Australian Touring Squad for India

Remove this Banner Ad

So given his ODI record too, Mitch Marsh is basically the right-arm version of James Faulkner.

If we're not willing to play Faulkner in the Test side because of his batting, why are we willing to play Marsh?

completely different bowlers. Marsh is a seamer, Faulkner has a good repertoire of cutters and changes in pace. Gripping, dry and two paced decks may suit Faulkner.

Sharma was mostly a spectator though. And I can't recall a bowler taking so long to bowl 6 balls. He is painful to watch.

Sharma is regularly a second innings spectator. He bowled more earlier in his career and averages the same number of overs per innings as Starc, Hazlewood etc. but 26 times he's bowled fewer than 10 overs in an innings, and 4 times he hasn't bowled at all.

Sharma is regularly a second innings spectator. He bowled more earlier in his career and averages the same number of overs per innings as Starc, Hazlewood etc. but 26 times he's bowled fewer than 10 overs in an innings, and 4 times he hasn't bowled at all.
Still perplexed as to why Bhuvneshwar didn't play. He's their best seamer.

Still perplexed as to why Bhuvneshwar didn't play. He's their best seamer.

I'll admit I don't follow Indian cricket all that closely but they smoked England 4-0 and made 4 changes from the 5th test to this one (with a single test against Bangladesh in between). Patel, Nair, Vijay, Mishra all didn't play. They tend to chop and change their team a lot.

Think the win makes it more likely for Mitch Marsh to be retained. Our concern will be the massive road that wears out our bowlers so need the support. Maxwell is a gamble on a turner type of selection and I don't reckon we are going to get another of those.

they will take any excuse under the sun to get Marsh back into the team.

Think the win makes it more likely for Mitch Marsh to be retained. Our concern will be the massive road that wears out our bowlers so need the support. Maxwell is a gamble on a turner type of selection and I don't reckon we are going to get another of those.

Yeah. Mitch Marsh was selected for those matches where we might need to bowl for 200+ overs and flat track makes that more likely.

He didn't bowl, made 31 and 4. Compelling.
We bowled a combined total of 20 overs of pace for the entire match. Why would he have bowled.

There was also a grand total of 5 higher scores than his 31 in the match. I'm not saying he played a stand out game, just that people are looking for excuses to drop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We bowled a combined total of 20 overs of pace for the entire match. Why would he have bowled.

There was also a grand total of 5 higher scores than his 31 in the match. I'm not saying he played a stand out game, just that people are looking for excuses to drop him.

Well they want to drop him because at the moment he contributes very little, and perhaps someone else might contribute more.

I'd keep him in the team but he's pretty much only there in case we have to bowl a huge amount of overs so we don't overbowl our two quicks who do contribute.

Deadset.... Shaun Marsh cannot field... He had butterfingers during while we were slaying Pune.

Beautiful player to watch. Has had a few great knocks in Sri Lanka. Made a fighting hundred vs South Africa.

But I think he pulls up short. I would play Usman ahead of him.

Deadset.... Shaun Marsh cannot field... He had butterfingers during while we were slaying Pune.

Beautiful player to watch. Has had a few great knocks in Sri Lanka. Made a fighting hundred vs South Africa.

Shaun Marsh ahead of Usman on spinning decks every day of the week and twice on Sunday for me.

Have you ever seen Usman field??

Delicious.
So, thoughts on his copious amounts of nudies this test? you know, proving what I've said all along that he won't make it at this level.
Needs conditions to be seriously in his favour, another pitch like the 3rd test and he'll be ineffective.

Again, heck his shield record, it means nothing as he barely spins the ball.

So, thoughts on his copious amounts of nudies this test? you know, proving what I've said all along that he won't make it at this level.
Needs conditions to be seriously in his favour, another pitch like the 3rd test and he'll be ineffective.

Again, **** his shield record, it means nothing as he barely spins the ball.

Would you rather he average 40 in the Shield but spin the ball? Would that make his selection more palatable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back