Opinion Brian Cook - Carlton's rebuild still has a fair way to go

Which club is more likely to win another flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With the current respective lists as a starting point, unproven Voss starts his tenure as Carlton coach in 2022, whilst proven Clarkson starts his tenure as Gold Coast coach in 2023.

Who are you backing to win a flag first?

Gold Coast for me. Comfortably. And it helps that Gold Coast's list is already better.
Clarkson stays at Hawthorn, and they contend again before Carlton.
What a futile exercise. It's pure opinion with no way of proving it.
It's like a game of he said, she said with no actual truth.

Hawks won another two flags without Buddy. Cats lost the 2010 prelim and Gary Ablett jnr then win the 2011 flag.
Depends on the side imo. Melbourne and Richmond I don’t think win it without their best players.
Cats also won that 2011 grand final with a new coach and I remember Bolton won 5 out 5 as caretaker coach during 2014.

There is also no way of really knowing because other then maybe West Coast every premiership side I can think of had their best player playing so in other words no coach has won without their best player.

At a coaching course, Parkin stated the priorities of importance, for areas of the footy department

1 The list
2 Fitness/High performance
3 Development
4 Coaches

When questioned as to why that specific order, Parkin stated:

1 List quality takes the longest period to amass and or ensuring timing of rejuvenation and no matter how good the other 3 areas are, they will never achieve success with a substandard/average list

At a coaching course, Parkin stated the priorities of importance, for areas of the footy department

1 The list
2 Fitness/High performance
3 Development
4 Coaches

When questioned as to why that specific order, Parkin stated:

1 List quality takes the longest period to amass and or ensuring timing of rejuvenation and no matter how good the other 3 areas are, they will never achieve success with a substandard/average list
I'm looking forward to you addressing us about the list after every game in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookmarked, less than 8 wins

I guess like others, you aren't willing to place a wager on it
Whats next? Lets talk about why you're the worst team in the last 20 years. 5 wooden spoons and still rubbish. How many more coaches will it take before you are relevant again?

Back