Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is directly critical of those who got us into the AFL, 'nearly 25 years later'.

That might not be what was intended, it was certainly how it reads to me.

My point being that looking back on history through hindsight always gives you 20/20 vision.

But there are reasons why decisions are made at the time they are made. Even poor decisions should be judged within the context they were made.
Nah the Southern Power, planet teal era was a shitshow.

They got it wrong badly and hurt the club.

Just look at the stats in the prison bars presentation to the AFL for proof.

This is not a hindsight post. I said the same then as I'm saying now.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah the Southern Power, planet teal era was a shitshow.

They got it wrong badly and hurt the club.

Just look at the stats in the prison bars presentation to the AFL for proof.

This is not a hindsight post. I said the same then as I'm saying now.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
I know many AGM's myself and several members of my family stood up and confronted John James about the direction he was taking the club in. He didn't enjoy it but I'm glad we did.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I wonder if Collingwood supporters would want their president holding eddies hand anymore? Eddie has blown that club into a million pieces and is still calling the shots.

This week just proved he is still in charge and maybe their supporters might want to demand their club address significant cultural issues at their club rather than worrying about what port adelaide wear in south australia against the crows?

We need to keep making this an issue - hopefully our club has a call to arms this week and for every home game this year. Let Collingwood keep focusing on this issue - the more it shows eddie is in charge and the more likely they keep being broken.

It might be a duty but people have the right to do nothing. If they aren't engaged why force them to pollute the result?
Because they are part of the community. They don’t “pollute” the result.

If I participate in an Aussie election/referendum, I would be polluting it. That’s not the case.

How about we wear them under the current guernsey and then reveal them after we smash Ted and co?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People carrying on like we didn’t have bad losses at Alberton against poor clubs like south west and Sturt in the prison bars before we entered the AFL.

Of course this side deserves to wear them, much harder comp now than beating amateur suburban flops back in the day.

Even Eddie suffers from it, on one hand throwing down the “you’re traitors to the SANFL“ barb and mere seconds later accusing us of trying to kill off the Port Magpies.

If we’re not the same Port from 1990, how can we be traitors, and why would our initial agreement include directions about no Magpie or b&w stripes.

If we are the same Port from 1990, then ‘killing off the Magpies’ was a directive from the AFL as insisted by Collingwood.

The thought process is deranged.
I despise Port Power Est 1996 for what they did in 1990 😡😡😡😡😡😡

I know many AGM's myself and several members of my family stood up and confronted John James about the direction he was taking the club in. He didn't enjoy it but I'm glad we did.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
My nieces and nephews loved the Planet teal pre-game stuff- they got so many autographs and Nick naks, do you mean the colour Teal focus versus Prison bar?. That was a focus from day one in the AFL, Brian Cunningham was crystal clear that was an important part of our identity and it was researched from the NFL- I think a couple of teams in NFL and MLB. In clubs defence, they were not allowed to promote black and white And teal and silver are our colours as well.

The good news when we were up the shizen, was that we saw a more relaxed AFL on combining our marketing with our Magpie history.

I think we got money too, to wear a teal guernsey from M&M’s in early 2000’s. The Footy Classified clips showed Bucky on the Footy Show talking about Teal.

What is the Southern Power thing? I went to my club meetings and AGM’s, I never ever heard of Southern Power? All I have ever heard was that we were the Port Adelaide Football Club and that is what matters to me and my family.

What is the Southern Power thing? I went to my club meetings and AGM’s, I never ever heard of Southern Power? All I have ever heard was that we were the Port Adelaide Football Club and that is what matters to me and my family.

Kevin Foley wanted to be president in 2012 and come in and rebrand us to Southern Power. “Less Port Adelaide, More Power”.

An outsiders opinion if I may

• History is to be celebrated and reflected on
  • Unless playing Collingwood there is no issue?
  • If it’s financial gain that irks Collingwood that’s pretty piss poor considering their financial prosperity

I’m all for port wearing it, we as a family quite often take the kids to SANFL games and I own a bars SANFL guernsey myself

A couple of ideas to “honour” the bars at the game if unable to wear

• Cheersquad should make the banner just one big prison bar layout - no writing just the bars
  • During 60 second countdown of NTUA montage on big screen of only historic moments wearing that jumper
Both these would be shown on national TV gets more exposure

All comes down to Collingwood swinging thier dicks because they can

My nieces and nephews loved the Planet teal pre-game stuff- they got so many autographs and Nick naks, do you mean the colour Teal focus versus Prison bar?. That was a focus from day one in the AFL, Brian Cunningham was crystal clear that was an important part of our identity and it was researched from the NFL- I think a couple of teams in NFL and MLB. In clubs defence, they were not allowed to promote black and white And teal and silver are our colours as well.

The good news when we were up the shizen, was that we saw a more relaxed AFL on combining our marketing with our Magpie history.

I think we got money too, to wear a teal guernsey from M&M’s in early 2000’s. The Footy Classified clips showed Bucky on the Footy Show talking about Teal.

Try having a chat with Hitaaf during that time and you may have a different view. The trance the club was in was scary. Their beliefs were threatening the club's history and its name by gradualisation. Yet they were perplexed as to why we were losing our supporters and they believed our survival would happen by Port Adelaide changing from being Port Adelaide.

The club didn’t declare everything. The name of the club was raised.

The afl was pushing for a completely different identity as a means to survive and many at our club became believers of the cause. It was also an AFL attempt to solve the issue of having another club of supporters with a love for black and white.

The club had let the voices from the outside convince it to exist differently. The marketers and the AFL. Neither were Port Adelaide.

Try having a chat with Hitaaf during that time and you may have a different view. The trance the club was in was scary. Their beliefs were threatening the club's history and its name by gradualisation. Yet they were perplexed as to why we were losing our supporters and they believed our survival would happen by Port Adelaide changing from being Port Adelaide.

The club didn’t declare everything. The name of the club was raised.

The afl was pushing for a completely different identity as a means to survive and many at our club became believers of the cause. It was also an AFL attempt to solve the issue of having another club of supporters with a love for black and white.

The club had let the voices from the outside convince it to exist differently. The marketers and the AFL. Neither were Port Adelaide.
maybe it was the shizen stadium that was built for the house of SANFL cows...........PS that is absolute b/s that the name of the club was raised. Absolute b/s, show some facts on that one please. That’s pure Rucci and talkback radio garbology

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back