Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

There is an older photo very similar to this of her that I think is better. Is a side on shot from her days playing for Brisbane.

I would seriously snap my hamstring if I tried to kick that high...
It might well be a better photo but it doesn’t mean nearly as much as the recent one. And it’s not just my hamstring - my whole body would snap...

I can see this one being potentially remembered as an iconic image. It’s a photo that should help to define a moment in our cultural history whereby women take ownership of their sporting image, making a stand against objectification and an ingrained possessive male culture.

It is truly athletically graceful.

View attachment 637775

Trolling? It’s not as if male players don’t get trolled for all sorts of reasons

They don’t get trolled simply for being men
It’s as if men somehow feel threatened by the emergence of the Divine Feminine, seeping into ‘their’ sport so they feel the need to belittle Her in some way so as to keep Her in Her place. Of course most of it is occurring on an unconscious level because they aren’t awake enough to have any insight into their own vulnerability... or something...

I’m sure Carl Jung would concur.

I can see this one being potentially remembered as an iconic image. It’s a photo that should help to define a moment in our cultural history whereby women take ownership of their sporting image, making a stand against objectification and an ingrained possessive male culture.

View attachment 637775
It’s a great photo of a wonderful athlete and I hope it has an effect similar to the Nicky Winmar photo from the early 90’s.

It’s as if men somehow feel threatened by the emergence of the Divine Feminine, seeping into ‘their’ sport so they feel the need to belittle Her in some way so as to keep Her in Her place. Of course most of it is occurring on an unconscious level because they aren’t awake enough to have any insight into their own vulnerability... or something...

I’m sure Carl Jung would concur.
i like that football starts earlier. And it isn't AFLX. And there isn't an essendon side to let me down.

View attachment 637775

I'm pretty sure it's been said, but if the AFL has any brains they'll make a black and white version of this and have it as a logo next season for the AFLW. If not for the the photo itself, but the mess surrounding it.

Did I go too far?
not at all. perhaps not far enough :p

I don't get why the anger towards AFLW. Just don't watch it.
i don't like AFLX, so i dont watch. AFL can go nuts with it. I'd like it if Essendon pulled its players the way the Hawks did, but oh well. it seems relatively harmless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure it's been said, but if the AFL has any brains they'll make a black and white version of
this and have it as a logo next season for the AFLW. If not for the the photo itself, but the mess surrounding it.

They've just made it their profile pic, lets see how far they take it.

1553139828478.png

The one of her when playing for Melbourne would look better if all things were equal

Doesn't matter, it's what this image itself represents. As someone else said, if the AFL has any brains they'll use it similar to these (apologies for the awkward:
1553149090418.png
1499473094_nba-primary-logo-small.jpg

Last edited:
Jim Park v Melb PP LH pic Sporting Globe May 28 1936 Capture.JPG
Carlton's Jim Park, Round 6 1938 v Melbourne at Princes Park.
Lt. J. Park, ("Gentleman Jim") played 128 games and was killed in action leading his men at Wau New Guinea Feb 09 1943 aged 32.
Image courtesy Blueseum

Keith Warburton Capture.JPG

Carlton's acrobatic Keith Warburton, 1951 - 1955
Played 74 games and kicked 91 goals. He over came a life threatening ruptured kidney and bowel suffered in Round 17 1952, returned in 1953 and played another 38 games before retiring to captain-coach Tatura in 1956.
Courtesy Blueseum

The story behind this one - Brodie apparently offering condolences for the passing of Joe's grandfather - adds to an already compelling photo.
fb_img_1556191724824-jpg.661960

Remove this Banner Ad

Back