Mega Thread All Ticketing Enquiries and Information Thread - Plus a few late offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that 100% certain though? My concerns after reading a lot online is that I may not get anything if the seller has no funds in their paypal account or close their paypal account.

I always thought so... because that's like your insurance policy? Maybe?

Feel safe and secure when you shop on the web

When you pay with PayPal on any website, we can help recover your money (for purchases less than $20,000 AUD) through our Buyer Protection Policy if you are eligible and:

your item doesn't reach you
your item is significantly different to the seller's description.

What must I to do to be protected?

If you don't receive an item you've purchased or the item is significantly not as described, you could be eligible for PayPal's Buyer Protection. Here are some of the things you need to be eligible:

Buy physical items that can be shipped (the policy excludes vehicles such as cars, caravans and boats).
Pay for your item with PayPal at an appropriate checkout. During the checkout process, you'll be advised if the checkout is eligible for Buyer Protection.
Pay for your item in a single payment. Items purchased with multiple payments (like a deposit followed by a final payment) don't qualify.
Raise a dispute within 45 days of payment. You will need a PayPal account to do this. You can sign up for one at the same time as lodging your dispute.

For full eligibility requirements, please see our Buyer Protection Policy.
Are all my purchases protected?

There are a few items that we can't offer Buyer Protection for, including:

Vehicles.
Intangibles, such as services or digital goods.
Licenses and access to digital content.
Travel tickets (including airline).
Real estate.
Businesses for sale.
https://www.paypal-australia.com.au/security/buyer-protection

Hi all, I have two standing room tickets for grand final on the wing that would like to swap for two seated tickets anywhere. If interested can email me at l.sweet1@hotmail.com

Happy to pay extra if necessary
Cheers.

Is that 100% certain though? My concerns after reading a lot online is that I may not get anything if the seller has no funds in their paypal account or close their paypal account.

Yeah it doesn't matter if they close their Paypal account. To sell on Ebay, you have to have a Paypal account and he mustve had his bank account linked in his Paypal in order to transfer the funds.

Paypal usually track this and even if he has deleted his account, they'll withdraw the money straight from his bank back into your Paypal. We've all been scammed before and every occasion where I have been, have received a full refund.

You'll be right. :thumbsu:

Yeah it doesn't matter if they close their Paypal account. To sell on Ebay, you have to have a Paypal account and he mustve had his bank account linked in his Paypal in order to transfer the funds.

Paypal usually track this and even if he has deleted his account, they'll withdraw the money straight from his bank back into your Paypal. We've all been scammed before and every occasion where I have been, have received a full refund.

You'll be right. :thumbsu:

This is for Shellz as well.

Thanks for the info. It's all been a bit confusing trying to get my head around it all. His account is a non-US verified account, which apparently means better security settings as he has verified his account details.

I did read up some sellers have transferred their paypal money into their bank account so that their paypal amount was zero. A buyer then said an item wasn't received, making a claim and the seller then shortly had a negative paypal balance which, I assume, the balance was "transferred" to the buyer.

I have 1 premium seat avail for sale. M50 (members wing - olympic stand) about 20 rows from the fence. Plse PM with offer. Buyer must collect tkt near The Club @ Caroline Springs - as I cannot deliver (my brother holding tkt as I am overseas).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy offers me ticket in AFL members. I called him up to discuss everything. He even sends me a picture of the ticket. I paid via Paypal. Seller says he will send express the next day and will supply tracking info. Surprise, surprise, no ticket. Guy won't answer phone calls, text messages, emails. I spoke to Paypal and they said raise a dispute and I will get a refund. Fingers crossed. You live and learn I guess.

Interesting as seller has finally made contact, be it via paypal resolution centre. Seller says they sent the ticket and don't know why the payment has been reversed and that I was trying to scam him for a ticket.

I wrote a nice reply explaining that I tried to contact the seller several times asking for tracking information. We even agreed to have the ticket sent express post platinum. Will await to see if tracking information is supplied.

Given I am more than likely to get my money back, I am still after 1 ticket. I'm coming over by bus tomorrow night and will be in Melbourne early Saturday morning. PM me if you can help.

G'day Pie fans, sorry to intrude. First of all let me say good luck tomorrow night. I am heading to the game and expecting a pie win but an enthralling contest.

A friend of mine has 4 tickets for sale (M15 row s). These are premium tickets. He no longer needs them, hoping to recover the cost ($150 each)

PM me if interested.

Please note I will also post on the Hawks board, it is a case of first in best dressed and I wont be conducting a dutch auction.

Good Luck tomorrow.:thumbsu:

Have 2 tickets on level 1 members reserve. Southern Stand.
PM me with offer or any enquiries.
Cheers

Hey, I'd be happy to buy them!

Just made the agonising decision to turn down a ticket for $650.

I have the money (just), but just can't justify spending that much money when I could go to a BBQ and be surrounded by mates for free.

Hoping I don't regret this decision in a big way (actually, I guess I'm hoping I do - but if we lose at least I'll have something to feel good about :/)

Just made the agonising decision to turn down a ticket for $650.

I have the money (just), but just can't justify spending that much money when I could go to a BBQ and be surrounded by mates for free.

Hoping I don't regret this decision in a big way (actually, I guess I'm hoping I do - but if we lose at least I'll have something to feel good about :/)

I know the feeling mate. It's a lot of money.

I don't want influence you but a mate of mine, who's a swans supporter, is still kicking himself to this day as he was in the same position as you in that he turned down a ticket to the 05 grand final.

Dont pay $650 for a ticket. Way cheaper around with this weather predicted. All the neutrals will sell.

Anyone been in afl reserves. My mate is sick and said i could have his ticket. what do you to about the clipboard people. Will i get done?!

If anyone wants to sell a ticket at face value Please PM me.

I know its a long shot but I have got to try. But I can't afford to pay these ludicrous prices everyone is selling at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back