Brisbane being strong is good for the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

More eyes on screens in NSW and QLD which is what AFL HQ want.
To think fans of our sport accept the clubs in NSW and QLD getting leg ups under the guise of growing the game - ask fans of other sports what they think of that, and you'll probably find they find it laughable.

North in its current iteration or wherever the AFL decide to move them to?
Don’t think North will be going anywhere.
I think they’ll come good.

Brisbane have, I think had more support across the board with picks, concessions and appointed administrator’s etc than North.
It was 2012-15 but it resulted in a really stacked team and Football Dept which played alotve finals.

The AFL have done alot to help Bris, perhaps they do want one of the QLD teams to be in finals.
With Bris on the decline and GC about to get more young talent thru the door and looking likely to rise I guess we’ll see if there’s any effect without Bris in the finals for the next few years.

Don’t think North will be going anywhere.
I think they’ll come good.

Brisbane have, I think had more support across the board with picks, concessions and appointed administrator’s etc than North.
It was 2012-15 but it resulted in a really stacked team and Football Dept which played alotve finals.

The AFL have done alot to help Bris, perhaps they do want one of the QLD teams to be in finals.
With Bris on the decline and GC about to get more young talent thru the door and looking likely to rise I guess we’ll see if there’s any effect without Bris in the finals for the next few years.

The biggest support the AFL provided (apart from financial) is when they essentially put/helped put Greg Swann, David Noble and Chris Fagan in place. There's many factors, but those three coming in is probably the biggest. North have had assistance from the AFL in bringing in Clarkson, but not the other roles.

In terms of picks and concessions, since the rule change we've been given one priority pick (after the first round) so North have received more than we did from that POV.

The academy has been the main form of concessions we've had recruitment wise, though our academy has only generated the one top 20 pick (Eric Hipwood) as our recent high picks were father/sons.

The biggest support the AFL provided (apart from financial) is when they essentially put/helped put Greg Swann, David Noble and Chris Fagan in place. There's many factors, but those three coming in is probably the biggest. North have had assistance from the AFL in bringing in Clarkson, but not the other roles.
This is exactly what turned Brisbane around.
Strong off field leadership.
North need more of this, not more draft picks and financial handouts that have encouraged them to let the AFL be a crutch for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back