Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - We are live tonight 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Last nights show is available on iTunes, Spotify etc or can be viewed on YouTube!

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Richmond redevelopment additional cost, club asking members to chip in.
-Liam Baker & Dustin Martin movements
-Would you do the trade?
-Preview of Melbourne game.

Otherwise you can view it below:

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings and Subscribe on YouTube!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube

iTunes

Spotify
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

Last edited:
Actually mate, it’s the perfect place to discuss the podcast and points raised. I guess the initial start off hub up in Queensland raises the questions of how does it finish up? Nothing wrong at all with your point of view.
no need to apologise mate, perfect place for the discussion!

i think the potential $$ to be made if it becomes possible to attend games will definitely be at the front of their mind.

External noise suggests no crowds until a vaccine is found which Tiger71 mentioned so it may not even happen this year. but if they got wind that crowds might be on the agenda for whatever reason, then i reckon they will try cash in for sure and put that ahead of anything else.

Thanks guys.

West Coast and all the other clubs need to understand for all clubs to gain from potential crowds (and at this point in time that option is a far way off) it is most likely they will need to play designated home games at their secondary stadium. If their exile lasts longer than 4 weeks someone will either be travelling to Brisbane/Gold Coast or Port will be leaving there as they have already played Gold Coast. If a club is made to travel to Queensland to play Port it surely won't be as the travelling sides home game.

The AFL has also said they want Derbies/ Showdowns in the home state. This only allows Port 3 games in Queensland. (Brisbane, West Coast, Fremantle) thus some Melbourne or Sydney side need to travel there or they need to leave. Having the Derbies/Showdowns in the home state is purely from a financial standpoint in the hope there will be crowds to prop up the bottom lines of all those clubs.

The only way around it is if all games are split gates but I cannot see the bigger clubs allowing that to happen.

Actually mate, it’s the perfect place to discuss the podcast and points raised. I guess the initial start off hub up in Queensland raises the questions of how does it finish up? Nothing wrong at all with your point of view.

Especially when no one can predict if/when WA/SA will reopen their borders.
Queensland have said they'll reopen their borders in September and that's best case scenario.

I can't see WA/SA opening their borders before September and with the AFL season finishing in October it's likely there will be no games played at all in WA/SA in 2020.

Just on captain blood 17 "bloodbath" segment, when talking about "stripping things right back" i'll go 1 step further & have big Clubs like us stop handing over $Millions each yr to prop up the dead weights & then we'll really see how "survival of the fittest" looks & then i am not sure many would want that at all. They'd shut up then as Clubs like Sturt & Sth Fremantle (which were mentioned in the Tigercast) would be all these morons have to follow.

Just on captain blood 17 "bloodbath" segment, when talking about "stripping things right back" i'll go 1 step further & have big Clubs like us stop handing over $Millions each yr to prop up the dead weights & then we'll really see how "survival of the fittest" looks & then i am not sure many would want that at all. They'd shut up then as Clubs like Sturt & Sth Fremantle (which were mentioned in the Tigercast) would be all these morons have to follow.

correct. These DH’s should be careful for what they wish for.

Great listen as per usual. Top job lads. My only complaint is to captain blood 17 whilst i 110% agree with your #VICBIAS call as an avid Sturt fan who pulled on the double blue Guernsey i take umbrage at your attack on my club. Otherwise you were spot on mate :)

Great listen as per usual. Top job lads. My only complaint is to captain blood 17 whilst i 110% agree with your #VICBIAS call as an avid Sturt fan who pulled on the double blue Guernsey i take umbrage at your attack on my club. Otherwise you were spot on mate :)

Well you should thank me as i am driving new members for your club.

correct. These DH’s should be careful for what they wish for.
What they don't realise is games v Tigers/Pies/Hawks/Bombers/Blues etc at the 'G are what finances the game & keeps thier minnow Clubs afloat.
Given the amount of Clubs having to borrow $ just to stay afloat atm shows that we'd lose around half the Clubs we have now in a heartbeat.

While i mention it, the great elephant in the room which the media don't seem to have picked up on yet is these borrowing Clubs will need to pay that $ back while trying to compete with the big boys. This will make the gap between us & them even bigger than it is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What they don't realise is games v Tigers/Pies/Hawks/Bombers/Blues etc at the 'G are what finances the game & keeps thier minnow Clubs afloat.
Given the amount of Clubs having to borrow $ just to stay afloat atm shows that we'd lose around half the Clubs we have now in a heartbeat.

While i mention it, the great elephant in the room which the media don't seem to have picked up on yet is these borrowing Clubs will need to pay that $ back while trying to compete with the big boys. This will make the gap between us & them even bigger than it is now.

That’s why i can see the gap widening on a few fronts.

Saxa could sponsor a few Clubs & still not be able to keep up with the amount needed....

I'll take that with a pinch of........ oh, don't bother.

Episode 3 for 2020 is now done and dusted.

Current episode:
S04 EP03 ft Michaels, Captain Blood17 and Tiger71

Tigercast time!!

Round 2 is happening this week and we are pumped for footy!

Huge thanks to Tiger71 and captain blood 17 for coming on!

**episode contains language, if easily offended, don't listen**

Topics covered:
-New "Sponsor" plug
-CB17 launches into a Blood Bath right off the top
-Story time with Tiger71
-Richmond vs Collingwood discussion
-Player analysis
-Ruck debate
-Tiger71 at odds with Michaels and CB17 over Marlion Pickett
-Bit of serious stuff at the end followed by Tiger71 showing how tech savvy he is.

Plus heaps more.

Check out the episode on the below links:

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube
iTunes
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back