Remove this Banner Ad

toddy

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Western Magpies
Without taking into account injuries (which amazingly there are no major ones at the moment) what would the best 22 look like.

This is my opinion:

FB: C.Johnson M.Michael J.Adcock

HB: J.Drummond J.Leppitsch N.Lappin

C: J.Akermanis M.Voss T.Notting

HF: J.Brennan J.Brown J.Sherman

FF: D.Merrett D.Bradshaw A.McGrath

R: J.Charman S.Black L.Power

INT: R.Hadley C.Keating R.Copeland A.Corrie

EMG: J.MacDonald J.Patfull C.Scott T.Selwood

ON BALL CHANGES: J.Charman/C.Keating
M.Voss/R.Hadley
S.Black/R.Copeland
L.Power/N.Lappin

NEXT IN LINE: B.Scott, B.Fixter, M.Clark, C.Wood, M.Rischitelli, W.Mills, M.Allan

A very good side... obviously injuries are a certainty but i believe that most areas could be covered reasonably (not quite the same but still do a serviceable job). Say a key tall defender went down Bradshaw could move back and merrett become the single full forward and if really stretched Chris Scott would be used. If the team requires a small defender both Scotts could play as well as Patfull and MacDonald. Selwood, MacDonald, Rischitelli as well as players in team could cover the midfield. Forward line would be harder to cover but Clark would be a nice tall forward option as well as using the likes of Brennan and Notting as tall options with their leaps if necessary.

I would think that Nuxy Corrie would need to take stock too. Rhan Hooper looked to be as fast and as accurate as him last Friday and seems more automatically predisposed to hitting packs without a second thought.

After the draft, I assumed Hooper would play magoos all year, but I'm not so sure now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back