Recommitted Anthony Miles [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there even a contract offer in front of him ?? And most fans are very protective of their own players, even if they aren't that great. Maybe because they fear that the player might take the next step at another club and they don't want to be left wondering what could have been and looking silly having got unders at the trade table.
I think at 25 you get what you see with Miles.

I think at 25 you get what you see with Miles.
The three years prior to this season Miles averaged 23+ touches and high tackle count per game as an inside mid at senior level.

This year he has been unlucky with senior selection but has dominated in the 2nds. At 25 years, he is at his prime. I reckon he has value to sides looking for a good clearance guy who works hard at the coalface.

The three years prior to this season Miles averaged 23+ touches and high tackle count per game as an inside mid at senior level.

This year he has been unlucky with senior selection but has dominated in the 2nds. At 25 years, he is at his prime. I reckon he has value to sides looking for a good clearance guy who works hard at the coalface.
Which is exactly why I want him at Essendon. Give me a 23 disposal (11/12 CP/UP split), 5 clearance and 5 tackle inside mid for 5 years? Exactly what we need

If you lost Rockliff. Not sure otherwise.

We're happy to keep him. Great kid.

Brisbane were the 18th contestant possession side last year and have been dismal for the past few years in this area? Why not bring in a contestant ball winner who is a decent player that can help a young side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney seems a likely candidate but at pick 49, potentially pushed into the 50s, it seems unlikely they'll have reasonable currency to get the deal done if Richmond stick fast.

As he is uncontracted and coming off a 5 game season, pick 31 is surely not on the table from Sydney.

Pick 49 (pushed into the 50s) is unders but Miles is unlikely to sign a contract if he is on the outer, why would he, Richmond would begrudgingly take that.

Norths pick 44 and Brisbane pick 41 could also come into it. Both around about the value.

I think you underrate him. He's one trick sure, but definitely AFL standard. Also all teams need depth, so I doubt we'd be looking to move him on for a pick we probably won't need. A swap of a third for a second would be fair I think, but again not sure if we would actually get any benefit from it, so looks like a tough trade to make happen.

Tough trade to make happen if he was contracted. Uncontracted you will probably give him to the club he requests for a pick around 40s.
As you say he's AFL standard, so he won't be risking a Xavier Richards situation by trying his luck in the PSD, so unless he's content being depth (I doubt it) or has a spot opening up for him (also doubt it - Lambert, Caddy are more versatile, Graham looks the goods, they'd be your 3 lower-tier mids after Dusty/Cotch/Prestia/Grigg/Edwards/B.Ellis) I reckon he'll take a better contract offer elsewhere.

Sydney seems a likely candidate but at pick 49, potentially pushed into the 50s, it seems unlikely they'll have reasonable currency to get the deal done if Richmond stick fast.

As he is uncontracted and coming off a 5 game season, pick 31 is surely not on the table from Sydney.

Pick 49 (pushed into the 50s) is unders but Miles is unlikely to sign a contract if he is on the outer, why would he, Richmond would begrudgingly take that.

Norths pick 44 and Brisbane pick 41 could also come into it. Both around about the value.

Tough trade to make happen if he was contracted. Uncontracted you will probably give him to the club he requests for a pick around 40s.
As you say he's AFL standard, so he won't be risking a Xavier Richards situation by trying his luck in the PSD, so unless he's content being depth (I doubt it) or has a spot opening up for him (also doubt it - Lambert, Caddy are more versatile, Graham looks the goods, they'd be your 3 lower-tier mids after Dusty/Cotch/Prestia/Grigg/Edwards/B.Ellis) I reckon he'll take a better contract offer elsewhere.
There are many ways to get the deal done these days

Sydney swans 2018 2nd rounder
or
#31 + #68 for Miles +51

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or
#31 + #68 for Miles +51
Swans won't be trading out future picks...
Nick Blakey is an academy player and they'll be saving everything if he picks us.

Corey Ellis , Connor Menadue as well as Shai Bolton and Tyson Stengle looking like all having good midfield ability

I'm not sure what point your trying to make?
Pretty obvious with what you posted and what he quoted, you said Brisbane are interested, he quoted your post and stated that he mentioned it earlier that Brisbane plus the other clubs he mentioned are interested in Miles.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

or
#31 + #68 for Miles +51

I suggest those deals aren't getting done because it's way overpaying for him, not because Sydney don't have that currency. I doubt he's commanding a pick in the 30s as an uncontracted 25 year old coming off a 5 game season and as you pointed out, not only not in the team but with a bunch of other VFL kids who look likely to make the move into the AFL midfield. It just doesn't matter what he did in 2014 or whether he is depth Richmond fans want to keep, the big thing is uncontracted + depth player = if he doesn't sign for the Tiges soon, he's going for * all in trade value.

If Sydney pay a 2nd rounder they clearly don't rate the draft at all, that's another matter though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back