Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else struggling lately to enjoy footy even as a spectacle anymore?
The constant rule changes every year tweaking s**t endlessly have made the already terrible umpires be at a standard as low as I can recall..
Any semblance of enjoyment I used to get from football as a sport is drying up more every year. I barely bother with neutral game unless it’s finals, I used to watch at least a couple of non north games every week.
Of course following North lately hasn’t helped the enjoyment but games like today demonstrating blatant corruption make me question if this sport even is fun to watch on any level.
Today was like the Superbowl and WWE levels of fake match fixing and officiating.

You wouldn't see such one sided umpiring against a finals side or in a final.

Midfield got absolutely destroyed. The umpiring was utterly match fixing but we gotta take responsibility too.

Didn't give our backline a chance.
Given the drug stuff that came out this week, rigged umpiring is not quite as silly as it once sounded.

We got comprehensively flogged in most areas anyway, so it doesn’t matter about the maggots. We have bigger issues to sort out.

Is anyone else just kinda going through the motions until round 6 and 7 when we play Hawthorn and Adelaide?

I have absolutely no confidence of a win until then. Opening 4 games all against flag contenders to start this year has really sapped the group too. It's also why I am more bored than angry or sad. Every game has ended with the margin we would probably suspect. Has a bottom 2 team ever copped that kind of draw to start their year?
Hawks and Adelaide are exactly gimmes either
Hopefully 2 wins though.

In my time of watching this sport (late 90s) they have never been a true flag threat (99 they got lucky against * and were a mid-table side and 2000 were never beating *) so I have never been able to see the peak arrogance from them that older generations of oppo fans talk about. Seeing it now though, they are certain they are gonna pinch a flag, and are probably correct, they are arguably worse than * fans. I really hope they fail. I'll even take Collingwood or Sydney stopping them
I wasn't at the game, but I know the fans are hard work. Even after decades of failure they are arrogant. I don't mind the team though. And I am a fan of Vossy.

Hi all, new to the forum, me based in lonely Perth, again no tv coverage for north, managed to watch at nearby cafe, joke indeed yet again, yes Carlton deserved win, better and composure than us, again hate to say it, not blaming entirely but umpires decisions, blamtely obvious, north, players, coach staff, board, unable to comment, fines ahead, but as a supporter and 20 year member I would next away game based in Melbourne should and must not attend, even if it hurts, and let the AFL know it’s we’re we stand, boycott next away based Melbourne game, no doubt I will get some crap from this first post, but take a stand, heads up loyal north members and supporters, nothing against our young team, we will always be by your side, but enough is enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aging Lethal Weapon GIF

Posting this gif in the autopsy thread every week until we get a win.

A very bad day, I fill for the kids when our so called leaders don’t show the way, Jy lacks leadership skills Stephenson should never pull on a North jumper again he is so soft.

Out side of Corr it’s hard to blame the backline our mid got hammered.

And yes the umpires were horrible and frustrating but we made life hard on ourselves

There was a whole lot of yuck and grr and throw things at screen from that game…topped off by num nut commentary team who had no idea about classical composers….( one brain cell between them all ). Yes we did some really horrid things which were continually compounded by many baffling adjudications from so called expert. Which made for excruciating viewing. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. The road back to happiness is a long one..but geez it’s bloody hard when as a fan you genuinely have no idea how htb is applied or why certain calls were made….and yes l get why Nick lost his shite….you see something obvious..get nothing …but your side continues to be whacked….yep l give up get frustrated too….it’s hard to watch as there’s no joy ….just a collective boiling of frustration…..brissy next week..I’ll think about that later….

Last edited:
Which you also see many times a game and it's never called against most teams
Carlton had a similar one (throw/incorrect disposal) in their forward the line in the previous quarter.

Of course, it was called play on and led to a shot on goal, but only went through for a behind. Surprised the umpire didn't call it back and award 50 just "because".

* me dead, finally got on a train. Had to walk to North Melbourne.

Some bloke was threatening to jump at Southern Cross.

A very bad day, I fill for the kids when our so called leaders don’t show the way, Jy lacks leadership skills Stephenson should never pull on a North jumper again he is so soft.

Out side of Corr it’s hard to blame the backline our mid got hammered.

And yes the umpires were horrible and frustrating but we made life hard on ourselves
Before the season started, this exact scenario was expected to play out. Most seemed comfortable with it at the time. I knew the reality would be different and the meltdowns would be a sight to behold. Losing sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back