Autopsy Argh Bugger - Tigers by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't our night - the effort and intent was there, but the cohesion, chemistry and execution was lacking

There was frustrations aplenty, but at also got a glimpse of the future with a number of Kittens running around

We now look ahead to next week and our clash with Fremantle out west

And I know folks will want to vent, but do be mindful to not get carried away and unnecessarily cross the line to what we all knows not accepted - that goes for locals & visitors, BS won't be tolerated

Bad loss… had that game and threw it away early with terrible conversion.

Thought we might lose going in with all the outs, but should have won with that start.

Disappointing.

I soaked my hat in cider and even washed it. Oh well. Tried to tell people ... Too many out.

Richmond are an average side. Auskick footy.

Full side we win by a lot.

The young midfield that many were worried about actually did alright, especially in the first half, turns out the two ends of the ground were of more concern. Felt like the backline in particular looked a little shaky - some real cheap goals allowed while at the other end we squandered plenty, both shots on goal and setting them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly predictable result......thought all week it was 50/50 at best.

You can only drain a team of so much talent before the missing outweighs the remaining.

The knock-on effects to cohesion, stability, execution, and the basic standard of skill is undeniable with each exclusion, and we had 8 of them.

To make it worse, our core of players had an off night.

Still, we gave a good account of ourselves considering..... it's only Round 9 folks.

The young midfield that many were worried about actually did alright, especially in the first half, turns out the two ends of the ground were of more concern. Felt like the backline in particular looked a little shaky - some real cheap goals allowed while at the other end we squandered plenty, both shots on goal and setting them up.
To be fair part of the issue up forward and down back is our mids were struggling to match their spread from the contest. We were great around the contest in there but just didn't have the miles in the legs to pressure them well away from the contest.

Never again for Parfitt please. He has had his chance, and at least 3 kids are ahead of him. He is first out with close back for mine.
Was a big fan but he’s tracking backwards. Umpires and poor kicking versus their straight shooting effectively killed the game. Not concerned though apart from my multis 😵‍💫

* I'm sick of getting outcoached by that dickhead Hardwick. When every long kick goes to an unmarked Tiger then something is way, way off.

That reminded me of the 2020 GF and was most unpleasant.

Forward line mostly blew it in the first half, but also:
  • Parfitt, no, sorry, looks done
  • Smith gets it a lot and doesn't hurt the opposition
  • Not getting Clark on sooner was weird and dumb
  • Ceglar not worth the upside in the ruck IMHO
  • Dump kicks straight to a team who play on at all costs = death
  • Injuries and the bullshit Close suspension were probably the difference despite all that
  • Umpiring was wildly one sided for the second week in a row

We won pretty much all the stats, despite playing poorly and kicking for goal poorly. 8 premiership players out, while Richmond played their best game of the year and kicking out of their ass at goal.

Let the media run win the tigers are back lol. We just need to grind out the wins before the bye, will be tough, but the cattle will return, then can attack the 2nd half of the season and see how we go.

I know we probably wont have any of the inj guys back next week (besides close) but that has to be parfitts last game for us this year (and probably ever).

I actually liked our game tonight besides poor conversion but next week is a big one 5-4 and an interstate trip where we have too many injuries to rest old guys..ceglar on a bigger ground against an elite ruck..gonna be tough. Just need to scrounge wins until we get guys back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back