Brendon Fevola Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Club Comes Calling After Fev

105% chance of something happening! =P

But yeah, I'm not too fussed. Would be semi-excited if we got him to be honest, but also just excited for 2012 regardless. Damn I hate the off-season!

It's a huge risk and we'd potentially have a lot to lose ... read markfs' post a page or so back for a snapshot

Reckon 5% chance of a really successful outcome
20% chance of dreadful outcome
80% chance of meh outcome ( ie he plays reserves, keeps his nose reasonably clean, doesn't reach any great heights at all)
Ok Swoop i see where you are coming from....But we write into his contract NO drink..No gambling...No off field rubbish or you Gawwwnnn,and we have covered our ****He knows he has one more chance and that is it....And like i said in my previous post......What do we have to lose?The guy is a freak in front of goal...am i wrong?

Ok Swoop i see where you are coming from....But we write into his contract NO drink..No gambling...No off field rubbish or you Gawwwnnn,and we have covered our ****He knows he has one more chance and that is it....And like i said in my previous post......What do we have to lose?The guy is a freak in front of goal...am i wrong?

You are not able to write any of that inti his contract, it's in breach if the contracting agreement

Best we can hope is he is on bare minimum plus match payments as a rookie, no more and certainly no less.

You are not able to write any of that inti his contract, it's in breach if the contracting agreement

Best we can hope is he is on bare minimum plus match payments as a rookie, no more and certainly no less.
I beg to differ Opti...Damien Barret was only on TWR earlier saying any team that want's him can have a clause saying that exact same thing,And if he does **** up that team has covered its ****

For God's sake people he knows he has only one more chance!I'm asking you this.....would you give him that chance to showcase his abilities one last time?AFL player's are all a big chance aren't they?This guy has proven himself already hasn't he?

I beg to differ Opti...Damien Barret was only on TWR earlier saying any team that want's him can have a clause saying that exact same thing,And if he does **** up that team has covered its ****
And what if he takes some players down with him, or causes players to leave the club? Or messes up so badly it costs us a sponsor? Or worse still messes up during the finals?

You can't pretend that because we can fire him everything will be OK before and after.

For God's sake people he knows he has only one more chance!I'm asking you this.....would you give him that chance to showcase his abilities one last time?AFL player's are all a big chance aren't they?This guy has proven himself already hasn't he?
One more chance? How many chances has he already had? He messed up repeatedly at Carlton and they were thinking of sacking him pretty since he was recruited. He messed up more than once at Brisbane. He's even messed up this year while being in the VFL. He's confessed that he has addiction problems but he still drinks and gambles. Why should a club like us who has everything to lose give Fev another chance?

And what if he takes some players down with him, or causes players to leave the club? Or messes up so badly it costs us a sponsor? Or worse still messes up during the finals?

You can't pretend that because we can fire him everything will be OK before and after.
What's and if's Ed...I don't mean to disrespect you mate,But i think our hate because he was a SCUM player is clouding our judgement..On his day he could tear apart any team.....Just saying:)

One more chance? How many chances has he already had? He messed up repeatedly at Carlton and they were thinking of sacking him pretty since he was recruited. He messed up more than once at Brisbane. He's even messed up this year while being in the VFL. He's confessed that he has addiction problems but he still drinks and gambles. Why should a club like us who has everything to lose give Fev another chance?
How many chance's has Heater had?Did Fev get banned from actually playing games mate?

Brisbane tried

Didn't work, and luckily Fev only fought for one year of pay not two. The aflpa was backing him in for a full payout over unfair dismissal, citing such clauses on behavior as not allowed

What's and if's Ed...I don't mean to disrespect you mate,But i think our hate because he was a SCUM player is clouding our judgement..On his day he could tear apart any team.....Just saying:)
Of course they are whats and ifs, how are we supposed to talk about what Fev could do at Collingwood? As for him playing at Carlton, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Fevola is just about the worst off field player we could have and could turn the club on it's head. The amount of damage he could cause internally isn't worth the risk of him kicking a few extra goals. We don't even need him either.

How many chance's has Heater had?Did Fev get banned from actually playing games mate?
Heath has mucked up twice and has learnt from each. Fevola has mucked up wayyyy too many times and still does the same things over and over. Banned from playing games? You mean like when Brisbane sacked him and he missed all of this year?

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, and I sure as hell don't follow Fevola on twitter, but the HUN last week mentioned a tweet of his in which he said that he reckons he'd look good in a #25 Collingwood jumper.

I gather this is already common knowledge?

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, and I sure as hell don't follow Fevola on twitter, but the HUN last week mentioned a tweet of his in which he said that he reckons he'd look good in a #25 Collingwood jumper.

I gather this is already common knowledge?
Yeah he said that before trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they are whats and ifs, how are we supposed to talk about what Fev could do at Collingwood? As for him playing at Carlton, it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Fevola is just about the worst off field player we could have and could turn the club on it's head. The amount of damage he could cause internally isn't worth the risk of him kicking a few extra goals. We don't even need him either.

Heath has mucked up twice and has learnt from each. Fevola has mucked up wayyyy too many times and still does the same things over and over.
Don't get me wrong Ed,I agree with you,But Fev never took his rubbish to the streets like Heater did....And i will bet my left nut going to BrisVegas wasn't what he wanted he is a Melbourne boy.He took what he could get,Not to mention his Martial problems at the time.I still would love to see him the BLACK and WHITE.....I'm sorry mate but that is my opinion :)

Don't get me wrong Ed,I agree with you,But Fev never took his rubbish to the streets like Heater did....And i will bet my left nut going to BrisVegas wasn't what he wanted he is a Melbourne boy.He took what he could get,Not to mention his Martial problems at the time.I still would love to see him the BLACK and WHITE.....I'm sorry mate but that is my opinion :)
Never took his rubbish to the streets? Brownlow night, urinating in the street, mad mondays and dildos, he got sacked from Brisbane for allegedly sexually assaulting strangers, recently he was throwing up in the pub, gambling addictions...

