Best sledges you have heard at the footy or any sport for that matter !

Remove this Banner Ad

Douglas Jardine (England) and Bill Woodfull (Australia)

England player Jardine complained that one of the Australian players called him a bastard. Australian captain Bill Woodfull turns to his team, points to Jardine and asked “Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?”
It wasn't Woodfull, it was Victor Richardson. I've heard his grandson tell the tale & Bill O'Rielly, who was in the rooms at the time.

merv hughes and javed miandad

miandad, whilst batting and facing a delivery from hughes, called merv a fat bus conductor.

a few balls later, merv dismissed miandad and when merv ran down the pitch past miandad, he called out 'Tickets please'

another one from merv to viv richards

merv, after being smacked to the boundary for 4, walked up the pitch and stared at viv, who said 'dont you be staring at me, in my culture, we go back up and bowl'. a few balls later, merv got richards out and said to richards 'in my culture, we just say F*** off!'

Heard someone from the crowd say something about a Power Ranger cant remember the exact line but it was hilarious at the time .

We need a 'Delete this' reaction option for posts like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

playing footy against the teachers in year 12, one of my mates standing on the mark while the PE teachers lines up for a goal "Hey Mr X, I had sex with your girlfriend". hilarious, put the guy off the goal, although my mate did get detention...

playing footy against the teachers in year 12, one of my mates standing on the mark while the PE teachers lines up for a goal "Hey Mr X, I had sex with your girlfriend". hilarious, put the guy off the goal, although my mate did get detention...

You were mates with Nick Kyrgios?

I was umpiring a district 2nd grade game in Adelaide about 20 years ago.
The Port Adelaide captain was batting at 11. He was a big guy in his mid 40’s, bowled left arm rubbish of about 3 steps and stood at first slip all day. It would be fair to say he was there to captain a young side.

Anyway, Port Adelaide in plenty of trouble - 9 for not many.
Bowler bowling stump to stump, captain takes a massive stride forward (out near the 5’ mark) and shoulders arms.
Hit on the pad about half way up bang in front of off stump. Massive appeal and the finger goes up......was hitting all 3.

The captain, now proceeding to demonstrate that he can do the splits, looks up at me and says “any further forward and it would be one”. To which I explain.....it’s hit you in front of off and your not playing a shot. He the prolongs the exaggerated stride, and then proceeds to use his bat as some sort of a stake to leverage himself back up when he realised that everyone else was walking off the field.

One of my greatest cricket memories.

Heard someone from the crowd say something about a Power Ranger cant remember the exact line but it was hilarious at the time .
I read this in your avatar's voice, and it all made perfect sense...

I was at SCG for Warne and McGraths last test it was against England . SKW came out to bat only to be sledged by Paul Collingwood at slip to which Warney replied mate you should be ashamed you accepted an MBE for making 7 ( referring to Collingwoods top score in the previous ashes series when the entire team was each given an MBE from the queen ) and he just kept at him .
Another one was when I was playing U18 footy against an indigenous guy now known as Kutcha Edwards a blues singer . Those days ( early 80s) he was a tall skinny talented key forward who went St Kilda for a time he had a huge Afro , anyway this day he took a mark in front of goal and me and my teammates were doing our best to put him off as he’s kicking as you do and my mates let out “ hey mate what’s that thing on your head let me know so I know what to feed it “

Playing an A Grade cricket Semi Final.
We batted first and didn't make many. One of their fielders was at us verbally all day to the point where one of the umpires asked him to stop.
The next day he came out to bat at about 5 or 6 and before he faced a ball our short leg fielder said something like 'The way this bloke was carrying on yesterday he must bat like Bradman!'. At this the batsman turned to the square leg umpire and said 'You told me off for sledging yesterday'. To which the umpire replied 'Yeah, I reckon I'll let them have a couple of overs at you'. This, of course, opened the flood gates and he made a second ball duck.
We still got flogged though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back