Prediction Poll added: Who will be our highest rated 2018 Rising Star?

Who will be our highest rated player in the 2018 AFL Rising Star?

• Paddy Dow (Pick #3)

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Lochie O’Brien (Pick #10)

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Tom De Koning (Pick #30)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Angus Schumacher (Pick #70)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry McKay

Votes: 41 28.7%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cameron Polson

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Patrick Kerr

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No edits to OP required after conclusion of trade period.

Last year we brought in Marchbank and Pickett through trades who were eligible, Marchbank got a nomination and Pickett (along with Williamson and Fisher) was stiff not to get a nomination.

Will add a poll once the National Draft concludes.

No edits to OP required after conclusion of trade period.

Last year we brought in Marchbank and Pickett through trades who were eligible, Marchbank got a nomination and Pickett (along with Williamson and Fisher) was stiff not to get a nomination.

Will add a poll once the National Draft concludes.
Draft day / night very excited. Reminder I will alter the OP and add a poll some time after the Draft.

OP updated.

I think the single choice selection Poll is the way to go, but if many say they want the Poll changed to a multiple choice format: ‘Who will get a nomination in 2018?’, then I am happy to do this.

Harry McKay I think is my favourite as the highest rated Carlton player in the 2018 Rising Star.

I think Paddy Dow, Lochie O’Brien and Harrison Macreadie also get nominations in 2018.

* Bump *

Only 24 Votes since Draft night. We can improve on that.

Who does everyone think will be our best rated player in the 2018 Rising Star?

I say McKay.

Perhaps for discussion in this thread ... can we get 5 nominations in 2018 to match the 5 in 2017?

I say we will get close with 4 nominations: McKay, Macreadie, Dow and O'Brien.

* Bump *

Only 24 Votes since Draft night. We can improve on that.

Who does everyone think will be our best rated player in the 2018 Rising Star?

I say McKay.

Perhaps for discussion in this thread ... can we get 5 nominations in 2018 to match the 5 in 2017?

I say we will get close with 4 nominations: McKay, Macreadie, Dow and O'Brien.
That is feasible. I will add Polson as the "Dark Horse", would give Kerr a flukers chance, as was at least on par with
Harry in "the 2's".

The biggest issue with the newer batch is opportunity. Our list goes very, very deep now. Rate of development of
various individuals, along with the arrival of "sunset" for others will be intriguing.

Everyone assuming big Harry will do big things - so far he has shown great ability to be injured- currently nursing turf toe- people should prepare themselves for disappointment 205cm of skinniness he has the body shape of a bloke who might fill out sometime around the age of 26....I'd be parking him in the weights room with a FT personal trainer on an intravenous drip of liquid protein - and get Kerr and this year's pick#30 on the paddock. There is a reason why Levi is still on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went for Harrison Macreadie but is Tom Williamson eligible?

His age is fine but has played 5 too many games passy (15 in total).

To be eligible for the NAB AFL Rising Star, nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January 2018 and have played no more than 10 AFL games.

I put $50 on Clem Smith @ 150:1, a couple of years ago, after viewing him at training. That went well. :$

Who has the best chance for The Blues? I don't know but can see opportunities for both Dow & O'Brien, should they kill it in the pre-season.
McKay is a tough one, given his role. Our midfield will need to fire to give him the opportunities he'll need to make impact.

HARKER reply to bigm386

Fox Sports are going with Paddy Dow as our best (and only) chance:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/1247f5f9ebd3af1dceef412bd5bb00aa

CARLTON

Paddy Dow

Pick 3 in last year’s draft, Dow was an Under 18 All-Australian midfielder last year, with the Bendigo Pioneers product performing at a consistent level in every match and competition he played in 2017. He was especially impressive in the AFL Academy’s game against VFL side the Northern Blues. Dow brings his burst through the midfield, but can also drift forward and kick a few goals, highlighted by his bag of seven for Geelong Grammar in a single game.

Other clubs have 2 or 3 players mentioned, and some are second year players. Weideman (Melbourne) is a third year nominee.

I still say Harry McKay is the Blue most likely.

Macreadie and O’Brien up there for nominations, and perhaps Kerr and Polson too ...

Back