List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the six years he is on 4.95mil so about $850k per year with it front ended ....read he was on 1million next season which is the way to go no point paying 850k when 32 yrs of age .
I think Simmo has said it wasn't a 6 year deal.

I would still be surprised if he was on a million.

Around $700 000 a year I reckon.

I'm struggling to understand why you're having such strong feelings about trades which don't involve West Coast?

Because Geelong are a bunch of hypocrites and campaigners.

I want them to finish last fold. Not pick up useful bargains like Steven and Jenkins for peanuts.

Hill, future third for 10, 58, future second, future fourth, Acres.

On paper it’s a lot, but it’s a lot of volume. Pick 58, future fourth, Freo’s future third and Acres are all just...meh.

Hill for 10 and a future second is about right.
Freo are ******* geniuses!

They have turned chris mayne into pick 10 + future 2nd + acres and probably menedue and aish

Freo are ******* geniuses!

They have turned chris mayne into pick 10 + future 2nd + acres and probably menedue and aish

In a way, but that’s not how this works. Geelong turned 2017 pick 24 into a haul of draft picks, but ask them if they’d rather just have kept Tim Kelly.

Moving on from Hill with two years left on his contract, a winger they consider the best in the comp, is not shrewd business just because the pick was easy come easy go.

Same as Eagles pick 24 this year. It was acquired super easily, cheeky little live pick swap with Sydney to help them out. It still has value to us, or now to Geelong. Just because we got it for free doesn’t mean we should just punt it away.

Excluding this year (only played 7 games) Steven has polled 18, 11, 16 and 12 in the last 4 brownlows. 57 votes.

Shuey polled 7, 10, 10 and 6 votes over the same period. 33 votes.

Before anyone wets their pants and reminds me Shuey has more competition for Votes than Steven does, WCE also won many more games than St Kilda.

Quick glance, statistically, Steven actually stacks up pretty well against Shuey over the past 5 years. Would all of you be happy losing Shuey for what the Saints just lost Steven for?

The point Spacedick is making, is that Geelong have taken the best midfielder from a club, and it's only cost them a paltry pick 58.

Meanwhile we took the SECOND best midfielder from Geelong and it cost us a kings ransom. Geelong have completely cleaned up this trade period :mad:

Kelly 2018 vs Steven 2018

View attachment 765806
😂
Hey Keg on legs joop Gresh_Magic
Shuey or Steven?

lol at people melting over Geelong getting Stevens on the cheap. Guys finished. Just another Hannebery type trafe.
Looks like the Saints have learned their lesson to me.

Related image

Because Geelong are a bunch of hypocrites and campaigners.

I want them to finish last fold. Not pick up useful bargains like Steven and Jenkins for peanuts.

Yeah, I get that.

I used to be pretty neutral about Geelong until all the Kelly drama started. Now I think they are a bunch of whiny campaigners.

They're not winning any flags in the next few years with their current list. Unfortunately, Geelong aren't going to be bottoming out either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that St Kilda have decided to rely on a 19 year old coming off an ACL as their spearhead with Bruce leaving, big call.

Last edited:
I hope you are correct friendo 🙏

Although now he's back even closer to home, fresh start, new club, good midfield etc etc i'd be surprised if Steven didn't line up in their round 1 team and see out the rest of his fairly decent career at a reasonably high standard.

If he goes to Geelong and doesn't even get on the park then my rambling about how talented he is should be disregarded, and probably mocked.

FWIW I actually agree with you in that Geelong got an annoyingly massive steal. I don't wish him ill or anything, just the Cats as a whole.

Last edited:
Just had a look through St Kilda's list and had a read through their board. According to them, the replacements for Bruce include:
* Paddy Ryder (a ruckman first and foremost)
* Paddy McCartin (absolutely shot, although I hope not)
* Josh Battle (CHB turned into a forward)

One of them will partner a 19 year old coming off an ACL in attack as their KPFs. Made a big mistake by trading Bruce IMO.

Just had a look through St Kilda's list and had a read through their board. According to them, the replacements for Bruce include:

One of them will partner a 19 year old coming off an ACL in attack as their KPFs. Made a big mistake by trading Bruce IMO.

Battle played all of Juniors as a key forward and if he was 3-4cm taller would have been rated the top tall forward in his draft class. It's certainly a long way from optimal but Battle could Pair with King and it not be disasterous. They need Ryder to be able to play the whole season first of all mind you.

Yeah, you'd think they'd be going after a mature aged forward in the draft as that forward line is looking flimsy. I haven't been following the state leagues closely enough to know if there's any decent candidates going around though. Fraser McInnes to get onto another list?!

Although, for some reason I thought Battle was drafted as a forward & St Kilda had been trialing him as a back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back