List Mgmt. Bumper free agency crop looming in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia was the big fish BUT what you are missing is that he came 2 years later than what we had planned for, We had the war chest 2 years before that it was mentioned on the Tiger podcast that we were looking to bring a 'Big fish' into the team

What im trying to say is that by not getting player in and waiting for 2 years we would have used these funds to pay existing players up front

The 20 players that i have on min salary wont be due for increases for a few years as they are all just new draftee's and will be 2-3-5 years before they are expecting bigger dollars and some wont ever make it and some will leave.

Fact is that i believe that we have room for a player like Lynch to enter the team, Worst case scenario is that we lose a player / Players like
Miles / Lloyd / Houli / Grigg a year or 2 earlier

Lets also remember that Rance,Riewoldt,Cotchin will be scaled back by 20-25% in their next contracts and wouldnt even suprise me to see 1 of them leave in 2-3 years
would be lunacy to attempt to fit in 2 x >1m players onto the TPP. the resigning of rance and cotch for 3y extensions wont come cheap and an emerging group lead by rioli and graham will command significantly more than what they're on now. the only exception to this would be if one of our top 5 paid players exited our club abruptly leaving a vacuum in the cap

would be lunacy to attempt to fit in 2 x >1m players onto the TPP. the resigning of rance and cotch for 3y extensions wont come cheap and an emerging group lead by rioli and graham will command significantly more than what they're on now. the only exception to this would be if one of our top 5 paid players exited our club abruptly leaving a vacuum in the cap
If we delist Griffiths and Conca goes back West that will help the bank balance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any club could offer Lynch 2 mil p/yr & the AFL suns will match it.
i dont think they'll offer 2m then again i didnt think a Melb based club would offer dusty 1.5. if clubs were prepared to offer dusty and josh kelly that kinda money, then expect something similar for a talented FF that marks everything, way beyond what we have left in TPP

Need to re-sign Grimes and Grigg. Both very important. Houli - yeah, great GF, good clubman - but I would be wary of paying overs for him.
Grigg im not so worried about as i dont think there would be that much interest due to his age and i dont believe he has any interest in moving at this stage of his career (unless his bum chum Lids convinces him to come to sydney)

Grimes is the only player we may lose and im thinking it would be 50/50 at this stage - Hawks

Couldn’t see a rival offering grimesy huge overs , defensive Backs don’t typically attract huge salaries
If he has another good year i can see a team offering him $700k for 3 years, He would be a good get for a team that needs defensive structure and a wise head.

Collingwood,Hawks would be the teams that he would suit and lets not forget #lolnorf - They offer everybody $1 million dollars
upload_2018-1-3_18-13-37.jpeg

If he has another good year i can see a team offering him $700k for 3 years, He would be a good get for a team that needs defensive structure and a wise head.

Collingwood,Hawks would be the teams that he would suit and lets not forget #lolnorf - They offer everybody $1 million dollars
View attachment 448779
700k a year , no wAy. I couldn’t think of a defender outside of rance and now lever on that kinda dough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back