Prediction Best 22 for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope that's not the case. If we are to improve, we need to inject some new players into best 22

I also want to see the younger guys given more responsibility, but I am wary of a sudden change in selection policy after seven years.

We absolutely can't go with 3 talls. Forward line looks slow as all hell and they always get in the way of each other. Would play the best two available and rest goldy down forward whilst either daw or brown pinch hits. Wood is athletic enough that he can come in for a small when the time comes.

We absolutely can't go with 3 talls. Forward line looks slow as all hell and they always get in the way of each other. Would play the best two available and rest goldy down forward whilst either daw or brown pinch hits. Wood is athletic enough that he can come in for a small when the time comes.
They will have Petrie, darling, Kennedy, vardy, McGovern, lecras, mitchell so they won't be absolutely blessed with speed either. The days of the ruckman getting a rest up forward are from the 90,s. Won't happen. His opponent will just run off him all day and work Goldy over plus the defensive stuff. I can't see much respite in the forward 50 at all for Goldy. There's no rest in modern day footy.

The tried, tested and found wanting line-up will get the nod.
Yeah but they have runs on the board. Unfortunately they average around 30.00.

How long do credits in the bank last? We're not talking AA's or premiership heroes here.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah but they have runs on the board. Unfortunately they average around 30.00.

How long do credits in the bank last? We're not talking AA's or premiership heroes here.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

They will last at least the first 4-5 rounds of the season. Plenty on there last legs. The club will give them opportunity early. We need to learn who is up to it and who isn't so unfortunately that means blokes that have been on the list for 3-4 plus years will get the nod first. Plenty fighting for careers which mean we will probably play above ourselves and win 8-9 games.

what are people thoughts on the potential of atley and hrovat playing/ scoring well this year. hrovat played well in the first two games in the JLT, but struggled in the third one when it looked like north had their best side out their. Do people think he can be a permanent fixture in the 22 or will be fighting for a spot in the team?
With harvey and dal santo out, has that increased atley's time in the midfield or is he still down the order of players who will go through the midfield? In terms of his role in the team and the ability to find the ball , how effective do people think will atley be this season?

Best 22? Who knows? Too many non-established players wanting to stake a claim. It'll literally change every week. So, after the JLT series, My round 1 team...assuming everyone but Cunnington, Anderson, Ahern, Jacobs and Wood are available:

B: M.Williams, S.Thompson, L.McDonald
HB: S.Wright, R.Tarrant, J.Macmillan
C: S.Atley, A.Swallow, T.Dumont
HF: L.Thomas, B.Brown, S.Higgins
F: K.Turner, J.Waite, N.Hrovat
Foll: T.Goldstein, J.Ziebell, S.Gibson
Int: M.Hibberd, J.Simpkin, R.Clarke, S.Durdin

Don't worry about specific positions, this is the 22 I'd be happy to see. Can't go all "go with youth" and pick Hansen. Can't throw all position open and go with Daw. 5 first time NMFC players....gonna have my work cut out with the first gamers post.

what are people thoughts on the potential of atley and hrovat playing/ scoring well this year. hrovat played well in the first two games in the JLT, but struggled in the third one when it looked like north had their best side out their. Do people think he can be a permanent fixture in the 22 or will be fighting for a spot in the team?
With harvey and dal santo out, has that increased atley's time in the midfield or is he still down the order of players who will go through the midfield? In terms of his role in the team and the ability to find the ball , how effective do people think will atley be this season?

Hrovat. He starts the year in the team. But nothing he showed at the Bulldogs or in the JLT suggests he is a permanent fixture. He's earned a spot but has to perform otherwise there's a heap after his spot.

Atley. Boom or bust. Has played 130+ games as a bit player off half-back and hasn't done enough. Gets his chance now. Has no reason to fail. If he can't make an impact now he has little trade value so his career would hang on another benevolent taker.

More importantly how do you think that useless flake Wells will go?

I think you should start bbqs at Collingwood with $100 notes fwiw

Atley hasnt got the vision, lateral movement or football smarts to be a good midfielder. Runs super fast in a straight line until he either gets tackled or turns it over with his terrible foot skills. Gone backwards. Was actually a better player in his first year or 2 when he linked up off half back. He is not an AFL midfielder but we will try him there. May aswell turn him into a tagger. That would be all he is good for.

Atley hasnt got the vision, lateral movement or football smarts to be a good midfielder. Runs super fast in a straight line until he either gets tackled or turns it over with his terrible foot skills. Gone backwards. Was actually a better player in his first year or 2 when he linked up off half back. He is not an AFL midfielder but we will try him there. May aswell turn him into a tagger. That would be all he is good for.
No. Just no.

Lifeline Helpline - 24/7 Helpline Crisis Support - lifeline.org.au‎
Adwww.lifeline.org.au/Helpline‎
This ad is based on your current search terms.
Visit Google’s Why This Ad page to learn more or opt out.
1800 706 734
Crisis Support. Suicide Prevention.
Call us 24 hours a day · Helping Australians · Find Support and Help · Mental Health Awareness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams Tarrant Wright
McMillan Durdin McDonald
Atley Cunnington Dumont
Thomas Waite Higgins
Hrovat Brown Turner

Goldstein Ziebell Clarke

Preuss Hibberd Mountford Gibson

Emerg VIckers-Willis Daw Thompson

Last edited:
Hard to pick our best 22, which is a pleasant surprise.

Wright - Thompson - McDonald
Macmillan - Taz - Williams
Atley - Dumont - Gibson
Higgins - Waite - Hrovat
Turner - Brown - LT

Goldstein - Cunnington - JZ

INT: EVW - Spitta - Clarke - Maj

I'd like to see LT and Higgins running through the midfield a lot this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back