Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

What's f’ed is I reckon we'll open up a week or so after the test would have ended. Was hoping we're just let them play the damn test.

I have no clue who we're playing next summer. If it's India it'll be a four match test series and they'll skip over WA like they did in 2020. Miss out again.

South africa next summer i believe not sure who else is coming out maybe the west indies ae haven't played them in a test match since 2016.

true, but Blundstone is a lot cheaper to run. the shortfall, IIRC, is around 10-15mil when it was stated in an article I read.

we are also limited to 10K but let's see how independent our health officials really are.
Gut feeling it'll be at the MCG and it'll be marketed as a chance for sport loving Vics to spend another five days at the cricket after losing two grand finals.

That campaigner running the show in WA shouldn't get special treatment for continually shutting out the rest of the country. It's like the naughty kid at school getting punished with a bag of lollies.

It's come back to bite him on the arse and stiff sh*t that Optus won't get a test match.

Righto... because you hate the campaigner, that means he's useless?

Strong logic there.

You have to have someone decent to replace Warner with. His partner is quite unproven which gives you an idea of the space available in that particular shelf in the batting cupboard.

And while it's a big shame that Perth won't get a test match, people moaning about WA govt behaviour should try living in the opposite zone like in the UK. You can't but help feel like sitting ducks for new variants and it will be like tihs for ages. I can barely remember what the pre-covid world was like.

Anyway, back to the cricket! I'll only be paying attention to the last sessions probably which is a drag. Got big hopes for Smith to have a good to excellent summer. He's due. And for Josh to wipe the floor with the English batsmen.

Last edited:
its 100% more that the East Coast think the WA government/people have acted like cave dwellers the whole covid era and basically spent the majority of it lording it over the east coast for their cases.

Definitely a bit of schadenfreude from the east coast
The dickhead running WA is acting like a cave dweller now and it's cost you a major event. Covid is here to stay. If he doesn't change his tune WA will be skipped over by more than just the cricket.

You can't compare perth getting the AFL GF and missing out on an ashes test.

At the time of the AFL GF both Melbourne and Sydney were in lockdown and restrictions were still all over the country except in WA. WA was the only option for a sell out and big crowd.

Fast forward 3 months Melbourne and sydney are free with no restrictions the rest of the country are about to open the borders except WA. And quarantine is required to enter WA the only state at this stage it will be required for with interstate travel in mid january.

CA had no choice

A Hobart Ashes test would be a sell-out for all 5 days! There would be punch-ups in the streets with people trying to get tickets. Having said that, at best, it would still only be 50% of the gate takings from the MCG..!
5 days would be a bit of a stretch, but I would expect at least the first two would sell out, but it will be affected by much smaller balmy army numbers coming over this series due to Covid.

true, but Blundstone is a lot cheaper to run. the shortfall, IIRC, is around 10-15mil when it was stated in an article I read.

we are also limited to 10K but let's see how independent our health officials really are.
A much smaller Barmy Army coming over for this series due to Covid will make for smaller crowds but hopefully at least two days will sell out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why should they change everything for Perth? CA don’t need Perth, but it seems WA do need cricket.

I just don’t understand why any BBL games are even being played there, ridiculous.

WA and McGowan lost there leverage once Melbourne and sydney opened up and restriction free basically. No need to go to WA now that Melbourne and sydney aren't in lockdown and other states are opening up to the.

Throw in the quarantine no one should bother going there when no other state will doing it

Don't know why so many people in the Eastern states are so happy to see Perth lose this test when the time difference makes it possible for people there to watch more of the cricket in prime time at night. You'd think they would be keen for Perth to keep the test rather than being played over East.

Nothing to do with that and the replacement will be D/N anyway. I’m happy CA didn’t bow down good on them showing some nads

Think you'll find a lot of cities that host Test match cricket struggle to get past 10k attendance after day 1
That may be the case but this is the Ashes, allthough obviously having much smaller balmy army numbers coming over will affect numbers.

Don't they always do these posts a few days out from tests? most of that grass will be mown off before Day 1. Will still be surprised if there is much assistance for the bowlers, like most Australian test matches.

Correct, wonder when this Chris Stocks kiddie turns 12 - as most turf wickets look like your front lawn a few days prior to play...

OMG she wants compensation from CA to cover what WA have lost 😂😂😂. You useless cretin, youre asking the wrong person. How embarrassing

She’s making McClown look only the second biggest knob

Remove this Banner Ad

Back