List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you automatically own the copyright if you publish your design on twitter though? I need to learn more about IP law

In almost all countries copyright vests in the author as soon as you turn an idea into an expression or 'work'. A 'work' must fit within a prescribed category, but in practicality, these categories are very broad.

If an original work, publishing on social media should convey copyright protections. The problem here is he's used what is likely a trademarked logo in his design, we don't have 'fair-use' in Aus and it wouldn't fall under a fair-dealing exception, so he couldn't profit from it at any rate. But it does look sufficiently similar and maybe he could argue some sort of copyright violation to stop the design's use, but I'd just be guessing, it's not my area of practice.

In almost all countries copyright vests in the author as soon as you turn an idea into an expression or 'work'. A 'work' must fit within a prescribed category, but in practicality, these categories are very broad.

If an original work, publishing on social media should convey copyright protections. The problem here is he's used what is likely a trademarked logo in his design, we don't have 'fair-use' in Aus and it wouldn't fall under a fair-dealing exception, so he couldn't profit from it at any rate. But it does look sufficiently similar and maybe he could argue some sort of copyright violation to stop the design's use, but I'd just be guessing, it's not my area of practice.
You need to watch the Greg kinnear biopic about the bloke who invented the modern windscreen wiper mechanism which pretty much all cars use today, only for the big car manufacturers to steal his design and implement it themselves. He got nothing for it but ended up taking them to court I think. Is he still salty about it?... Possibly

Sneaky pick 46 bid on Patton? #shouldgotothesidewhocangivethegiantsthebestoffer

In all seriousness. We should be going to some of these clubs and just throwing pick 46 in there. The Butler/Patton type trades that are expected to be token picks. Even if the player has no interest in us, just throw the offer out there. Those guys are more than likely to be better value than whichever 18 year old is left at 46 and it gets slightly annoying when these Vic clubs get solid depth at worst, for s**t picks. Need to be looking at trading 46 for value (preferably midfield) depth rather than use it on someone speculative imo.

You need to watch the Greg kinnear biopic about the bloke who invented the modern windscreen wiper mechanism which pretty much all cars use today, only for the big car manufacturers to steal his design and implement it themselves. He got nothing for it but ended up taking them to court I think. Is he still salty about it?... Possibly

That’s due to the difference between literary and artistic works, in which copyright attaches automatically, and industrial designs, which need to be trademarked.

Sneaky pick 46 bid on Patton? #shouldgotothesidewhocangivethegiantsthebestoffer

In all seriousness. We should be going to some of these clubs and just throwing pick 46 in there. The Butler/Patton type trades that are expected to be token picks. Even if the player has no interest in us, just throw the offer out there. Those guys are more than likely to be better value than whichever 18 year old is left at 46 and it gets slightly annoying when these Vic clubs get solid depth at worst, for s**t picks. Need to be looking at trading 46 for value (preferably midfield) depth rather than use it on someone speculative imo.
We wouldn't be able to fit him into our salary cap.

I'd say we are looking to bring in draftees as they are cheaper (and probably better than whatever pick 46 gets us).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greg Kinnear invented the windscreen wiper?!?!

Last year 15 trades had been done by this stage of the period.

In the final two days of trading in 2018, a further 24 trades were completed, including high profile moves of Wingard, Neale, Hogan, Lobb, May, Shiel and Beams.

This year, with two days to go just six trades have been completed - two of those involving the Eagles.

I would say there is a strong case for the player trading period to be reduced to a single five-day Monday to Friday weekday in length.
So I've been thinking about this...

Sure, have a week and a half of discussions/posturing. But why don't the AFL have 3 'windows' for trades (the actual paperwork and formal trade).

Monday 7-8pm
Tuesday 7-8pm
Wednesday 4:30-7:30

5 hours is plenty of time to get the minimal amount of player trades that are actually completed done (picks can always be traded), and would be an opportunity to have 3 nights of tv coverage.

Also would get rid of 6-7 days of boredom as nothing happens (or very little).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys, it's time to start debating who will have the ultimate dynasty after their trade period domination. Will it be?

1. Port Adelaide after conquering the 2017 & 2018 trade periods?
2. Essendon after dominating both 2017 & 2018?
3. Fremantle after destroying in 2017 and then backing it up in 2018?
4. Or will it be the lastest contender for trade period destruction, St Kildaaaaaaaaaa?

Just who has set themselves up best for bursting caps, list cloggers and zero young talent? While the smart money is always on Fremantle, I think The Saints are putting together something truly special.

Zak Jones, Paddy Ryder, Butler, Howard and Brad Hill. And no Ben King. It's beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I look forward to the most out of the trade period is the first time Dwayne Russell commentates a patch of play where Tim "the player the Eagles overlooked in the draft coz they didn't want him and then sold the farm to get him in a trade Geelong clearly won" Kelly kicks it to Jack "the player the Eagles tanked to get with a priority pick" Darling!

You have to wonder how Collingwood's salary cap has become so tight so quickly, considering they were a mediocre side up until halfway through 2018.

Some of them have to accept pay cuts if they want any success. Collingwood are big enough to look after them post footy.
They’ve always had some real elite players who would have been on big coin. The issue now though I think is that they have Grundy, de goey and Stephenson coming up for new contracts and if they don’t prepare for that now then they’ll be screwed.

Last year 15 trades had been done by this stage of the period.

In the final two days of trading in 2018, a further 24 trades were completed, including high profile moves of Wingard, Neale, Hogan, Lobb, May, Shiel and Beams.

This year, with two days to go just six trades have been completed - two of those involving the Eagles.

I would say there is a strong case for the player trading period to be reduced to a single five-day Monday to Friday weekday in length.
They’ve just had a week and a half of intense media coverage and fan involvement that they won’t give up for only 5 days worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back