Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we have the balls to make this move.

I mean does any other team in Victoria have both the cap space and the need for another KPF?
Saints, reckon the Pies would make room, especially if they lose Grundy, even the Hawks

Doubt he wants to live in his brothers shadow and the last time the Aints had twins it was the Waklins and they couldn’t GTFO fast enough

Well all the talk is that he does want to play with his brother.

Plenty of room with one at either end of the ground. Also them means that Marshall has two help at tap outs when required.

Doubt that Ben moves this trade period though.

Plenty of room with one at either end of the ground. Also them means that Marshall has two help at tap outs when required.

Max can alway request a trade ;)

All the interviews I watched/listened to Ben comes as a very smart and determined young man. You can only hear how he loves his teammates, club environment, climate. He did mention he was sometimes homesick but then his family visits him and it helped him to become more independent.

When asked about missing Melbourne footy bubble, he mentioned that it was too much for him during draft and that being on GC is refreshing. He just moved from Evans house to his own rent together with Lukosius and will start commerce studies.

12 first round picks still did not extend their contracts and nobody talks about them. Plenty of them don't play while Lukosius and Ben get plenty of games and develop nicely. Plenty of time to extend contracts.

Personally, I am very confident Ben will extend with Lukosius during the off season. It happened only once in Suns history that draftee did not extend (Caddy) and that was when Suns lived in metal sheds.

I love to watch his competitiveness and team spirit. He developed leaps and bounds since JLT. A couple more preseasons and extra 12-15kg and he should be unstoppable.

Go Ben, you deserve a win! :) (10 losses in a row and counting)

Last edited:
Imagine him and Naughton for the next 10 years holding down FF and CHF - WOW
If Ben was gettable I don't think there would be a doubt we do this years 1st and 2020 1st for Ben and a 2020 2nd.
Guess we will know more at trade time if Ben wants to anywhere

Max can alway request a trade ;)

All the interviews I watched/listened to Ben comes as a very smart and determined young man. You can only hear how he loves his teammates, club environment, climate. He did mention he was sometimes homesick but then his family visits him and it helped him to become more independent.

When asked about missing Melbourne footy bubble, he mentioned that it was too much for him during draft and that being on GC is refreshing. He just moved from Evans house to his own rent together with Lukosius and will start commerce studies.

12 first round picks still did not extend their contracts and nobody talks about them. Plenty of them don't play while Lukosius and Ben get plenty of games and develop nicely. Plenty of time to extend contracts.

Personally, I am very confident Ben will extend with Lukosius during the off season. It happened only once in Suns history that draftee did not extend (Caddy) and that was when Suns lived in metal sheds.

I love to watch his competitiveness and team spirit. He developed leaps and bounds since JLT. A couple more preseasons and extra 12-15kg and he should be unstoppable.

Go Ben, you deserve a win! :) (10 losses in a row and counting)
Its not a matter of if but when,and max won't be leaving,both big saints fans from saints family and leave around the corner from moorabbin,was always going to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He sees himself as a forward so unless Max is going to play back I can’t see it happening

All the talk you say, what from Saints supporters and the Vic media? They said the same about Dave Swallow going to Nth since 2010

Its not a matter of if but when,and max won't be leaving,both big saints fans from saints family and leave around the corner from moorabbin,was always going to happen
Tom Lynch and his entire family are mad Collingwood people, means less than zero

I kind of agree with you a matter of If. Iffy to wait isn't it.

I didn't know tom lynch's brother plays at collingwood
Max. Ruckman on our rookie list. Only 21.

No chance Ben King goes to St.Kilda. St.Kilda have a dire need for some quality midfielders, so they're not giving up 2 x 1st rounders for a tall, as good as Ben King projects to be, as that's what it's going to cost.

Dogs won't go for King. The need ready made players that can fill the gaps, especially defence. Someone that is built, proven they can play and win man on man contests. Not going for another tall lanky kid based on his potential which could easily be a bust. Crying out for help in defence, will target more experienced players

Live in a boring dull Moorabbin no pubs cafes or live on the gold coast hmmm.

Ben will and the club will do whatever they can to get the twins back together. Their old man is part of the furniture at the club. Family is involved heavily in the club and it’s been their dreams to have the boys play together at the Saints.

It won’t be this year. It will be next year when there’s better possibilities of facilitating a trade.

Ben will and the club will do whatever they can to get the twins back together. Their old man is part of the furniture at the club. Family is involved heavily in the club and it’s been their dreams to have the boys play together at the Saints.
Well in that case, the Suns might as well hand him over for a swap of fifth rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back