Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of articles about him although they both cover a lot of ground other than his work with the Bulldogs. Seems like someone who likes to keep busy and is involved with cycling and cricket as side hustles

Well credentialed at least and the Bulldogs have had pretty fit sides for the most part of Beveridge’s reign. I do recall the heirachy at West Coast being impressed with the bulldogs (and Melbourne) training standards at Lathlain in the lead up to the 2021 GF

Wish him all the best - probably the most important hire we’ll have this offseason

Couple of articles about him although they both cover a lot of ground other than his work with the Bulldogs. Seems like someone who likes to keep busy and is involved with cycling and cricket as side hustles

Well credentialed at least and the Bulldogs have had pretty fit sides for the most part of Beveridge’s reign. I do recall the heirachy at West Coast being impressed with the bulldogs (and Melbourne) training standards at Lathlain in the lead up to the 2021 GF

Wish him all the best - probably the most important hire we’ll have this offseason
Wow. I remember the days when WCE set the standard here

Remember Cale Morton and other recruits saying our preseason and training standard were the highest and hardest they've done

We really need to get this club back to precovid standard

The wins will come but the arrogance, attitude and setting high standards need to return

Better results within outcomes of his role, or better results as in being part of a team winning a flag?
Better results as in bigfooty has decided that he is no good at his job due to a perceived lack of fitness this year, plus apparently we've also had way more soft tissue injuries that any other club in the last couple of years.

Innes was made physical performance manager at the start of our 2016 flag year where we played 4 finals and were running on top of the ground at the end of the gf (and kept about 5 guys fit enough despite suffering potential season ending injuries leading into the finals), and he was made head of physical performance in 2021, where we also played 4 finals in what was a massively interrupted schedule. He has been great at the Bulldogs, and it's all just cope, because now he is head of high performance at the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Stone is 100% someone we should be reaching out at the Lions, currently Fagan's 2nd in charge

Phenomenal record of success everywhere he has worked:
  • Brisbane Lions - Strategy Coach December 2020 - Present (could win a flag this year)
  • Glenelg Football Club - Head Coach December 2017 - December 2020 - Premiers 2019
  • Fremantle Dockers - 2011 - 2017 (Grand Final in 2013)
    • Stoppage coordinator / training program coordinator November 2011 - November 2017
    • Forward Coach - 2011- 2015
  • Sydney Swans - Stoppage coach 2007 - 2011
  • West Coast Eagles - Opposition and stoppage analyst and midfield assistant 2002 - 2007 - Premiers 2006
The kicker, his wife is from Western Australia.

Also was the broker of my first home loan way back in 2002

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Adam Treloar's injury history since moving to the doggies has to be the litmus test

That's right. I heard that they were particularly impressed with the Bulldogs' training at the time.

Apparently he’s a dud and only got the job cos he’s mates with Langer

/twitter

Nevermind that Innes had 3 seasons or so at WA in the early 2000’s when Langer would have predominantly been on Australian duties so they’d hardly be best mates

And it’s debatable how much involvement Langer would’ve even had in the appointment

Wow. I remember the days when WCE set the standard here

Remember Cale Morton and other recruits saying our preseason and training standard were the highest and hardest they've done

We really need to get this club back to precovid standard

The wins will come but the arrogance, attitude and setting high standards need to return
Can we get back Matt Barber? I think that's was his name.

After the close final v Collingwood at the WACA, the wobbles were in the media: disbelief at how much lean muscle we had added in a year. Called us, words to the effect, monsters.

Can we get back Matt Barber? I think that's was his name.

After the close final v Collingwood at the WACA, the wobbles were in the media: disbelief at how much lean muscle we had added in a year. Called us, words to the effect, monsters.

Thats going to be difficult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back