Moved Thread Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh

Who's better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

...but his mongrel is what impresses me the most. Has a heap of stank!
But that's just his Joe Dirt mullet, isn't it?

He's a skilful hard-running goal-kicking mid. Good player.

But if Smith had short back and sides, would anyone think he had "mongrel" ?

But that's just his Joe Dirt mullet, isn't it?

He's a skilful hard-running goal-kicking mid. Good player.

But if Smith had short back and sides, would anyone think he had "mongrel" ?

The mongrel has been on display since day one. The mullet ain't mongrel, it's for comedy.

Both absolute guns...will be top mids for next decade...Walsh is currently better on the outside..just...Smith is better on the inside BUT he seems to kick more goals...if Walsh can add that to his game, he will go to the next level...I would currently take Smith just...he also has a lot more mongrel than Walsh

The thing about this thread and these 2 players, is it started as Carlton and Dogs fans taking pot shots at the other trying to promote their own interest.. but now it’s just an admiration of both young footballers and an acknowledgement that we both have the 2 best young midfielders in the game (f#%k Rowell)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith looks like he can tear a game apart. Walsh will be a nice fantasy player in a couple years.

Both absolute guns...will be top mids for next decade...Walsh is currently better on the outside..just...Smith is better on the inside BUT he seems to kick more goals...if Walsh can add that to his game, he will go to the next level...I would currently take Smith just...he also has a lot more mongrel than Walsh
Smith 3 goals more than Walsh across their first two seasons. 17-14.
Smith does have that inherent bit of nasty doesn’t he.
I believe Walsh’s will develop with age. He’s fearless. Goes every time.
Both couldn’t have started the season better. Amazing talents for what are still kids.

Agree
Both excellent young players with great endurance and skills.
Any club would jump at getting them in

Agree
Both excellent young players with great endurance and skills.
Any club would jump at getting them in

You tell me Smith is from down Geelong way and I'll spew.

Both guns and still young kids Smith impressed me last night...more so than last year.

Rowell...even bigger gun!!! Look forward to him in a Tigers jumper in a couple of years.

I'll see myself out 👍

You tell me Smith is from down Geelong way and I'll spew.

Both guns and still young kids Smith impressed me last night...more so than last year.

Rowell...even bigger gun!!! Look forward to him in a Tigers jumper in a couple of years.

I'll see myself out 👍

no, only knock on Smith is he is an Old Xavs boy pretending to be a hard nose with his hair cut.. if you forgive that he is just an absolute jet of a footballer

This is like when Essendon fans tried to shoehorn Zach Merrett into the Bont vs Cripps debate a few years ago. It was funny then, and ****ing hilarious now looking back :D
I mean I'd take Bont over Merrett easily, but he's a genuine gamebreaker. Not many like him maybe except a Danger, Dusty, Fyfe or Franklin. Cripps is clearly a rung below. You're clearly underrating Merrett though which is funny because I'm confident your mob would offer him $1.5m a year just to go there this year.

As for your comparison...lol. It reminds me when North fans tried to shoehorn LDU into the Brayshaw/Cerra discussion. Was delusional on draft night, still is now 😂

I mean I'd take Bont over Merrett easily, but he's a genuine gamebreaker. Not many like him maybe except a Danger, Dusty, Fyfe or Franklin. Cripps is clearly a rung below. You're clearly underrating Merrett though which is funny because I'm confident your mob would offer him $1.5m a year just to go there this year.

As for your comparison...lol. It reminds me when North fans tried to shoehorn LDU into the Brayshaw/Cerra discussion. Was delusional on draft night, still is now 😂

Yep, I agree that most North and Essendon fans on BF are delusional.

Both very good players.
I’d take Smith over Walsh. Just think he’s more composed, harder over the contested ball and impacts the scoreboard more.

This takes nothing away from the quality of Walsh at all. Blues fans would be thrilled having him in their side.

small club syndrome

Please don't be one of those Blues fans..

I think Smudger has probably a slightly higher ceiling, is more to win games off his own boot, but I also believe Walsh will be the more consistent player, not prone to have the off game or two which Smith had last season.

Horses for courses stuff really though, top end talent of that draft was unreal.
I think we have to be mature as Carlton fans to accept some fans will take Smudger over Walsh without taking it like an insult.

However what i cannot Cop is opinions from clowns like Kane Cornes who said Walsh was the wrong no 1 pick.

Walsh will be our next captain, just has leadership running through his veins.

Back