BBL Match 49 Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes 1930hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In Australia you're not a 'true' Cricket fan unless you despise T20 hit and giggle Cricket. But they still expect the national team to go well at World Cups.

Same guys who were staggered and ashamed by the ball tampering scandal. You know the thing every single other test playing nation has been sanctioned for in the past.

It's amazing we can easily handle 22 rounds of football held over 23 weeks plus 4 weeks finals held over 5 weeks but we complain about 6 weeks of cricket.

What else are people going to watch for sport at this time of year? I would rather watch Big Bash games than tennis no matter how bad they are.

This year's tournament is 53 days long. Take the fact there's no BBL on Christmas Day, there are two days with no BBL between the home and away season ending and the finals starting, a 3 day gap between the qualifier and the challenger as well as a two day gap between the challenger and the final, I'd say we get 61 games of cricket in good time. Compare that to the 2018-19 season where a 59 game comp took 62 days to complete. That comp dragged on and was too long, this isn't too long in my eyes but I accept many will disagree.

What else are people going to watch for sport at this time of year? I would rather watch Big Bash games than tennis no matter how bad they are.

Tennis has been s**t since the late 90s when they allowed them to build the ridiculous rackets they use now which make serve and volley impossible. Cricket has done a decent job policing bats at least.

And shortening the season fixes this how?

Obviously a shortened season means you end up with fewer games like we had today, which were both just padding the schedule until we get to the inevitable 6ers/Scorchers final.

Obviously a shortened season means you end up with fewer games like we had today, which were both just padding the schedule until we get to the inevitable 6ers/Scorchers final.

If the Netherlands can beat South Africa, Namibia can beat Sr Lanka and Zimbabwe can beat Pakistan, it's conceivable (albeit unlikely) that the Scorchers/Sixers could get rolled in the ''Challenger''.

Last edited:
If the Netherlands can beat South Africa, Namibia can beat Sr Lanka and Zimbabwe can beat Pakistan, it's conceivable (albeit unlikely) that the Scorchers/Sixers could get rolled in the ''Challenger''.

I hope we draw Perth away we have a great record in Perth hahahahaha

Caines are full on rubbish , short doesn’t want to be there , Owen not worth a cracker , top 4 hopelesly inconsistent
Punter stuck with a lemon !

Back