That's fine if you'd like him at the club but no need to make stuff up/defend him/compare him to players on our list already. If someone like Heath WAS a problem the last thing we'd want to do is add another problem to the list.

Never took his rubbish to the streets? Brownlow night, urinating in the street, mad mondays and dildos, he got sacked from Brisbane for allegedly sexually assaulting strangers, recently he was throwing up in the pub, gambling addictions...

That's fine if you'd like him at the club but no need to make stuff up/defend him/compare him to players on our list already. If someone like Heath WAS a problem the last thing we'd want to do is add another problem to the list.
Is that right Ed?Did Fev lose major sponsor's crashing his car in the street's of Melbourne?Brownlow night?are you kidding.TFS set him up for that,Dildos if Fev didn't have it in his hand it wouldn't be a story.He wasn't charged for sexually assaulting anyone in Brisbane?And what AFL player doesn't have a gambling habit?

If he was picked up as a mature aged rookie and not on the main list, I would be all for it.

I look upon it as like the stockmarket, high risk, high reward, and you need to gamble now and then and not play it safe. If he did stuff up, then just like a stop loss, you cut your losses before too much damage is done.

It's not like Collingwood hasn't had issues with players in the past. Fev knows its his last chance and any misdemeanor would mean the end for him. A mature age rookie listing won't hurt.

Is that right Ed?Did Fev lose major sponsor's crashing his car in the street's of Melbourne?Brownlow night?are you kidding.TFS set him up for that,Dildos if Fev didn't have it in his hand it wouldn't be a story.He wasn't charged for sexually assaulting anyone in Brisbane?And what AFL player doesn't have a gambling habit?
Yes, Brownlow night, the night which officially ended his career at Carlton through sexually assaulting a female journalist. You think TFS is responsible for that? He's a fully grown man who is out of control. It wasn't the first or last time he messed up either. He was almost sacked by Carlton a few times. Wayne Brittain was going to sack him for being a bad influence. Under Pagan he was almost traded then won the Coleman medal so he saved himself. Too many club functions he couldn't control himself and this stuff is still going on. Brisbane sacked him for multiple serious breaches. He plays half a year in the VFL and he finishes it off with throwing up in a bar, all this after telling people he can handle himself now. Nearly every coach he's had has wanted to sack him, you don't think that's a pattern? Even when he was representing Australia in Ireland he got sent home for fighting at a bar.

Anyway, keep your head in the sand and pretend he's a role model. The guy hasn't and won't learn.

I don't think we will get him and I'm not entirely sure how I would go supporting him if he was in black and white but I think the whole media circus should not put us off. It could become a good story and I dont think Fevola will be the same player he was if he got another chance, that is to say I cant see him cracking the sads and having a go at Dane Swan on the field. His personality and star power would not dominate at Collingwood and he would indeed be put back into place. I mean after all that has happened can you really see Fevola coming into Collingwood and telling Beamsy they should go have a few beers at Crown? It won't happen because our leadership group, including guys like Pert and Walsh would never let him enforce his personality on the playing group. He would become a clubman or he wouldn't fit and wouldn't play.
Back the club in, if they decide they want him then they're confident they can control him.
As others have said, it makes sense if Dawes can play the second ruck role. I'd love to see Fev finally become a team player, perhaps it is not possible, but I think Collingwood would give him the best chance to become that.

It has to be us thats interested in him, it couldnt be anyone else. I think he has worked hard after being out of the AFL for a year, he has settled down and is now working on a radio show and played very well for Casey. We are a great club and we could fix him up. I think he is a good bloke overall who has had a lot of problems and was sacked by Brisbane for nothing but salary cap preasure. He was not guilty of that sexual think he was investigated about but Brisbane used it as an excuse to kick him out and relief the salary cap. I hope he is a Pie next year, teams will fear us.

Ask yourself this, if Cloke or Dawes go down next year... who comes in?

Rookie Fev.

When Cloke was suspended in 2010 for two matches.. Mccaffer was the man. Vs St kilda about round 15ish and then 16.. i clearly remember that we didn't miss cloke, the forward work well small.. Caff and i think Dawes although dawes wasn't even that good back then.

Yes, Brownlow night, the night which officially ended his career at Carlton through sexually assaulting a female journalist. You think TFS is responsible for that? He's a fully grown man who is out of control. It wasn't the first or last time he messed up either. He was almost sacked by Carlton a few times. Wayne Brittain was going to sack him for being a bad influence. Under Pagan he was almost traded then won the Coleman medal so he saved himself. Too many club functions he couldn't control himself and this stuff is still going on. Brisbane sacked him for multiple serious breaches. He plays half a year in the VFL and he finishes it off with throwing up in a bar, all this after telling people he can handle himself now. Nearly every coach he's had has wanted to sack him, you don't think that's a pattern? Even when he was representing Australia in Ireland he got sent home for fighting at a bar.

Anyway, keep your head in the sand and pretend he's a role model. The guy hasn't and won't learn.
I don't think I've got my head in the sand at all....The guy can PLAY you don't understand that Ed?Get your miniature violin out and play me a tune:p

When Cloke was suspended in 2010 for two matches.. Mccaffer was the man. Vs St kilda about round 15ish and then 16.. i clearly remember that we didn't miss cloke, the forward work well small.. Caff and i think Dawes although dawes wasn't even that good back then.
Oh please!! McJAFFA ain't no FEV.....Keep telling yourself that:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back