BBL BBL Match 37 Perth Scorchers v Hobart Hurricanes at Optus Stadium 1915 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course they needed to take it.

Would've been all over now and would've helped their NRR.
No they didn't "need" to. Suppose they take it after 10, but go hard and lose 3 wickets, it doesn't look so smart then.

They're going along fine as is and will still get good NRR

Of course they needed to take it.

Would've been all over now and would've helped their NRR.
The one that's the second best in the BBL currently?

Net run rate doesn’t seem to matter as much as past seasons with the ability to pick up the bash boost and have teams on all sorts of different points tallies. Plus it already being on of the best NRR in the comp you can see why it wasn’t used. Probably would have used it at the 14th over though when the game was clearly done but how much difference is that really going to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not take it after 12 then?
Of course they should've taken it.
Livingstone basically just confirmed the common sense in the post match. They didn't need to take it and decided to save it incase they lost a few quick wickets or needed it at the end.

Good game management for once!

Hobart need to change the opening partnership badly. Can't win games of T20 when you go at 4 runs an over in the PP because both openers start slow. Have they even won a game since they started opening with Short and McDermott?
Short generally isn't a slow scorer, I think he's just out of form. At his best, he's a destructive opener and probably one of the best the BBL has had. This season he's really struggled though. I dont think the Canes were banking on the international T20 opener to struggle to score.
Reckon he's worth persisting with.

Short generally isn't a slow scorer, I think he's just out of form. At his best, he's a destructive opener and probably one of the best the BBL has had. This season he's really struggled though. I dont think the Canes were banking on the international T20 opener to struggle to score.
Reckon he's worth persisting with.
Yep, McDermott has had a terrific year and Short is badly out of form.
That's a very good opening pair IMO.

Will be interesting to see if the drop McDermott down to 3 when Wade becomes available.

Yep, McDermott has had a terrific year and Short is badly out of form.
That's a very good opening pair IMO.

Will be interesting to see if the drop McDermott down to 3 when Wade becomes available.

Will Wade even be available? Has to quarantine for 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back