Nostradamus Lives Bernie Vince to Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
This is ridiculous David Noble said Bernie was off the table and now afl.com.au is reporting he met with Melbourne officials.

What's the problem with Vince at Adelaide? The rumour they want to move him on has been around for a while.

Just inconsistency mainly. He actually had a pretty good last half of the year and is a former club champion winner so the boy can really play. Just seems to get distracted by the good life and is just a regular country boy really. It's always come easy to Bernie and he needs to work harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without his or his manager's consent or knowledge, Vince was shopped around at the trade table. Bernie was unhappy with this treatment and is now seeking a new club. The Crows have also done this with McKay, Lyons and Wright. Horrible, horrible player management, particularly for guys like Lyons who have shown loyalty to the club and shunned go home offers. In fact he re-signed just last year. With guys like this and Trigg at the helm, destroying what's left of their culture from the inside out, Adelaide will end up in a similar if not worse state to Brisbane with a mass exodus.

Without his or his manager's consent or knowledge, Vince was shopped around at the trade table. Bernie was unhappy with this treatment and is now seeking a new club. The Crows have also done this with McKay, Lyons and Wright. Horrible, horrible player management, particularly for guys like Lyons who have shown loyalty to the club and shunned go home offers. In fact he re-signed just last year. With guys like this and Trigg at the helm, destroying what's left of their culture from the inside out, Adelaide will end up in a similar if not worse state to Brisbane with a mass exodus.

Get your hand off it

The trolls are out in force on this one. Best not to feed.

What part of my post did you disagree with?

Firstly from what we know Vince was never on the trade table.

I'm not too sure Lyons shunned go home offers, I wouldn't have imagined he would have had big offers from Victorian clubs.

It's hardly a mass exodus similar to Brisbane. We're yet to have any crucial young players say they want out. I dare say if players are traded it will be because what we can get in return will benefit us, rather than players demanding they be traded and wanting out

Most surprising thing to come out of this rumoured trade is that he's 28!

Looks about 22/23. Didn't realise he'd been in the system that long.

Whilst I wouldn't normally respond on the principle of not feeding trolls, this is just so ill informed I can't help myself.

Bernie's manager shopped him around not the club. He was only looking at a one year contract extension on OK money. In the interest of his player, he is seeking a longer term deal for better money. Who can blame them. As a result of this, Vince has now become potential trade bait.

What about telling a club champion he was no longer required, despite the fact he oopenly stated he didn't want to go and then shopping him around to find no interest from other clubs, then he goes on to win your best and fairest the following year? How's that for a strong culture builder? Save your trolling for Bay 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back