Opinion Best 22 by end of 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't think so.

Definately possible..as someone pointed out, unless he adds more to this game other than being a good tap ruckman, we may start to look elsewhere and put time into others like Lowden. I think its a make or break year for him. As we all know he's been on the list for quite sometime now without having a great impact (mainly due to obvious reasons).

FB: Stratton - Lake - Gibson
HB: Chaney - Shoenmakers - Burgoyne
C: Suckling - Mitchell - Smith
R: Hale - Sewell - Shiels
HF: Rioli - Franklin - Whitecross
FF: Gunston - Roughead - Bruest

Int: Birchall - Savage - Lewis
Sub: Hill

Hard to see Hodgey getting back to his best...Chaney will become a regular...Bailey to be delisted..
Yeah nah. As for delisting Bailey, thanks to the Nic Nat rule, a 206cm rucking behemoth could definitely work in our favour. I don't want Hale overtaking Buddy to become the Hawthorn player with the most frees against. Going by this year's stats, he's already up there.

Definately possible..as someone pointed out, unless he adds more to this game other than being a good tap ruckman, we may start to look elsewhere and put time into others like Lowden. I think its a make or break year for him. As we all know he's been on the list for quite sometime now without having a great impact (mainly due to obvious reasons).
He had a pretty decent impact last year. I just hope he can finally catch a break from injuries (same with Xavier). Obviously Clarko still considers him to be important to the side, otherwise he would have been delisted this year. Besides, a Bailey + Hale combination allows Roughy to get back to doing what he does best.

Bailey was primed to be the number 1 ruckman before he did his wrist last year. Bringing in him in permanently late in the season was never an option as the team was structured around Hale & Roughie for too long. He has done nothing wrong since the injury and the new rules do nothing but work in his favour. They have always rated him highly and unless he breaks down again he is no chance of being delisted.

Totally agree. I don't get how Richmond can land an Ivan Maric and we have gone through a number of ruckman who are barely good enough to compete at AFL level... Clarko and others keep saying that Bailey has special skills but I for one haven't seen any of them whenever he has played for us...Sick of thinking of our rucks as a weakness..time for us to stop putting up with mediocre performers in the ruck

Totally agree. I don't get how Richmond can land an Ivan Maric and we have gone through a number of ruckman who are barely good enough to compete at AFL level... Clarko and others keep saying that Bailey has special skills but I for one haven't seen any of them whenever he has played for us...Sick of thinking of our rucks as a weakness..time for us to stop putting up with mediocre performers in the ruck
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not as wonderful as that mullet, but just as stupid. I'm sure you were screaming for Hawthorn to chase Ivan this time last year :rolleyes:

Picking a 22 is bloody hard

FB: Stratton Lake Gibson
HB: Burgoyne Shoenmakers Birchall
Mid: Smith Shiels Hill
HF: Rioli Franklin Lewis
FF: Bruest Roughead Gunston
Foll: Bailey Mitchell Sewell
Int: Hodge Suckling WhiteX
Sub: Savage

While Im at it one thing I cant stop thinking is that Punky Bruester is going to develop into an absolute beast of an inside mid. Whenever he went onball during the finals good things happened for the Hawks, he's got strength, size and great decision making, seems to find time when there is none....

I expect our 2013 Premiership team to be:

FB: Gibson - Lake - Guerra
HB: Stratts - Schoey - Birchall
Ce: Shiels - Mitchell - Lewis
HF: Breust - Buddy - Burgoyne
FF: Hodge - Roughie - Gunston

Ru: Hale
RR: Sewell
Ro: Rioli

I/C: Whitecross, Smith, Suckling + Savage

Emerg from: Bailey, Ossie, Ellis, Pops, Simpkin, Cheney, Hill...

Best 22 by the end of 2013

B: Guerra Lake Gibson
HB: Stratton Schoenmakers Birchall
C: Smith Mitchell Lewis
HF: Burgoyne Franklin Rioli
F: Breust Roughead Gunston
R: Hale Hodge Sewell

INT: Suckling Shiels Whitecross Puopolo (Sub)

The last two spots in our best 22 is so hard to pick. With the delayed start to Hodge and Whitecross, someone will their opportunity early on... and which ever player that is, hopefully they take their chance. :)

Not bad, only omissions are injuries. Missed Hill, Simpkin, Bailey

Hawthorn GF Team 2013.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back