Roast Cardinal George Pell retains honorary role at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this belief that the ABC are supposedly anti-catholicism purely because they've investigated sexual abuse cases far more in-depth than your household channels 7 and 9.

Andrew Bolt went as far as saying that they're anti-christian altogether and didn't fall far short of advocating for Pell.

Bolt is the perfect symbol of what's wrong with the world. No time for Pell or the company he works for either.

The funniest thing I find about guys like Andrew Bolt is that they are far right Christians. Yet the very man they worship as the head of their religion, Christ himself, was probably the most left wing person to ever exist on this earth. Lol.

its funny to hear the right (and far right) try and rationalize this

delusional

The Catholic Church is an abhorrent and dangerous organisation and I'd prefer we had literally zero connection to it.

I feel the same way about the ALP but I recognise there is a historical connection, and there are many fine people who are members of the ALP and my football club.

If I can share my story from being on a jury. I had an alleged mollestation case some years ago and was accepted on the jury. I had no kids at the time but still made a presumption of guilt due to the nature of the crime and my belief in the innocence of those that can't defend for themselves.
After 3 days listening to evidence it was apparent the case was a stitch up and the judge actually instructed us to find the guy not guilty. We didn't need this instruction as it was clear there was no evidence and the malicious Ex was lying under oath. As the guy was cleared he was in tears with his family knowing he had done nothing wrong - but with enough sh!t being thrown - some was bound to stick.
My point - just because Pell has been accused and it's gone to court doesn't make him guilty. If he is - he will pay the price . Either in this world or the next ifyou believe in that. But maybe let the system take its course before possibly ruining an innocent persons life.

If I can share my story from being on a jury. I had an alleged mollestation case some years ago and was accepted on the jury. I had no kids at the time but still made a presumption of guilt due to the nature of the crime and my belief in the innocence of those that can't defend for themselves.
After 3 days listening to evidence it was apparent the case was a stitch up and the judge actually instructed us to find the guy not guilty. We didn't need this instruction as it was clear there was no evidence and the malicious Ex was lying under oath. As the guy was cleared he was in tears with his family knowing he had done nothing wrong - but with enough sh!t being thrown - some was bound to stick.
My point - just because Pell has been accused and it's gone to court doesn't make him guilty. If he is - he will pay the price . Either in this world or the next ifyou believe in that. But maybe let the system take its course before possibly ruining an innocent persons life.
Who said he was guilty of the crime? I said he was guilty of not doing more to stop others in the past. That is bad enough. He is still innocent of these allegations until proven guilty. We all know that. Its just that his organisation has such a poor track record when it comes to these things, it's hard to not think there may be fire when there is smoke. I suggested earlier in the thread to watch the movie called Spotlight. After seeing that, you'll see the enormity of the situation.

So
Who said he was guilty of the crime? I said he was guilty of not doing more to stop others in the past. That is bad enough. He is still innocent of these allegations until proven guilty. We all know that. Its just that his organisation has such a poor track record when it comes to these things, it's hard to not think there may be fire when there is smoke. I suggested earlier in the thread to watch the movie called Spotlight. After seeing that, you'll see the enormity of the situation.
so if the organization you work for had a poor reputation should you be considered as bad as their history suggests? As I said - if he is guilty of turning a blind eye to those that clearly did commit these crimes then he should pay the price. Buts its a very serious matter to pre judge based on media reports which we all know are half arsed in the pursuit of a headline. I don't underestimate the enormity of the situation but I do believe in letting the system take its course.

So

so if the organization you work for had a poor reputation should you be considered as bad as their history suggests? As I said - if he is guilty of turning a blind eye to those that clearly did commit these crimes then he should pay the price. Buts its a very serious matter to pre judge based on media reports which we all know are half arsed in the pursuit of a headline. I don't underestimate the enormity of the situation but I do believe in letting the system take its course.
The difference is he is not just someone who works for an organisation. He is part of the hierarchy. So if you are part of the hierarchy, you carry the can for the poor reputation. I would have thought that that was obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So

Yes...

The difference is he is not just someone who works for an organisation. He is part of the hierarchy. So if you are part of the hierarchy, you carry the can for the poor reputation. I would have thought that that was obvious.

Agree. Very obvious to me. Should never have come to this...his personal guilt or not is irrelevant...he should have been stripped of this role last year on either of 2 occasions...when the 500 pot was (& had to be) announced or when he said he was too crook to come back to the RC. As effective CEO of the organisation, he can be judged as a professional failure.

Agree. Very obvious to me. Should never have come to this...his personal guilt or not is irrelevant...he should have been stripped of this role last year on either of 2 occasions...when the 500 pot was (& had to be) announced or when he said he was too crook to come back to the RC. As effective CEO of the organisation, he can be judged as a professional failure.

Gale, pell or both?

Homosexuals are the greatest group containing/concealing paedophiles. So does this make all homosexuals paedophiles?
it's about time people started answering the OP rather than attacking Catholicism.

http://rense.com/general24/reportpedophilia.htm

I could also introduce some atrocities here showing acts from men who hide under the Islamic umbrella, again is this Islam at fault or the devious men?

Mods I think this thread has run its course.

Homosexuals are the greatest group containing/concealing paedophiles. So does this make all homosexuals paedophiles?
it's about time people started answering the OP rather than attacking Catholicism.

http://rense.com/general24/reportpedophilia.htm

I could also introduce some atrocities here showing acts from men who hide under the Islamic umbrella, again is this Islam at fault or the devious men?

Mods I think this thread has run its course.

Except we aren't talking about individual catholics we are talking about the organisation that is the Catholic Church. That's a huge difference. It's the difference between Essendon supporters and the the Essendon FC being responsible for the doping scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back