Bangladesh tour of India ( One Test )

Remove this Banner Ad

^The tweet he is talking about

mushi-tweet-2_040116031117.jpg

Then deletes it, 'apologizes' and then claims it was because he supports the Windies. Lol.

He's a knob with an inferiority complex. Couldn't hack choking in the T20 WC match against India last year so tweets about how happy he is after India lost to the Windies.

Also noticed that he didn't clap for any of the Indian tons. Normally wouldn't care for that but given that it is standard opposition behavior it says a lot about him.

Fair enough. Didn't know about that tweet. I've always rated him though.

Absolutely appalled by what Gavaskar and Manjrekar are saying ATM. It's not ok to use up a review if you're the best batsman in the side. That's some of the player-first mentality that has plagued Indian sides in the past. Thank goodness most of the side aren't like that anymore.
India are new to DRS, and when the system was new to every other nation they did the same thing.

For the Windies, DRS used to be for the exclusive use of Gayle and Chanderpaul. :)

A good battle coming up today between Ashwin/ Jadeja and Shakib/Mushfiqur

I remember one instance when Gayle was hit by a full toss on his shoe right in front of middle - the plumbest LBW you could ever see. He asked for the review almost as the umpire was giving him out. Just one more reason to dislike the prick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the hate towards Indian side.

I think there's a few factors.
They have had some pretty polarising players over the last decade or so, Harbhajan, Kohli, Gambhir is a bit of a twat. Maybe no more than other teams, but it is a starting point.
The BCCI add to it with their all powerful standing in the game. Eating three course meals every day while the likes of the West Indies for example have to fight for the metaphorical scraps left over.
The IPL completely revolutionising cricket in many ways, and again as a West Indies fan that has hit me hard given that by extension, the success of the IPL has led to half a dozen of the best players my region has produced in the last 10 years playing f*** all matches for the WI.
The apparent statistical hunger of many of their players.
Their sheer inability to handle the heat of Australia, SA and England despite talking a big game. Again that's not limited to them though.
Lastly the omnipresence of their supporters. You can't have a discussion online with a friend from Bermuda about someone's performance in a Futures League match without an Indian fan jumping in to tell you how inferior said performance is by comparison to some kid in Deccan.

Realistically I think every team, governing body and fan base has those things counting against them to some degree, but the sheer size factor of Indian cricket makes it more blatant I guess.

I think there's a few factors.
They have had some pretty polarising players over the last decade or so, Harbhajan, Kohli, Gambhir is a bit of a twat. Maybe no more than other teams, but it is a starting point.
The BCCI add to it with their all powerful standing in the game. Eating three course meals every day while the likes of the West Indies for example have to fight for the metaphorical scraps left over.
The IPL completely revolutionising cricket in many ways, and again as a West Indies fan that has hit me hard given that by extension, the success of the IPL has led to half a dozen of the best players my region has produced in the last 10 years playing f*** all matches for the WI.
The apparent statistical hunger of many of their players.
Their sheer inability to handle the heat of Australia, SA and England despite talking a big game. Again that's not limited to them though.
Lastly the omnipresence of their supporters. You can't have a discussion online with a friend from Bermuda about someone's performance in a Futures League match without an Indian fan jumping in to tell you how inferior said performance is by comparison to some kid in Deccan.

Realistically I think every team, governing body and fan base has those things counting against them to some degree, but the sheer size factor of Indian cricket makes it more blatant I guess.
1. Harbhajan, Kohli, Gambhir- Seriously ? There are many players in other teams like them. You will get even bigger list if you run through Australia's team. And it's only handful of players like that in the Indian team. If you want to search for negativity, you will get one. You are not looking at other players like Dravid, Sachin, Kumble, VVS, Dhoni. These kind of players are majority in the Indian team. I totally disagree with this.

2. BCCI- Well, I don't have much knowledge about that ( inside politics and stuff), so can't argue.

3. IPL- I am sorry, I didn't quite get your point. You are complaining because ?

4- That is true to some extent, but many players do slow down when nearing the nineties. Infact, nowadays it has reduced in the Indian side. I want to take two big names here. Kohli, has gone for shots so many times in the nineties and he has gone out trying to go for big shots too, and Sachin in most cases, plays with the flow ( like how he plays from 1-90. If he was going for shots, he will go for shots after 90. If he was playing slow, he will play slowly during 90s). And about Sehwag,Dhoni, Dravid they don't give a damn about those things.

