Europe Backdrop to the war in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Got ya ….

And I agree Putin is bad…

I just hate seeing hypocrisy…

I’m anti war. Anti corrupt governments.

Hypocrisy?

Both-sidesing an issue as though Zelensky is in any way comparable to Putin is simply idiotic. No one is arguing the Zelensky is pure as the driven snow, but he's handled being in charge of a country being invaded remarkably well, and of the two national leaders involved, is far and away the less s**t one.

It's a common method people trying to argue the points you're arguing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putin should've taken the opportunity to invade while Scomo and his assorted clowns were running the show. Having a slightly shonky leader means you can't complain if your entire country gets invaded by an authoritarian dictator right?
Why didn’t Putin invade when Trump was in power? I honestly don’t know. Given Trump would have likely not supported Ukraine the way Biden has, is this a miscalculation by Putin, or Russia didn’t get organised quickly enough? It’s odd.

Putin expected Trump to get a second term, so was waiting for Trump to sow further divide among the NATO nations, possibly pull the US out of NATO as he was talking about in early 2019.

Just one of the many miscalculations Putin made and has continued to make.

Last edited:
Putin expected Trump to get a second term, so was waiting for Trump to sow further divide among the NATO nations, possibly pull the US out of NATO as he was talking about in early 2019.

Just one of the many miscalculations Putin made and has continued to make.
Massive miscalculation if that’s the case. Trump barely got up the first time and with everything he did it was always going to be a coin toss for a second term. I thought he’d get up to, but I wouldn’t have risked what Putin had in front of him.

Massive miscalculation if that’s the case. Trump barely got up the first time and with everything he did it was always going to be a coin toss for a second term. I thought he’d get up to, but I wouldn’t have risked what Putin had in front of him.
But Putin thought it would be easy.

He didn't think he was taking a risk.

So I actually doubt he cared who the President was.

Russias reaction to Chinas roadmap to peace - Russia stated its land grab had to be recognised as the new reality.

It didnt mention NATO, borders, security. It mentioned land.

Because this is and always has been a land grab.
All the while the sanctions remain in place and more will be applied as time goes on it will take many many years for Russia to financially to recover from its illegal invasion of Ukraine and then we are talking about the 10's of billions if not 100's of billions to replace all the military equipment they have lost in this illegal invasion

"Taras Kuzio is a professor of political science at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy and author of “Fascism and Genocide: Russa’s War Against Ukrainians” published by Columbia University Press."

Mod edit: Atlantic Council
Overall, we rate the Atlantic Council Right-Center Biased based on pro-corporate and hawkish military perspectives. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to mostly proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Taras Kuzio is a professor of political science at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy and author of “Fascism and Genocide: Russa’s War Against Ukrainians” published by Columbia University Press."
Good for Taras.
Atlanticcouncil is straight out US propaganda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back