Injury Ben McGlynn - To risk or not to risk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn't find anything on it. Just wanted to say how much it sucks that someone who works his arse off to get this far only to be cut down like he was today.
Judging by what I saw on the bench it looks like it may be a bad hammy and may miss the remainder of finals.
All the best and let's hope its not as bad as feared.

Yeah, it sucks for him. You really see how much effort and passion he puts into his game when he is on the field, but it's only when you see him in tears on the bench you realise how much it means to him, to be out there.

Sadly, i think his season is over.

Judging by his reaction he will miss the remainder which is a big blow and feel bad for him. Other than that it was a great day.

I really hope his injury is not as serious as he thinks because not only are we a better team with him in it but after everything McGlynn has done for us over the past few years he deserves the opportunity to play this deep into the finals series with us.

I'm so shattered ive never cried over an injury but I did today I love Ben I hope he's okay.

I am gutted for the little fella (he's probably taller than me) and
I am hoping he can hyper barrier chamber the **** out of it! They usually add a week on a hammy to ensure it's mended but I wouldn't hesitate putting him in for the GF!

Horrible news. Read the report on the AFL site and felt a sinking feeling in my gut. Have the utmost respect for Benny Mac even after he left us and hopefully he gets himself right to go soon enough!

Enjoyed your win except for that part. He looked devastated and what worries me is he would have a good idea as to the extent of it. He also knows clubs just dont muck around when it comes to questions over an injury.

If ever was a time to break the drought against Collingwood it is two weeks time. Pleeeeaseee do it for us all.

3-4 weeks at least according to Horse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heart breaking to see that happen to someone that works his arse off to get every bit of result, For the love god do the media have to show someone crying on the bench?

Over and over and over again.

Honestly I think Horse was being optimistic. From Ben's reaction alone I think he'd know it's season ending.

That tear set me off big time. Seeing him so gutted made me so so sad I know it's just a game and he's just a footballer and has nothing to do with me but I'm shattered for him, to go through preseason then H&A and to get injured in finals after not being injury prone. I know injuries always happen and it could have been much worse but this happened before the 2008 GF too, you've got to feel for Benny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back