5- Inability to handle heat- (Talking about test) In Ganguly era, we weren't that bad overseas. We started playing better cricket outside from his time. In Dhoni's era that has dropped, I accept it. But in our last tour to Australia, we were not at all bad. Yes, we lost the series. But we gave a good fight. Except in England, we were not half bad. Even though results indicate that, we gave a good fight(In LO) We were not that bad in overseas. To name a few big tournaments, We won T20 WC in SA, We won CT in England. We Came to semis in last WC in Australia. Apart from SA, every team has struggled outside their home.

6- Then you should blame some of the Indian fans. Not the team. There are billion people here and you are judging us by those fans who are like how many hundreds, thousands ? That's pity.

1. Harbhajan, Kohli, Gambhir- Seriously ? There are many players in other teams like them. You will get even bigger list if you run through Australia's team. And it's only handful of players like that in the Indian team. If you want to search for negativity, you will get one. You are not looking at other players like Dravid, Sachin, Kumble, VVS, Dhoni. These kind of players are majority in the Indian team. I totally disagree with this.

2. BCCI- Well, I don't have much knowledge about that ( inside politics and stuff), so can't argue.

3. IPL- I am sorry, I didn't quite get your point. You are complaining because ?

4- That is true to some extent, but many players do slow down when nearing the nineties. Infact, nowadays it has reduced in the Indian side. I want to take two big names here. Kohli, has gone for shots so many times in the nineties and he has gone out trying to go for big shots too, and Sachin in most cases, plays with the flow ( like how he plays from 1-90. If he was going for shots, he will go for shots after 90. If he was playing slow, he will play slowly during 90s). And about Sehwag,Dhoni, Dravid they don't give a damn about those things.

5- Inability to handle heat- (Talking about test) In Ganguly era, we weren't that bad overseas. We started playing better cricket outside from his time. In Dhoni's era that has dropped, I accept it. But in our last tour to Australia, we were not at all bad. Yes, we lost the series. But we gave a good fight. Except for England tour, we were not half bas(In ODI) We were not that bad in overseas. To name a few big tournaments, We won T20 WC in SA, We won CT in England. We Came to semis in last WC. Apart from SA, every team has struggled outside their home.

6- Then you should blame some of the Indian fans. Not the team. There are billion people here and you are judging us by those fans who are like how many hundreds, thousands ? That's pity.

I think you need to read my post again.

Re the dick heads - I even used the phrase 'no more than other teams but it's a starting point.'

For what it's worth, you're talking to someone who vastly prefers India to Australia so you don't need to convince me of the dick qualities in the Aussie team.

Regarding the statistical thing, Kohli is fine. He bats the same all the time. Batting on yesterday to get Saha - who so far has been a test failure IMO - a century in the most pressure free conditions possible was a tad annoying. Other nations do it too though.

IPL: what I mean is this. While plenty of people do genuinely live T20 cricket, especially people with no other leaning towards the sport, there is absolutely no doubt that the format has polarised a LOT of traditional fans of the game. Meaningless tournaments, players dodging international duty to play franchise cricket, money being treasured more than international caps...... India didn't invent T20 cricket but the IPL ensured it succeeded. I don't hate T20, but as a Windies fan I lament the fact that the attraction to it has really starved my team of quality players. I can admit I hold a bit of a grudge to the IPl for playing a part in that.

The overseas thing doesn't really get my goat that much, but I do tire of reading comments saying 'wait till you get to India, your frauds will be exposed' when the same thing has happened to countless Indian players over the years. Don't worry, Australian fans are just as stupid and do the same thing. And yes, when Ganguly was in charge they developed into a more than decent away side.

The fans will always affect the way people view a team. As unfair as it is, that's just what happens. It's one of the reasons people hate Collingwood. One of the reasons people hate Hawthorn. Rightly or wrongly people make judgements on things other than what the blokes on the field are doing.

It doesn't always make sense and isn't always fair, but sport rarely does/is.

Just my view on it anyway.

I think you need to read my post again.

Re the dick heads - I even used the phrase 'no more than other teams but it's a starting point.'

For what it's worth, you're talking to someone who vastly prefers India to Australia so you don't need to convince me of the dick qualities in the Aussie team.

Regarding the statistical thing, Kohli is fine. He bats the same all the time. Batting on yesterday to get Saha - who so far has been a test failure IMO - a century in the most pressure free conditions possible was a tad annoying. Other nations do it too though.

