP...the elected parliament provides scope to go even further in the other direction.

BuT i WaNt ThEm To NeEd ThE gReEnS is a nothing argument.
Man you get so angry when I don't agree with you regarding the best path to a better future

And you spend all your time defending Labor and pushing back on the greens having a greater direct say in policies

Why is that?

Man you get so angry when I don't agree with you regarding the best path to a better future
I am angry am I? Of course. You shoulda gone with crazy. Coz I'm definitely crazy.

And you spend all your time defending Labor and pushing back on the greens having a greater direct say in policies

Why is that?

I already told you. But you don't listen.
I am a realist.
I choose practicality over ideology.
I am for sustainable change.
Sustainable change can only come if there is a solid foundation to work from.
It is silly to think that the green/progressive movement is wholly encompassed by ONLY the people that vote Greens.
Incremental steps to the left, so as not to freak out the people who think the sky will fall in if we go down the green/progressive route.
Adam Bandt isn't going to change policy at the margins. Jim Chalmers & other Ministers, can & will. That's not me cheering for Jim Chalmers or other Labor Ministers that's me cheering for policy changes at the margins. Policy changes at the margins can make a huge difference to peoples lives.
What that means is we can have macro and micro reform.
Most importantly, if the change is for the good, it shouldn't matter if it's Labor or The Greens or Labor/Greens or Labor/Greens/Teals who implement it.

Last edited:
I am angry am I? Of course. You shoulda gone with crazy. Coz I'm definitely crazy.

I already told you. But you don't listen.
I am a realist.
I choose practicality over ideology.
I am for sustainable change.
Sustainable change can only come if there is a solid foundation to work from.
It is silly to think that the green/progressive movement is wholly encompassed by ONLY the people that vote Greens.
Incremental steps to the left, so as not to freak out the people who think the sky will fall in if we go down the green/progressive route.
Adam Bandt isn't going to change policy at the margins. Jim Chalmers & other Ministers, can & will. That's not me cheering for Jim Chalmers or other Labor Ministers that's me cheering for policy changes at the margins. Policy changes at the margins can make a huge difference to peoples lives.
What that means is we can have macro and micro reform.
Most importantly, if the change is for the good, it shouldn't matter if it's Labor or The Greens or Labor/Greens or Labor/Greens/Teals who implement it.
nice melt

we again get to the difference of view, you think labor majority is a good path to change and I don't

its not reality vs ideology

I have zero faith in Labor doing the right thing if left to their own devices, based on decades of history and the words and actions of the current members of the party

unlike you I don't excuse every single thing with but the media!

this is the reason I want a labor minority government, I think that is path that has the best chance of incremental change to the left

instead of jumping up and down screaming I'm wrong just like move on with your life or have a rational discussion

Well said, Albo. Put the 3rd-rate Canberra pack of jackals in their place. No more bullying.

nice melt

we again get to the difference of view, you think labor majority is a good path to change and I don't

its not reality vs ideology

I have zero faith in Labor doing the right thing if left to their own devices, based on decades of history and the words and actions of the current members of the party

unlike you I don't excuse every single thing with but the media!

this is the reason I want a labor minority government, I think that is path that has the best chance of incremental change to the left

instead of jumping up and down screaming I'm wrong just like move on with your life or have a rational discussion

So let me get this straight...your argument consists of you making an assumption about my mental state that is supported by other "arguments" that are just strawmen about my mental state.

Tv Show Lol GIF

You're like BrucefromBalnarring calling people Bolshies just because they don't defend peddos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight...your argument consists of you making an assumption about my mental state that is supported by other "arguments" that are just strawmen about my mental state.

Tv Show Lol GIF

You're like BrucefromBalnarring calling people Bolshies just because they don't defend peddos.
im questioning your ability to ******* read at this point given thats not what I wrote at all

im questioning your ability to ******* read at this point given thats not what I wrote at all

I made a comment about you personally as an inference from what you have written.
You didn't like that inference that I drew about you personally, that's understandable.
All that you have done since is reinforce the basis of my original comment.

Your ad-homs don't add anything to your otherwise superficial arguments. But if you want, you can keep trying them out.

I think that you have no understanding of the issues you claim to be interested in, beyond some kind of ideology.
As a result I think that you have no understanding of the difference between practicality/reality and ideology, particularly when it comes to how those things end up directly affecting people.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back