Australia Squads for Tour of Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

If they don’t play Maxwell, after telling him to stay in SL, after getting his wife to fly over with his baggy green and white pads, after ignoring him for five years, crushing his hopes time after time, then * them.

Perhaps Maxi will be the 2nd spinner with Lyon,means we most likely will bat down to 8 with the last 3 being Cummins,Hazelwood and Lyon.I presume Starc will be out injured and Head will play.

Perhaps Maxi will be the 2nd spinner with Lyon,means we most likely will bat down to 8 with the last 3 being Cummins,Hazelwood and Lyon.I presume Starc will be out injured and Head will play.
If Head is going to play, Maxwell as a second spinner is kind of redundant. Don't need two part time right arm offspinners.

If they don’t play Maxwell, after telling him to stay in SL, after getting his wife to fly over with his baggy green and white pads, after ignoring him for five years, crushing his hopes time after time, then * them.
Which fit player should be dropped to make way for Maxwell?

Holland ugh, serviceable shield cricketer but nothing more.

Smacks of overthinking things in Asia, not an unusual occurrence.

I haven't seen much of Swepson but he seemed to lack variety. Maybe on those pitches he may be a bit more threatening but then again he'll be bowling to better players of spin generally speaking. Either way we have no real solid second option, might as well go with a Maxwell.

I haven't seen much of Swepson but he seemed to lack variety. Maybe on those pitches he may be a bit more threatening but then again he'll be bowling to better players of spin generally speaking. Either way we have no real solid second option, might as well go with a Maxwell.

Not sure a bowling attack of Haezlewood,Cummins,Green,Lyon and Maxwell can get 20 wickets but means we can bat down to 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it’s a tough one, really the problem is we don’t have a viable second spinner, not long ago we didn’t even have a viable first spinner I guess.

Not even sure about our 1st spinner Lyon these days but lets hope he proves me wrong.Playing Maxwell as a 2nd spinner to me seems a negative approach as I doubt whether he will take a 5 for but could tie a end down and looking at the other options other then Kuhnemann I think he might be the better option.If we want to be positive and win the game I would seriously look at Kuhnemann.

Not even sure about our 1st spinner Lyon these days but lets hope he proves me wrong.Playing Maxwell as a 2nd spinner to me seems a negative approach as I doubt whether he will take a 5 for but could tie a end down and looking at the other options other then Kuhnemann I think he might be the better option.If we want to be positive and win the game I would seriously look at Kuhnemann.

I really don't know much about Kuhnemann, his FC figures don't look too crash hot. Well this is where selectors can earn their keep I guess.

I think it would harsh if Swepson is dropped for the test.

The pitches in pakistan provided nothing .....and our fielding was terrible costing Swepson a few wickets.

Conditions here favour the spin lets find out what he has got in this test......if he stuffs up then change for me for the 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back