Game Day Around The Grounds - JLT Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn't give a s**t about struggling clubs until we became one.
At no stage in AFL history has one club been as advantaged. Their list is arguably the most talented in history. I'm not just worried about Carlton, but a number of Mid range Melbourne clubs who look to be clogged between 9 - 18 for years to come

Well, the Bulldogs managed to pull together a premiership team - how many were recruited before GWS (genuine question)? Still room for good list management. In the meantime, I will enjoy our NSW Academy team and make our wish list for SOSanta next trade period. :p;)
I'm not saying it is impossible but it is arguably more difficult now to rise up the ladder than in the past. I think it's harder to break through the middle clump. I'm just stunned with the depth of talent on their list. How one club can have so many stars and be able to loose so many players and still be star studded is remarkable

I'm not saying it is impossible but it is arguably more difficult now to rise up the ladder than in the past. I think it's harder to break through the middle clump. I'm just stunned with the depth of talent on their list. How one club can have so many stars and be able to loose so many players and still be star studded is remarkable

I agree , the middle section is a very talented tranch of 4 or 5 teams on their day and with a healthy list very difficult to rise above them.
At our stage of development and personal availablity bottom 5 will the finalprobably be the outcome.
Of course there's a possibility a few youngster will surprise Polson Marchbank, Pickett and SOS and Fisher shine very early too, that may change things a little.
It's team cohesion , culture and game plan that we need to refine and calibrate.
Very exciting times ahead after our least bug clean out season's end.
Go Baggers

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, and I am not saying it isn't a crap situation for clubs to be in. But it's what we're stuck with, and the other clubs were slower than we were at seeing the GWS as the development squad that they inevitably have to be. Hopefully we do better than most with raiding the mongrels! If we keep improving the way we seem to be, more of the better ones will want to come to us.

Yeah, that massive Riverina region helps. They just continually get exclusive access to multiple top 10 draft picks at a discounted rate.

That zone of theirs is not sustainable, but they will keep it until they win at least a couple of flags.

I don't think it is a lost cause overtaking them though, they will lose many players due to the cap.

Love this!

C47LLIeVMAE6qjm.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, and I am not saying it isn't a crap situation for clubs to be in. But it's what we're stuck with, and the other clubs were slower than we were at seeing the GWS as the development squad that they inevitably have to be. Hopefully we do better than most with raiding the mongrels! If we keep improving the way we seem to be, more of the better ones will want to come to us.
In a season or two, we will not have to raid so to speak, GWS or any other club,
Our talent will start to develop and the brand of football we play will attract players from other clubs and make us a destination club.

Sam Day with a dislocated hip.

Horrible to watch.
Ch7 news managed to replay it from a couple of angles and in slow motion.

Lucky I was eating tea at the time.

Will miss most of the year as he has also fractured part of the area in the process.

Footage isn't Nathan Brown (or that WA leg break from a couple years ago) but damn that is such a rare thing to have happen.

Will miss most of the year as he has also fractured part of the area in the process.

Footage isn't Nathan Brown (or that WA leg break from a couple years ago) but damn that is such a rare thing to have happen.
Sean Charles also made me cringe

Saw that they claimed it was like a car crash injury (which ironically is how one of the Newcastle Knights players dislocated their hip only a month ago). Terrible injury.

Jamie Elliot has left Pies training on crutches. Didn't look too good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back