Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they gave a s**t, this should have morphed into one of those situations you see with the indigenous guernseys- wear it on the SDN round, and then again at home 'for the fans'.

Clearly though they aren't willing to fight the fight, and instead look for a backdoor escape clause every time. Motherf***ers.

Because those in charge, by forcing the issue with those above them are sticking their neck out and likely harming their own self interests with the AFL going forward.

Read the f*n room Richo.

Essy way to get a win for the fans and you can shut the happy clappers "but no fans there" brigade by saying our heritage, our history , our right.

We want to he there but if we can't we want strength from our club. Fk eddie.
It’s a question that shouldn’t be asked!

Not only should the question not be asked but the question that came before the question that asked should we ask the question should not be asked !

Any questions?
zePpec.gif

It’s sad that I actually expect the club to decide to not wear the prison bars.
They daren’t!
The only reason they would is if the AFL tell them no!

I expect nothing but weakness from our leadership. They aren't willing to rock the boat or make life difficult for the AFL. How hard is it to argue in the public forum that we should be allowed to wear that ideally whenever we like in home games except if Collingwood come as an alternative home strip. To start off with though we want to wear it for both showdowns each year. Eddie can arc up all he likes, it's not a hard argument to put to the public that Eddie is insulting every football fan by basically claiming they are too stupid to understand a team wearing a completely different guernsey in another state that happens to have the same colours is going to confuse people with Collingwood or infringe on their trade.

If people think Richardson is the answer as our next CEO I think you're optimism should be muted as I think we'll just get a continuance of grovelling to the AFL as to not be seen as a problem in the hope they will throw us some crumbs along the way. It's absurd this argument is still going, if you can't win the public argument to wear it twice a year at home against the Crows which is an easy win then you aren't invested at all in our club or history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on the fact that Matthew Richardson would want to be that man.

:( starting to think I might lose my $$ on this bet.

If the AFL and Eddie are serious about fans, theres no way they can block it being worn this year and next. Honour the occasion, then next year do the raincheck.

Alas, we know they aren't. We need someone with balls to call it out.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

you've probably seen those "Fan in the stand" cardboard cutouts at NRL games, an initiative which apparently the AFL is open to and considering
wouldn't be a bad idea if port took on that and put prison bars guernseys on all of the cardboard cutouts or something like that

you've probably seen those "Fan in the stand" cardboard cutouts at NRL games, an initiative which apparently the AFL is open to and considering
wouldn't be a bad idea if port took on that and put prison bars guernseys on all of the cardboard cutouts or something like that

I would happily lend the club my 150 Guernsey to put on the seat. Not sure about a cardboard cutout and it’s durability in the rain

I would happily lend the club my 150 Guernsey to put on the seat. Not sure about a cardboard cutout and it’s durability in the rain

I can see our club doing this, then it rain, then the black and white wash off the cardboard and reveal red, yellow and blue.

Ports.

We should still have some players start wearing it during every training session, just to keep it visible.

They do this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back