Balic granted indefinite leave [Traded to Melbourne for pick 66]

Remove this Banner Ad

If I were to play devils advocate - don't we have 10-15 players currently unsigned beyond this season?
Yes , but none of the them went home halfway during pre season or in the middle of the season.

I wouldn't read too much about that, not till the TPP has been finalised.

Lots of contracts are on hold till that is all settled.
New CBA was just signed today. Look for a few dominos falling now.

Maybe not Balic's though. We'll see...

Surely he's gone at the end of year. Whatever it is, he has serious personal issues.

Another one bites the dust. Had great potential too. Hope he gets what he needs and enjoys a decent career elsewhere while always playing stinkers against us (if he leaves).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he's worth enough for us to get back into the second round?

(Assuming he wants to continue his career at home)

I would like us to get something in return for him, maybe a straight swap of Balic for Zac Fisher at Carlton or even Balic plus a second round pick (if we can get one) for Acres at StKilda. We jjust need to make sure we get somethnig in return for him. We may even just use him to go from a third round pick back in to the second round.

Obviously the main thing is that he is in good health but when you look at what Roberton is doing at the Saints now it really makes you wonder.

Except there was no AFL club based in Yalgoo who might have thought he was worth a shot.

Fair point. He's definitely damaged goods at this point though. If he gets picked up it will be as a delisted free agent.

This will be a Roberton delist scenario again.

I hope he finds the support he needs to get back to full health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back