Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the negative s**t said on this board is seriously bewildering.
I think you underestimate the knock on effect his leaving will have on the younger players that look up to Beams and will justify in their own minds that going back to family is ok irrespective of how little service you give.

I think you underestimate the knock on effect his leaving will have on the younger players that look up to Beams and will justify in their own minds that going back to family is ok irrespective of how little service you give.

I think you overestimate your ability to speak to the thought processes of others. Not everyone has a completely narrow football focused, black-and-white, oversimplified perspective of life and its complexities.

You also think too little of our players and the individual reasons and qualities they have brought to bear when buying in to the club.

Watch us completely fold in a trade and let him leave for a pick between 20-25, AFL world knows our club is a push over and will get beams real cheap we overpaid for him when we got him and will let him leave cheap.

Moving aside from the discussion of what a trade would look like for a moment.
What does the team look like next year if he leaves? We’re finally starting to play some good football and I think him leaving slows our progression yet again. There’s too much talent on the list now for it to fall over (I hope) but it looked as though we could jump to the 8-10 win mark. If he leaves it could be another long year.
Pretty sure similar questions were being asked this time last year when Rocky was possibly leaving and I would argue that we have become a better team without him.
Others will lift, it is just the natural progression of the team.
But if we can bring in someone ready made all the better.
Although I am still hoping he sticks around.

Watch us completely fold in a trade and let him leave for a pick between 20-25, AFL world knows our club is a push over and will get beams real cheap we overpaid for him when we got him and will let him leave cheap.
He is under contract so this won't be happening IMO. We will make all the right noises, "We will help him get back home but he's under contract and we would really like him to stay but if we can work something out that works then we'll see, blah, blah."

This is way different to the Schache situation as well.

Sheesh why waste energy on something that hasn’t happened yet and may never happen. Live in the moment is a saying for a reason.
I opened a fortune cookie once which applies to this scenario well. (Read with Chinese accent) Don't let tomorrow's clouds block today's sunlight . Ty Confucius... now back to ur discussion

All any player needs to do is look down the road to Lynch to understand their options... Beams leaving isn't going to be the catalyst for a walk out... a lack of success will be a far bigger factor.

If we as a club haven't started to make contingencies for the loss or inevitable decline in performance of our seniors by now we deserve whatever we get.

I'm going to back our culture and camaraderie that he helped to construct to get us through whatever happens.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is way different to the Schache situation as well.
How so?:huh:

Could we’ve let a contracted Schache go any more cheaply whilst paying massive overs for a contracted Cameron?

I’ve no doubt we’ll practically give a contracted Beams away for next to nothing and to the club of his choice despite paying massive overs for him. That trade netted Collingwood three starting 22 long term prospects in De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood yet four years later we’ll be left holding our balls with some average draft pick.

It’s worked out real well for us.:rolleyes:

How so?:huh:

Could we’ve let a contracted Schache go any more cheaply whilst paying massive overs for a contracted Cameron?

I’ve no doubt we’ll practically give a contracted Beams away for next to nothing and to the club of his choice despite paying massive overs for him. That trade netted Collingwood three starting 22 long term prospects in De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood yet four years later we’ll be left holding our balls with some average draft pick.

It’s worked out real well for us.:rolleyes:

Dylan, I respect your passion even though I disagree with you on this stuff. Last night was a disappointing loss I agree but let’s leave out judgment on beams until trade period?

If the club ‘caves’ and trades him for a 4th round pick I’ll be there complaining with you but let’s leave the negativity alone for a few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I do not see Dayne Beams netting us a top 10 draft pick. More like a pick in the 15 to 20 range.
Gibbs last year:
- Carlton received pick Nos.10, 16, and 73 in this year's draft and the Crows' 2018 second-round pick.
- Adelaide received Gibbs, No.77 and Carlton's 2018 second-round and third-round picks.

Similar age to beams. This is the type of deal I'd hope we would be trying to put together. Ridiculous if we let Melbourne clubs dictate this situation. They can't demand premium while only expecting to give up the bare minimum.

Gibbs last year:
- Carlton received pick Nos.10, 16, and 73 in this year's draft and the Crows' 2018 second-round pick.
- Adelaide received Gibbs, No.77 and Carlton's 2018 second-round and third-round picks.

Similar age to beams. This is the type of deal I'd hope we would be trying to put together. Ridiculous if we let Melbourne clubs dictate this situation. They can't demand premium while only expecting to give up the bare minimum.
Agree, Beams is a full year younger than Gibbs so will be the same age as Gibbs was if traded and still 2 years left on his contract and IMO Beams at his best is a superior player.

Agree, Beams is a full year younger than Gibbs so will be the same age as Gibbs was if traded and still 2 years left on his contract and IMO Beams at his best is a superior player.

Gibbs played every game in the two years before his trade and only missed sustained time once. Beams has only played a whole season twice (maybe - depending on what the finals were), and has missed sustained time a bunch of times. That difference matters, especially when getting to the age Gibbs and Beams are.

Gibbs played every game in the two years before his trade and only missed sustained time once. Beams has only played a whole season twice (maybe - depending on what the finals were), and has missed sustained time a bunch of times. That difference matters, especially when getting to the age Gibbs and Beams are.
Pretty much my line of thinking. And that while Gibbs might not quite have the offensive skills of Beams, he's a much better two way player.

Might be like the Gibbs trade with the Crows having heaps of picks and being desperate or it might be like the Ablett trade where Geelong didn’t have the picks to satisfy a fair trade.

Honestly I do not see Dayne Beams netting us a top 10 draft pick. More like a pick in the 15 to 20 range.
That would be a win for us imo.
As a recruiter I would be asking the questions . Is Beams still hungry enough to get back to his best.
Is it the location at present, away from Melbourne family and friends, or is it simply his desire to play footy has waned to a degree due to circumstances that no matter where he plays his heart may not be 100% in it.
Will he be encumbered with niggles or injuries or simply is he worth the pick considering he may only have 2 years in him.
We all know how good Beams is when he's playing fit and well, but he hasn't played a great season this year which is the bottom line.
He is contracted 1 more year.
Would prefer he stays , but only if his heart is in it otherwise I would take pick 20 and move on quite happily.

Havent watched the last 10 weeks mate. He has been in all Australian form.
That would be a win for us imo.
As a recruiter I would be asking the questions . Is Beams still hungry enough to get back to his best.
Is it the location at present, away from Melbourne family and friends, or is it simply his desire to play footy has waned to a degree due to circumstances that no matter where he plays his heart may not be 100% in it.
Will he be encumbered with niggles or injuries or simply is he worth the pick considering he may only have 2 years in him.
We all know how good Beams is when he's playing fit and well, but he hasn't played a great season this year which is the bottom line.
He is contracted 1 more year.
Would prefer he stays , but only if his heart is in it otherwise I would take pick 20 and move on quite happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back