• Renegades win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

OK. That sounds convincing enough for the non-out call.

Why did he throw it up? If he thought it was rolling off him he just needed to grab it. The throw to the other fielder looked like he lost track of it after it hit his face and he assumed it had hit the ground?

33.3 Making a catch

Well good call but the third umpire then

Anyone arguing it wasn't a catch can only do so because it doesn't feel like a catch. The rules exist so that we have some kind of legality to what does and doesn't feel like a catch, but in this case the letter of the law would not actually logically disqualify it as a catch. So the law does not actually do what it's meant to do, which means either you rule on what it feels like and try to justify it by law afterwards, or you rule by the letter of the law and ignore that it didn't feel right.

He tried to throw the ball and failed

Looked like a throw to me. What else could it be called?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he throw it up? If he thought it was rolling off him he just needed to grab it. The throw to the other fielder looked like he lost track of it after it hit his face and he assumed it had hit the ground?
Not sure he was thinking anything else other then * my nose hurts.

Anyone arguing it wasn't a catch can only do so because it doesn't feel like a catch. The rules exist so that we have some kind of legality to what does and doesn't feel like a catch, but in this case the letter of the law would not actually logically disqualify it as a catch. So the law does not actually do what it's meant to do, which means either you rule on what it feels like and try to justify it by law afterwards, or you rule by the letter of the law and ignore that it didn't feel right.

Looked like a throw to me. What else could it be called?
There's no way he meant to throw it where it went. It slips out of his hands before he intends to release it.

Not sure he was thinking anything else other then **** my nose hurts.

Yeah it did feel like confusion after the ball hitting him. I don't think it registered with him that he'd technically 'caught it' - which is understandable after copping a ball to the face like that.

I think it might be time to move on from the McCullum/Vettori combo if they actually want to get anywhere.
Agreed. First they took the bash thing too far and now we don't really look like we have any plans at all (with bat or ball). We kind of needed to win that title when we had a chance, because now we've been set back a few years.

Back