Admin Announcement BigFooty turns 20!

Remove this Banner Ad

I first logged on back in about 2004 as Nobby8. Had to change my username after a few years because of a number of certain deranged morons who would try to taunt me with references to the way Neil Clarke passed away.

I remember how I saw the whole site as a revelation of being able to talk about footy with other fanatics in a way you couldn’t do in real life.

Back then it was the desktop computer with the screeching sound of the modem going online that would alert the ex wife from the other side of the house that I was yet again going on BF and wasting time talking footy with random strangers.

It was a complete boys club back then. I can’t recall any female posters. Which is pretty much the same now but there’s quite a few female posters nowdays here who contribute very well to discussions.

On that note, I wonder how many marriages suffered from too much BF use that affected precious moments with the Mrs watching Friends or Desperate Housewives?

Anyway...years later, now I get bored with the same repeated thread subjects that have been posted over and over through the years.

But at the same time I realise there’s many posters who have only been on it a few months or years and don’t know that their amazing idea for a thread has been done 30 times already.

The Richmond board is the only non EFC board I’ve ever really bothered to visit and read. Thanks to my good mate poster IDGAF who I would check on to read his latest manic rants about the Tigers plight. It has always been Comedy Central on bf imo. Especially back in day when the tortuous tiger faithful would vent their spleen over yet another disappointing game or season. The sarcastic wit by many on that board is hilarious and I’m glad they all finally found joy in footy in recent times.

It’s the other non footy boards that make it still an online destination these days. There’s some quality reading a big variety of subjects and I get a lot of value reading some really fantastic insights into things I’m not an expert on.

There’s been so many classic threads over the years..but hands down the funniest, most raucously hilarious thread I think was when the Hamish Wikipedia thread first started.

Twas gold Jerry, gold.

The Robbo tribute threads on the media board are especially close to my heart. Hours of entertainment. But after a few years I grew bored of highlighting the great ones’s (TGO) mumblings.

All in all it’s a great site now that’s moderated pretty well. As petty as some are sometimes. There’s a lot of stuff from imbeciles that still gets through the net.

But that’s footy.

Big Footy.
Brilliant Heardy. I've gotta say, BigFooty is and has been my only foray into any form of social media. It's nursed me through nearly 20 years of international terrorism, global pandemics and missed Richo set shots from fifteen out directly in front. I often wondered what purpose BF would actually serve if the Tiges ever became decent - still keeps me entertained but for a very different reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back