Game Day Around The Grounds - Rnds 0 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s right …come out and talk tough, but you have to walk the talk and not get reported !!
Just watch the * cheer squad in the media come out and support them this week. Was Darcy in the commentary box last night? If so, was he full of praise for this rough edge approach?

They’re a disgraceful football club. They’ve always been a disgraceful football club.

Have a bit of an in with Sydney. Has said he has struggled with his body most of his career. Hasn’t really been fully right at any time. Feeling as good now as anytime in his career.
We underestimate just how banged up these guys are most of the time. Only need to be 10-20% off to be brought back to the pack.
The biggest impact on “form” is carried injuries. The guns like Bont, Fyfe, Cripps, Judd, Dusty etc. don’t lose ability, it’s injuries that they are carrying predominately.
As an example, Cripps “form” didn’t dip 2022 after the blistering start in his Brownlow year, he pinged his string in round 4 against GC - only missed the 1 game the following week, the pre-season work he had done allowed him to comeback and put together another 3 to 4 games of quality before the niggles started to get to him. Hamstring related back & calf tightness, the on-going shoulder & knee niggles etc. Injury management is the biggest determiner of form for these guys.
Firmly believe if Fyfe’s body didn’t disintegrate between his Brownlow years of 2015/19 we’ d be having conversations about where he sits amongst the greats of the game.
It’s a cruel tough sport.
Most of us are even tougher in our assessment and expectations of the unbelievably gifted humans that play the game we love at the highest level.

Even so, he does look much more comfortable in the midfield than he ever has as that floating marking target in the forward half. That’s not to say he hasn’t been elite in that role, but he just looks even better following the ball. I don’t know if this would’ve ever happened without the Swans losing a massive chunk of their midfield.

Great post with great insight.

Jobe honestly is he the full quid ?
Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

dogs v suns will be an interesting game.

Dogs have lost their way a bit and suns have been unreliable historically but I do wonder how much of a difference Hardwick will make as their new coach.

I've gone with the dogs.....only because it is being played in Ballarat.

If dogs lose today it might just be the tipping point.

I’m predicting Bevo is gone half way through the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If dogs lose today it might just be the tipping point.

I’m predicting Bevo is gone half way through the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He won them a flag and I’ve always liked the way they play. Not sure how much of the problem bevo is……probably a combination of available talent and perhaps bevo.

You’re probably right though…lose today and pressure will continue to mount.

He won them a flag and I’ve always liked the way they play. Not sure how much of the problem bevo is……probably a combination of available talent and perhaps bevo.

You’re probably right though…lose today and pressure will continue to mount.
True enough.

Hope they win though. Dimma shits me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far I have learnt that Liam Jones has forgotten how to mark, kick and handball.

Ben Dixon, take those math lessons again.

Dogs lead by 28 points, not 21.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back