Autopsy Autopsy: North Melbourne vs Fremantle: Round 1, 2019 - 82 point L (59-141) (No opposition posters)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely deflating, obviously not throwing the toys out of the cot after one week but it’s hard to see what improvements we’ve made in the offseason. First 3 games of 2019 we’ve been pantsed defensively and haven’t offered much forward of centre.

For years we’ve had the worst skills in the comp, the same players every year and yet nothing is done about it.

JMac’s 5 turnovers in the first quarter coming out of defence absolutely killed us early and didn’t get much better after that.

Young Bailey and LDU were good, Polec and Hall offered something through the middle. Atley was really good after being swung back.

Other then that, my excitement for this year just took a massive hit. We looked bad through the jlt and much worse today. Skills just aren’t up to scratch and whatever the * that game plan is, it’s not going to work with sub par skilled players. Bin it.

My word if we get rolled next week.....

Not even sure how to analyse a game like that. A few clear shining lights on the day. But then a LOT (over half the team) of players that played badly if not even worse. As for the gameplan... Nonsensical. We got ourselves polished outside runners and (supposedly) have one of the best leading giant forwards. I saw nothing that indicated we would use the rule changes to utilise those.

We only had two players last year with a positive centre bounce attendance differential. Both didn't play today. No wonder we were smashed in there.

No of them was injured and other dropped, unbelievable. Ahern was the 7th best last year of the top 50 and he was dropped, Anderson is the other.

Well done Brad.

Please for the love of ******* god bottom out for the next 3 years.

We need elite talent.
Will mean nothing if Brad Scott and our development coaches remain. We need a clean out of the coaching staff, because otherwise the elite young kids we bring in will just crumble into the plodders that most of our young players are now.

Maybe Freo Heave Ho aren't as bad as some people in here seem to think.

Fyfe / Hill / Tucker will take it up to plenty of teams this season.

Ross The Boss has always been a master tactician and today he choked our so-so back six like a pro UFC fighter.

Losing EVW was tough, especially with no Thompson down there to steady the ship.

Yes, the Macs are both ordinary footballers. It sucks. But it is what it is.

JZ has always been one to go missing. His little buddy Jy was equally invisible. I've gotten used to it.

Higgins will come good, so will Tarrant and Brown. Those three alone will make a massive difference.

Look out, Brisbane. You'll need to lift your game if you want to beat us by more than 10-12 goals.

Jokes aside, I like the look of Bailey Scott.

When was the last time we had an 18yo play round 1 and immediately look as though he could pull his own weight in the midfield?

No need to 'gift' this kid games. Straight into the team and doing good things. I like it.
Wish Simpkin would get his finger out!

Dark dark day in the clubs history with that loss.

Looking at what went wrong, well what went right is the harder question. Everything that could've gone wrong, did go wrong.

From what I can gather so far it is very very clear we learned nothing from what made that loss against Port in the JLT so glaring, too much handballing, not enough tackling and that's barely scraping the surface.

Few players can hold their heads high, and Bailey Scotts one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back