List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’d be interested to get the thoughts of those with a greater understanding of the draft then mine on who they think we could/should try and pick up with our picks (currently 46 and 91)?
Should we be looking at a mature age draftee like Jai Bolton, Luke Partington (I know), Michael Bennell, or is there a potential gem (James Worpel at 45 or Gryan Miers at 57 come to mind from 2017 draft) you think our recruiters should no or be looking at?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I’d be interested to get the thoughts of those with a greater understanding of the draft then mine on who they think we could/should try and pick up with our picks (currently 46 and 91)?
Should we be looking at a mature age draftee like Jai Bolton, Luke Partington (I know), Michael Bennell, or is there a potential gem (James Worpel at 45 or Gryan Miers at 57 come to mind from 2017 draft) you think our recruiters should no or be looking at?
Neither Worpel or Miers were expected to drop that far so it’s hard to say. It’s not like they were hidden gems - they slid bigtime

Im hoping Mitch Georgiades slides due to injury. He is by no means a finished product, is 191cm and has played primarily as a medium marking forward.

At afl level if properly developed i see him as a medium defender. He's quick, great in the air and reads the ball coming at him exceptionally well. Like a lot of super talented athletes who dominate parts of juniors due to specific characteristics when played at the top level he hasn't got a huge amount of the ball playing as a forward / flanker. However at HB I can see him becoming a weapon.

Otherwise i'd have no issue with taking Jye Bolton at that pick, he at worst is ready to go midfield depth and is IMO the best player running around in the state leagues and has been for the last couple of years.

AFAIK he has in the past stated he wants national draft or nothing and is in the process of moving back to Victoria for one last shot at dominating the VFL in the hope of getting onto a main list if it doesn't happen this year.

If looking at Juniors from WA Pasini, Garcia and Pina should be available there. Really not sure we need an undersized key defender in Pasini however, Pina is highly skilled but very slim and at 176cm it's hard to see him making it as a rebounding defender at AFL level. Garcia is very draftable and is like a bull at at gate but as a midfielder is again only 176cm. To top that off is coming off a major knee injury however if we were rating the draft purely on talent Garcia is top 20.

Neither Worpel or Miers were expected to drop that far so it’s hard to say. It’s not like they were hidden gems - they slid bigtime

Which is exactly the sort of situation i hope we find a player in with pick 45.

Hopefully we aren't 'set' on someone with that 45 and can pounce if someone else highly rated slides. There's always a couple.

Curtis Taylor for example, was talked up with our first selection last year, even by Twomey (Lecras replacement) and he slid all the way to North at pick 46.

Meanwhile we pulled a random with O'Neil at 28. Valente slid all the way to Dockers remember, at pick 32.

Last edited:
Mathew Nicks is the New Adelaide coach ..
f43e537b44fd99502b5f8a15fef5f6ca.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which is exactly the sort of situation i hope we find a player in with pick 45.

Hopefully we aren't 'set' on someone with that 45 and can pounce if someone else highly rated slides. There's always a couple.

Curtis Taylor for example, was talked up with our first selection last year, even by Twomey (Lecras replacement) and he slid all the way to North at pick 46.

Meanwhile we pulled a random with O'Neil at 28. Valente slid all the way to Dockers remember, at pick 32.
Yeah hopefully we get a slider - reckon we prob have our eye on a skinny overage Subi player not projected to go until the rookie draft

Yep, but you've got to back the club in sometimes to turn him around.

Richmond are a prime example of this.

Absolutely. The club can turn around players who are committed to doing there part in that.

To me, a guy who has always underachieved (reportedly due to work/effort/preparation) and then wants to dictate an above-average wage (and go to the club/s that agree to that) - doesn't indicate someone who is looking to turn around their attitude.

Have a look at Ah Chee when we traded him in (not saying it worked out, just the attitude he displayed) - wanted a 1 year deal so he could prove himself and earn a longer deal. If Martin was displaying a similar mentality then yes I would be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mathew Nicks is the New Adelaide coach ..
f43e537b44fd99502b5f8a15fef5f6ca.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will be their 9th senior coach after Cornes, Shaw, Blight, Ayres, Craig, Sanderson, Walsh and Pyke. (Plus Camporeale who was interim coach after Phil Walsh was murdered)

Only 2 (Ayres and Craig) have coached for 5+ years

The tragedy of Phil Walsh’s death not withstanding, that’s a fair turnstile of coaches and doesn’t bode well for Matthew Nicks. Especially when you consider that he’s walking into a club that clearly has issues

By comparison we’re on our 6th coach who’s contracted to 2022

Yeah hopefully we get a slider - reckon we prob have our eye on a skinny overage Subi player not projected to go until the rookie draft

Amazing we actually took Foley BEFORE Bailey Williams 🤦‍♂️

What was going on there in the brain department BT? Boy oh boy wowee.

Absolutely. The club can turn around players who are committed to doing there part in that.

To me, a guy who has always underachieved (reportedly due to work/effort/preparation) and then wants to dictate an above-average wage (and go to the club/s that agree to that) - doesn't indicate someone who is looking to turn around their attitude.

Have a look at Ah Chee when we traded him in (not saying it worked out, just the attitude he displayed) - wanted a 1 year deal so he could prove himself and earn a longer deal. If Martin was displaying a similar mentality then yes I would be interested.
And yet there are loads (not me) on here who reckon we should pick up Bennell.

We're a conservative club by nature.
If we didn't pick up Stack or Pickett, Bennell is no chance.

Will be their 9th senior coach after Cornes, Shaw, Blight, Ayres, Craig, Sanderson, Walsh and Pyke. (Plus Camporeale who was interim coach after Phil Walsh was murdered)

Only 2 (Ayres and Craig) have coached for 5+ years

The tragedy of Phil Walsh’s death not withstanding, that’s a fair turnstile of coaches and doesn’t bode well for Matthew Nicks. Especially when you consider that he’s walking into a club that clearly has issues

By comparison we’re on our 6th coach who’s contracted to 2022

Adelaide also are a few years younger than us.

Fremantle are already onto their 6th (Neesham, Drum, Connolly, Harvey, Lyon, Longmuir) and they are even younger than Adelaide.

another option is could we swoop in on callum ah chee, seems like he is keen on brissy tho

Yeah C.Ah Chee to Brisbane should still get done. Both clubs waiting on J.Martin to be resolved first as Lions don't want to use more than pick 34 and will only do so if something is coming back.

Parto coming in for Parto eh? I like the cut of your jib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back