Birds, brunch, crevices......and ambient KISS

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to jump in the Delorian set it for the 1980s and head up to the North of England stopping at a few cafes for brunch

2575.jpg

2574.jpg

2575.jpg

2575.jpg

Swearing parrots separated after telling folk where to go
Five African grey parrots at a Lincolnshire zoo believed to be a bad influence on each other
3157.jpg

The parrots have since been distributed to different areas of the park so they do not “set each other off”.

No one had complained about the parrots, Nichols said, but they were separated for the sake of young visitors and in the hopes that they would pick up natural calls from the other African greys.

“People have come to us but they think it’s highly amusing, we haven’t had one complaint,” he said. “When a parrot tells you to * off, it amuses people very highly. It’s brought a big smile to a really hard year.”

Needed a bit if fresh air to sober up so took an early morning walk around the local reserve.

It was great to see nature reclaiming small sections of civilisation back in our absence. Nests where they would normally be removed, weeds growing through concrete, all the possums were out and making a ruckus, even noticed a lack of squashed snails/worms on footpaths.

The main thing I noticed on the way to the reserve was the lack of litter on the streets. Certain windtraps with no rubbish to collect, smoker hangouts with no ciggiebutts outnumbering the ants.

It was beautiful.

I fear things will be worse when life resumes. What I wouldn't give to be the last human on earth getting to witness the earth reclaiming itself.

I don't know what the planet ever did to deserve something as destructive as humans.

6720.jpg

Bnei Brak, Israel
An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man holds a chicken as part of the Kaparot ritual in Bnei Brak. Observant Jews believe the ritual transfers one’s sins from the past year into the chicken. It is performed before the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish year.

6720.jpg

Bnei Brak, Israel
An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man holds a chicken as part of the Kaparot ritual in Bnei Brak. Observant Jews believe the ritual transfers one’s sins from the past year into the chicken. It is performed before the Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish year.
"Hey Avi, I've been a bad man this year, what do I do?"

"Transfer your sins to a chicken... Or don't sin but whatever"

6720.jpg

Bnei Brak, Israel

Speaking of Chicken-shits & wailing Walls.

1601759979171.png

Have a look at these cheeky ratbags. Bold as brass, plotting and scheming every afternoon this week.

View attachment 977419
We have 2 quiet ones who come for a day spa in the water bath
Then we have upto a few hundred but usually 30 or 40 who come for a screech and peck,like a gang of teenagers
The 2 quiet ones avoid them but they hang out with the scalys

The scalys are quieter and get bullied by the other rainbows ...not the quiet ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2800.jpg

At the shepherd’s festival, which has been taking place since 1651, men and women run barefoot across a field.
The two winners will each receive a sheep.
My buddy down in Queenstown has just bought himself a sheep (as you do). When I asked him yesterday if he had a name for him already, he replied instantly: Barney.

Bird count starts on the 19th

If you're up and about an hour before sunrise this week you may catch a 'shooting star' if you're lucky when the annual Orionids meteor shower peaks this week.

"The best time to see it is [Thursday morning] the 22nd, but you'll see decent meteor rates on the 21st and 23rd,"

The Orionids meteor shower is caused by Earth passing through the dust stream of Halley's comet

To find the Orionids, scan the northern sky and look for the 'Saucepan'.

The three stars in a line that make up the base of the Saucepan are actually the belt of the constellation of Orion.

694aad30395396989d7374dc145e33c8fc0de248

Auction date set for Yarraville pigeon hall as members fly the coop

Today, the club has eight members and can no longer afford the hall's rates and insurance.

Yarraville members will continue to meet at the Western Pigeon Federation in Sunshine.

Proceeds of the Yarraville hall sale will go into a trust for future projects such as buying equipment and advertising to recruit new members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back