BBL Match 49 Brisbane Heat v Hobart Hurricanes 1930hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This comp really needs to be over. I can’t wait til we shorten the season again. This year we’ve got 2 good teams and a bunch of shithouse ones… we’re just wasting everyone’s time til we get to finals.

I feel like we should be working to a final the weekend after 26 Jan.

This comp really needs to be over. I can’t wait til we shorten the season again. This year we’ve got 2 good teams and a bunch of shithouse ones… we’re just wasting everyone’s time til we get to finals.

The comp exists in part to give Australian players experience so we can compete on the international stage. They can't shorten the season.

The Heat actually have a decent squad, probably the third best in the tournament. The fact they were fighting for the spoon not long ago is because they're, well, the Heat.

They're well and truly ****ed I think when Khawaja, Marnus and Renshaw leave but they currently have honestly probably their strongest ever side. They've finally moved on from Steketee which helps too.

Nah this has been a good season actually. Yes there is two dominant teams but you can raffle the rest. Anyone can win on the day.

Except isn’t that basically every year? Sixers and Scorchers are good, everyone else is borderline incompetent.

As a Renegades supporter I’m all for a shortened season. Fewer games of shitty batting to watch.

As good as that innings was from David.....if you're gonna tell competent batsmen at the other end to not take the single, then its all on you to get the job done.

That last over he struggled to get bat on ball.
Very hard to hit sixes off Johnson.
The damage was done earlier.

As good as that innings was from David.....if you're gonna tell competent batsmen at the other end to not take the single, then its all on you to get the job done.

I was critical of another guy doing this and losing the game earlier in the season but in David’s defence he is a six hitter. He was backing himself to clear the fence.

They lost the game when Owen soaked up 4 deliveries in the power play tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comp exists in part to give Australian players experience so we can compete on the international stage. They can't shorten the season.

They are shortening the season…

Nah this has been a good season actually. Yes there is two dominant teams but you can raffle the rest. Anyone can win on the day.

That just means everyone is equally s**t. I can go down the park tomorrow and watch a raffle, it doesn’t make it a good game.

People simultaneously expect us to make the finals of every T20 World Cup, but also want to reduce the opportunities for our limited over prospects to develop their games, and reduce our opportunities to unearth more talents.

The incessant whinging about the BBL is just painful at this point.

That just means everyone is equally s**t. I can go down the park tomorrow and watch a raffle, it doesn’t make it a good game.
And shortening the season fixes this how?

David wouldn't had to have done that if it wasn't for Owen. 4 swings and misses in the surge and then got out at the worst time possible.

People simultaneously expect us to make the finals of every T20 World Cup, but also want to reduce the opportunities for our limited over prospects to develop their games, and reduce our opportunities to unearth more talents.

The incessant whinging about the BBL is just painful at this point.

Greg Shipperd made basically that exact point. He knows a thing or two about cricket. Instead, it seems many people want the BBL to resemble a carnival instead of a competition.

Last edited:
This has been the best BBL season in years as far as entertainment goes, plenty of good matches. Obviously needs to be shorter again but people moaning about this season are just moaning because slagging off the BBL is the in thing.

We shouldn’t under state the test players returning has given some badly needed momentum to the season. Last year it was running on fumes by the last week. This year it’s pumping.

Greg Shipperd made basically that exact point. He knows a thing or two about cricket. More than those who want the BBL to resemble a carnival instead of a competition.

In Australia you're not a 'true' Cricket fan unless you despise T20 hit and giggle Cricket. But they still expect the national team to go well at World Cups.

It's amazing we can easily handle 22 rounds of football held over 23 weeks plus 4 weeks finals held over 5 weeks but we complain about 6 weeks of cricket.

Not to mention I reckon NBL teams play more NBL games during the BBL period than BBL teams do. I will say I've felt like seasons have somewhat dragged in the past but I wouldn't say that about this season, no covid has to help.

Back