Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That could be a false assumption, though. Say what you will about Kennedy, he is one tough mfer and will play through pain like not many others can.

Coops. I was at the ground.
Kennedy was collided with when attempting a kick.
He crashed to the ground and buckled over for at least one minute.
He was assisted off the ground by trainers and looked to be favouring a leg.

I know he's tough, but even the tough can get injured. No false assumption.:)

Yeah, liked the add-on at the end, bit of an explanation on the state of play with injured & the programs in place.

You could see that in Williamson & Macreadie on the weekend.
Both had touch and both played out the game, with Macreadie saving his best for the last quarter.

This is unusual for most long-term injury players to do so. Clearly Russell has let them off the leash at just the right time.

I love Andrew Russell

Here here.

I love that he has undoubtedly had to overcome the classic footy club bravado/stupidity of sacrificing your health for the good of the team. There would’ve been a lot of pressure from coaches and players to get back out on the park ASAP but Russell’s status is high and his personality is formidable so he was able to successfully advocate for a more sensible, sustainable approach. You could tell there was a sense of satisfaction in his voice when he said the strategy is paying off and no doubt he is building trust and all stakeholders probably genuinely appreciate the decisions he has made as the benefits become evident.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coops. I was at the ground.
Kennedy was collided with when attempting a kick.
He crashed to the ground and buckled over for at least one minute.
He was assisted off the ground by trainers and looked to be favouring a leg.

I know he's tough, but even the tough can get injured. No false assumption.:)
The false assumption was the thought that he's maybe not as injured as they thought.

My concern is that as Kennedy is so tough he might be worse than they think, but they can't tell because he'll be hiding it so well.

Re: DC, missed a month of footy and will play this w/end but where (gleaned it was likely to be VFL)?
Not so sure, Russell just says they are available to play football, he isn't on the selection panel.

Cuningham is the missing link in our team atm and can see him take Polson place this week.

When someone like Russel says it's right it probably fills you with confidence.

Surely it's no coincidence that guys that have worn tape forever suddenly stop with the arrival of one bloke.

Or maybe Russell is so incompetent that we ran out of tape and he forgot to order more.... :p

Who do we want?
Cuners!
When do we want him?
Stat!
What do we want him to do once we've got him?
:think: Ummmm, Stats! Rack up lots of effective stats and goals and 1%'s and pressure acts, etc!

Last edited:
In a fortnight I’d like to see this:

Charlie for Levi
Cuningham for Polson
Willo for LOB (needs a run in the twos for now)

That’d actually be our best 22, sans Doc. IMHO of course

Extremely close to it. Only a Russell-enhanced Pickett short.

Wouldn't that be something, injecting a properly fit and committed Pickett (+ Docherty) into this team next season. Wow.

Wouldn't that be something, injecting a properly fit and committed Pickett (+ Docherty) into this team next season. Wow.
Agreed. I just have Pickett on my 'need to see it first' list.

The other bloke is an AA half back, our defensive leader and co captain.

If he comes back 100% and we recruit well again, look out!!

In a fortnight I’d like to see this:

Charlie for Levi
Cuningham for Polson
Willo for LOB (needs a run in the twos for now)

That’d actually be our best 22, sans Doc. IMHO of course

Also think E.Curnow will have Setterfield , Kennedy and Stocker breathing down his neck.
Play well Ed ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a Pickett man.
Understand why some may have lost the faith but I’m just hoping Pickett buys into what’s building at Carlton and gives himself over to Russell to become what he promised to be ...

You could see that in Williamson & Macreadie on the weekend.
Both had touch and both played out the game, with Macreadie saving his best for the last quarter.

This is unusual for most long-term injury players to do so. Clearly Russell has let them off the leash at just the right time.

Sounded like a bit of a clip to the old regime as well...Russell knows this approach is the best and i reckon he would be appalled at the way we handled injured players last year, rushing them back way too early and basically every time a player came back into the team he played poorly...and often got re-injured.

Kreuzer, Kennedy, Marchbank & Murphy to name a few.

Here here.

I love that he has undoubtedly had to overcome the classic footy club bravado/stupidity of sacrificing your health for the good of the team. There would’ve been a lot of pressure from coaches and players to get back out on the park ASAP but Russell’s status is high and his personality is formidable so he was able to successfully advocate for a more sensible, sustainable approach. You could tell there was a sense of satisfaction in his voice when he said the strategy is paying off and no doubt he is building trust and all stakeholders probably genuinely appreciate the decisions he has made as the benefits become evident.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Must admit i wasnt a huge fan last year when Bolts kept saying our players need to endure through injury...enduring is one thing, but i think more often than not we were crossing over the line into stupidity.

Proven by the number of players who played poorly and got re-injured in their first game back from injury.
Just really unprofessional and not up to standard in that area.

In Kreuzer's interview on the clubs website he made a remark how he was pushing to come back earlier and that in previous years he probably would have...but obviously Russell held him back.

this russell bloke.......

Encounter-the-Healer-1200x630-1288x724.jpg

Russell knows this approach is the best and i reckon he would be appalled at the way we handled injured players last year, rushing them back way too early and basically every time a player came back into the team he played poorly...and often got re-injured.
To be fair, the bench was pretty thin last year. Any worse and we would have had to ask for top-ups.

OMG, finally, finally, I now see LeBois mystery is answered on AFL Injury list update....

Tom De Koning Knee 4-6 weeks
Sam Docherty Knee Indefinite
Kym Lebois Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Jarrod Pickett Knee Indefinite

Pretty happy down to only four players properly injured now and know what going on with LeBois.
Surely even Pickett might get back late June or early July so we see out season with healthiest list we had in two decades.

OMG, finally, finally, I now see LeBois mystery is answered on AFL Injury list update....

Tom De Koning Knee 4-6 weeks
Sam Docherty Knee Indefinite
Kym Lebois Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Jarrod Pickett Knee Indefinite

Pretty happy down to only four players properly injured now and know what going on with LeBois.
Surely even Pickett might get back late June or early July so we see out season with healthiest list we had in two decades.

Nearly has to be a record for the last 4-5 years yeah????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back