Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please Read First Page before Posting)

Thoughts on Rockliff and Redden this year? I'm concerned that both of them (Rockliff more than Redden) may recieve more attention this year which could see their scores drop.

Also, is Adcock a good pickup this year?

Have you tried reading the opening post of this thread Matt?

I also suspect "someone" may write an update after this weekend, to bring it up to date.

Ah whoops, thanks. That'll teach me for skim reading thread titles.

Its been a closed shop as far as getting injury info out of the lions. There has been no indication that Zorko will play this week.
Thanks for the update, shame we have no idea how he's coming along.

Anyways, say he's fit by next week and ready for round 1, do you guys believe he will walk into the best 22 or will have to earn his spot first?

Anyways, say he's fit by next week and ready for round 1, do you guys believe he will walk into the best 22 or will have to earn his spot first?

Very much the latter.

He was brought in to play, and i think he will get to the senior team easy enough, but after time out, he will spend some time in the 2nds before hitting the senior team. Still no mention of when he is likely to play, but not playing any NAB cup games means a bit of the run in the 2nds for some match fitness first.

For those umming and arhhing over whether to pick Geelong's Smedts in their DT squad, it was interesting today to read that Steve Johnson thought Smedts would play 15 games minimum this year.

Maybe a puff piece but a fairly good indicator that Smedts would be a good bench option. Think about Guthrie too...he will play a lot this year IMO.

Will read Quigley's update with interest...thanks in advance.

Guys can i have your thoughts on both Golby and Hawksley, who do you think will play the more DT friendly role? Both have been impressive this NAB cup, Hawksley hasn't had much TOG in round 2 and 3 of the NAB cup, not sure why? Can anyone shed some light on why that might be?

What roles will these 2 guys play and how solid is their job security?

Thanks and good luck this year!

Golby will have better JS than Hawksley i think. Hawksley is in and out a bit, i think Golby is stepping up this year, and should be able to hold down a spot in the back line. He is a rebounding defender, so does have a DT friendly game. I think Hanley and Adcock will both spend a bit more time further up the ground, leaving Golby to help with the rebounding duties.

However, neither are a sure thing to play 22 games. Once Drummond is fit, he will come back in, and Docherty is another likely to push for senior selection, all would probably impact on Golby's spot.

Golby is a small quick defender that allows Hanley to play up the field and frees up McGrath to also be more of a QB in defense. He is also a good user of the ball which is very handy for us. I think he should be pretty safe when Drummond returns as I see him as being more likely to come in for Stiller.

Hawksley is capable of getting a bit of it when freed up to chase the ball but he is prone to using it poorly. Note he did not make the 25 for this weeks preseason game. He is playing for his career this year and there are quite a few I would have ahead of him personally.

Thanks guys!

Both have been really impressive this pre-season but i don't know much about either of them. I think now i rate Golby higher.

What's the consensus on Leuenberger ATM? Looked like really stepping up last year, and has been average in the Nab Cup? Is he injured? Or is he just getting primed for the home and away? Hoping he could become a 100+ this year... But not so sure on Nab cup form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the consensus on Leuenberger ATM? Looked like really stepping up last year, and has been average in the Nab Cup? Is he injured? Or is he just getting primed for the home and away? Hoping he could become a 100+ this year... But not so sure on Nab cup form.

Leuie's going to be a gamble this year, because it looks like Voss is determined to play two rucks. How that will impact on Leuie's scoring is yet to be seen, but IMO he's more likely to score better playing in the ruck than when he's up forward.

I had Bergs locked in all the way until NAB Cup. I've now taken him out just because it is a bit too unknown for me. I think he is likely to spend more time up forward, and while he is there he won't be scoring like he does in the ruck. Whilst i don't think he is a 'bad' pick, i don't think he is a 'good' pick either. Just too much unknown for me. If he settles into his new role and busts up, i'll look to trade him in after the bye.

Evening all - got a SC league I'm assembling with some fairly competitive types and am trying to get a rep from each side.

Any Brisbane folk interested?

What's people thoughts on Polec?
Job security?

Golby's making himself hard to ignore with another good effort today. Is he worth the 260K? Or to risky?
Also is Yeo a chance to play round 1?
Thanks.

Just wondering about Sam Docherty did he play for the reserves if he did how he go?

I was really impressed with Longer yesterday. How many games do you think he will play? After watching yesterday I'd play Longer over Hudson as he is a better forward which is probably what you need with Browny out. Fair call?

For a third/fourth ruck he is a tad expensive so I'd want him to play early. What are his chances? Thanks

Golby's making himself hard to ignore with another good effort today. Is he worth the 260K? Or to risky?
Also is Yeo a chance to play round 1?
Thanks.

Golby - is certainly best 22 but is at a funny price. There is growth likely in his scoring but he won't reach elite level this year IMO.

Yeo - unlikely for round 1, I would have thought. Better DT than SC prospect given he misses a lot of targets.

Just wondering about Sam Docherty did he play for the reserves if he did how he go?

Played and did OK. Needs time on ground though. Not in the mix for round 1 IMO.

I was really impressed with Longer yesterday. How many games do you think he will play? After watching yesterday I'd play Longer over Hudson as he is a better forward which is probably what you need with Browny out. Fair call?

For a third/fourth ruck he is a tad expensive so I'd want him to play early. What are his chances? Thanks

Longer is looking more and more like a round 1 prospect. The question is whether he is worth the higher price, compared to others likely to also play round 1.

What are your opinions of claye beams in terms of job security and scoring potential. Is he likely to spend time in the midfield at all?

Beams only has to continue his round 1 form to retain his spot. He spends a bit of time in the midfield but he's predominantly a forward at this stage.

I have updated page 1 with a sentence or two on each player post NAB.

Thanks Quigs. The trend that I see is that the young blokes who impressed are mid-priced and so are not great pickups. There is price growth in them though and I don't expect any of the likes of Beams, Lester and Polec to miss much footy in the first 8 or so rounds.

What's people thoughts on Polec?
Job security?
I missed this one. Should be there for round 1 after being one of the more consistent performers in the NAB Cup. Job security is a little uncertain given his inexperience but I think they'll give him plenty of senior footy this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back