Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the four year plan include an all but unfathomable losing streak to end the year plus an assistance package from the AFL that even the most optimistic Gold Coast supporter didn't see coming?
Yes. The plan was also originally presented to the AFL in 2018, so it’s given the Commission a full year to work out the assistance package, minus the salary cap concessions.

Yeah. Grab Max as well
I doubt it tbh, Max King is probably outside of a few players the most unobtainable player in the league atm.

Guy is living the dream of all supporters, plays for childhood club, has his favorite players number and will be on good coin in the future.

That's funny, we had a saints supporter come onto our board and say that Ben is leaving this year and said he saw Ben with a contract and he was leaving... Had a look over at the Saints board and they went into meltdown over a meeting he had at the RSEA and a contract for 2020 to 2024? So that didn't happen?

That's funny, we had a saints supporter come onto our board and say that Ben is leaving this year and said he saw Ben with a contract and he was leaving... Had a look over at the Saints board and they went into meltdown over a meeting he had at the RSEA and a contract for 2020 to 2024? So that didn't happen?

I have no idea. Probably just a story.

To me it looks like the Saints are knowing Ben will play another year at GC and that he'll cost a bomb, but are manoeuvring themselves to be the front runner next year in case Ben decides not to sign.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

I'm expecting he'll be traded for a fortune to the Saints at the end of 2020.

Maybe something like pick 3, and a future 1st rounder.

If the AFL is serious about the Gold Coast suns they need to make a stand with their trading. Can't be getting ripped off in trades constantly while getting concession packages that compromise the draft.

The Mum is said to be quite worried that her son is living so far away. It's imperative that he is returned to her watchful eye ASAP.

If the AFL is serious about the Gold Coast suns they need to make a stand with their trading. Can't be getting ripped off in trades constantly while getting concession packages that compromise the draft.

Yup and I don't think a single Saints fan out there would think that's a bad deal.

It will be super interesting if Ben King has a breakout year, the AFL won't want to see GC get screwed over again.

Yup and I don't think a single Saints fan out there would think that's a bad deal.

It will be super interesting if Ben King has a breakout year, the AFL won't want to see GC get screwed over again.
yeah not a bad deal, blokes shown he can play as a key forward at AFL level, that alone should fulfill the asking price. Throw in he's probably able to be a gun key defender too, and you've got yourself a very interesting trade.

Not only will it be a case of the AFL needing the suns to facilitate even trades, but also the fact that all other victorian clubs will be willing to pay say one top 5 pick for him. If saints can come to the table with pick 5 and a future 1st, I'm not sure anyone would be able to pay more than that.

I reckon Max's injuries are probably meaning the Saints are getting even keener on acquiring Ben. No doubt that getting Ben would ease the pain of Max not living up to the hype ever.

yeah not a bad deal, blokes shown he can play as a key forward at AFL level, that alone should fulfill the asking price. Throw in he's probably able to be a gun key defender too, and you've got yourself a very interesting trade.

Not only will it be a case of the AFL needing the suns to facilitate even trades, but also the fact that all other victorian clubs will be willing to pay say one top 5 pick for him. If saints can come to the table with pick 5 and a future 1st, I'm not sure anyone would be able to pay more than that.

I reckon Max's injuries are probably meaning the Saints are getting even keener on acquiring Ben. No doubt that getting Ben would ease the pain of Max not living up to the hype ever.

Yeah for sure.

If we trade Bruce to the Doggies - I expect we'll play much harder for Ben.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the Suns have been getting ripped off with trades. That isn't the issue here, it's just being able to hold onto them. They've got pretty good returns from the majority of their players.

Either way, it's the Suns that need to make a stand not the AFL.

Pick 3 and a future first is ridiculous though unless there was something else substantial coming back. That's more than any player I can think of that has been traded in recent times.

1.jpeg

* the Internet. King with The Bont and Luko with Butters in Adelaide.
We need to sign these 2 up pretty quick. a 1yr extension next week would be nice.

Every melb club would have to have a dip at him.
Richmond seem to have a good line for GC players wanting to move.

We could offer #18 in 2021 and some players out of the back to back VFL side 🤣🤣

But seriously
North would wave a huge fist full of $$$ and a 12 year contract at him

Collingwood , if Grundy is gone at the end of next year might have cap room to be making a serious offer

Carlton seem to know how to “move money” so they might be in the mix

The Hawks still have the knack of landing big names , just look at the big names they’ve landed over the last 10 years

The Saints would have to improve a lot for the brother card to work when could live in the same town and play in a club with strong finals chances for serious coin

The poor guys head will spin with all the options and whispers and the strong clubs will lead the race with culture , fascilities and of course premiership chances

I have no idea. Probably just a story.

To me it looks like the Saints are knowing Ben will play another year at GC and that he'll cost a bomb, but are manoeuvring themselves to be the front runner next year in case Ben decides not to sign.

It's all smoke and mirrors.
That's the saint problem, move yourself up the ladder first, no point thinking too far ahead. You end up neither here or there in trade deal. As a fan I really don't mind Ben move back to Vic, but he will end up like Nathan Buckley always come second, especially to Max. If he help GCS to one final peoples will forever remember his name that help GCS and not Max.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back