IPL: what I mean is this. While plenty of people do genuinely live T20 cricket, especially people with no other leaning towards the sport, there is absolutely no doubt that the format has polarised a LOT of traditional fans of the game. Meaningless tournaments, players dodging international duty to play franchise cricket, money being treasured more than international caps...... India didn't invent T20 cricket but the IPL ensured it succeeded. I don't hate T20, but as a Windies fan I lament the fact that the attraction to it has really starved my team of quality players. I can admit I hold a bit of a grudge to the IPl for playing a part in that.

The overseas thing doesn't really get my goat that much, but I do tire of reading comments saying 'wait till you get to India, your frauds will be exposed' when the same thing has happened to countless Indian players over the years. Don't worry, Australian fans are just as stupid and do the same thing. And yes, when Ganguly was in charge they developed into a more than decent away side.

The fans will always affect the way people view a team. As unfair as it is, that's just what happens. It's one of the reasons people hate Collingwood. One of the reasons people hate Hawthorn. Rightly or wrongly people make judgements on things other than what the blokes on the field are doing.

It doesn't always make sense and isn't always fair, but sport rarely does/is.

Just my view on it anyway.

Well. I respect your views.

IPL- I don't agree with this. You can't blame IPL for that. You have to blame your players. IPL is not forcing anyone to come and play. It's players choice. Just recently KP said he is taking a break from IPL this season. It's completely players choice.
IPL has brought out many talents from an Indian perspective atleast. It's a great opportunity for players to showcase their talents and earn money and improve their game.

And people hate collingwood ? He is one of my favourite player from England.

Well. I respect your views.

IPL- I don't agree with this. You can't blame IPL for that. You have to blame your players. IPL is not forcing anyone to come and play. It's players choice. Just recently KP said he is taking a break from IPL this season. It's completely players choice.
IPL has brought out many talents from an Indian perspective atleast. It's a great opportunity for players to showcase their talents and earn money and improve their game.

And people hate collingwood ? He is one of my favourite player from England.

Haha re. Collingwood.

For what it's worth I don't hate India. I don't like them. I am indifferent to them really. When they play Australia I go for them, against a few other sides I really don't care, against WI and SA in particular I support the opposition.

I'm just trying to explain from a non-Indian fan's perspective why I think they are unpopular with a lot of people.

I can't blame my players when they can earn for a few weeks what they wouldn't earn in 3 years playing for the WI. I guess this part ties back to the BCCI part of the argument as much as the IPL part - if the BCCI, in partnership with the ICC, recognised that the poor nations will die out without assistance. If just a fraction of the overall earnings were pumped back into domestic cricket for the West Indies, there would be no need for the big names to play franchise cricket all year round. They would be able to fit it around their international schedule.

Absolutely you can turn around and say that it is no other nation's responsibility to babysit a rival, but in saying that, only Zimbabwe comes close to the West Indies in terms of financial poverty, lack of infrastructure, and only NZ rivals it for population (less of a factor for them given that it is a relatively rich country).

Basically that's a long winded way of explaining jealousy haha

Haha re. Collingwood.

For what it's worth I don't hate India. I don't like them. I am indifferent to them really. When they play Australia I go for them, against a few other sides I really don't care, against WI and SA in particular I support the opposition.

I'm just trying to explain from a non-Indian fan's perspective why I think they are unpopular with a lot of people.

I can't blame my players when they can earn for a few weeks what they wouldn't earn in 3 years playing for the WI. I guess this part ties back to the BCCI part of the argument as much as the IPL part - if the BCCI, in partnership with the ICC, recognised that the poor nations will die out without assistance. If just a fraction of the overall earnings were pumped back into domestic cricket for the West Indies, there would be no need for the big names to play franchise cricket all year round. They would be able to fit it around their international schedule.

Absolutely you can turn around and say that it is no other nation's responsibility to babysit a rival, but in saying that, only Zimbabwe comes close to the West Indies in terms of financial poverty, lack of infrastructure, and only NZ rivals it for population (less of a factor for them given that it is a relatively rich country).

Basically that's a long winded way of explaining jealousy haha

Bolded part- Ya, I agree. BCCI is very rich and they should help out other poor nations along with ICC. But, sadly everyone wants money and don't want to give them out to others for free if they don't get any profit out of it. Although BCCI made some deal with ACB to provide a stadium for Afghanistan in India, ( Delhi I guess ) which is their home ground now.

And, I don't mind if people hate or dislike India. It's their wish and who am I to question them ? I just wanted to know the reason for that. Anyway, cheers !

Great to see Bangladesh fight back into the contest. 6/322 gives them a chance of 400-500 and a chance of a draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back