Review Cats defeat Blues by 68 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing is the eagles don’t play 4 good quarters and that’s why we will get them if it comes to that. They have only won something like 42 quarters, to our 56+ or something- WC are fair way down on there ratio of winning quarters compared to last year. Read it somewhere today.

Be really interesting if the hawks can cause a miracle over in Perth they are that kind of side as well

Good reward for supporters sitting like shags in the rain.
On the siren our Miss throws off two raincoats and a top coat to reveal her indigenous jumper
in an effort to be worthy for the promotional ball. Was pretty happy when Tim recognised her.
So all up a win for a cold family day, with the exception of the $10 hot dog.

Can I ask what he said - on my drive home I heard krock reference it, but they didn't go into any details

Cheers,
He was asked about Stanley finding some form and possibly cementing a spot in the 22.

Basically said not sure, horses for courses, stanley was good but we have to pick the team that best suits the opposition.

Made to sound worse cos they just showed highlights of Stanley hand feeding Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soft kill to end the season, Carlton were lamentable, David Teague has his work cut out for him.

Like last year we get a soft kill at home leading into finals, unlike last year we've earned a double chance and played some strong opposition away from home only last week.

Much like last year Quinton Narkle has made a big impression in only a handful of games, his ability to stick with a play through a mixture of composure and agility makes him slippery in traffic, and he doesn't shirk the contested situation.
He presumably goes into his first final in great form and full of confidence.

I liked Ratugolea's game; he had a stinker last week in allowing Harris to dominate him, this week he provided valuable structure just by splitting contests in the air and allowing our cleverer or better positioned crummers to benefit from the aerial stalemate.
A solid bits n' pieces game from Esava, his give-off to Ablett for goal was exquisite.

There are mixed emotions around here about Joel Selwood's decline, but I for one am content with his current role and output. If Joel Selwood is in your bottom handful of players you've got a pretty good team. I still think he has plenty to offer and I'll back him to have a positive impact for us during the upcoming finals series (despite having unpleasant memories of his ill-disciplined display in last year's Elimination Final).

Gary Ablett's forward pressure has really stood out to me over the past few weeks, but then his chasing and tackling has been solid all year give or take a couple of reports. He got better and better as today's game went on; he could do absolutely anything in coming weeks.

Peak Danger is still better than any other mid in the comp.

Give me PFD over Cripps, Martin, Bont, Fyfe, etc any day of the week.

Dangerfield was wicked today, no doubt. One of his best games for the year, and he's had plenty of very good 'uns.
I was going to put up a bit of Devil's Advocate argument for both Fyfe and Bontempelli, but really none of his contemporaries have the burst of speed Dangerfield has.
He will obviously have a huge say in our club's fortunes in the upcoming finals series,

Anyone else notice TK's reaction after he burnt teammates i think in the last quarter, was almost like a teammates had said something to him and he was like "whatever w***er", he seemed flat all night, last match as a cat at KP perhaps.

Anyone else notice TK's reaction after he burnt teammates i think in the last quarter, was almost like a teammates had said something to him and he was like "whatever w***er", he seemed flat all night, last match as a cat at KP perhaps.

Nah I didn't get that impression, personally - I thought Kelly was just a bit dirty on himself for missing a couple of shots on goal after he got on the end of some good work from teammates - had options too, as you said. I just think he reckoned he should have converted those shots once he'd taken the responsibility.

I thought he was red-hot early on when we first took control of the match; clean, made really good position time and again, and used the ball carefully-but-quickly. If it was his last match at Geelong as a Cat it was a good one, missed scoring opportunities aside.

Nah I didn't get that impression, personally - I thought Kelly was just a bit dirty on himself for missing a couple of shots on goal after he got on the end of some good work from teammates - had options too, as you said. I just think he reckoned he should have converted those shots once he'd taken the responsibility.

I thought he was red-hot early on when we first took control of the match; clean, made really good position time and again, and used the ball carefully-but-quickly. If it was his last match at Geelong as a Cat it was a good one, missed scoring opportunities aside.

Fair enough, was just a strange reaction from him but as you say he may have just been dirty on himself.

how do you reckon he'll go in a) this years finals series, and b) the Brownlow count, Grimoz ?- just to put you on the spot ;)

I think he will poll well early in the Brownlow but has dropped off (as has the entire side) in the second half of the year, i think a top 10 finish is a chance but Danger will beat him. As for finals im not really sure, if teams put a tagger on him he seems to go to water so i reckon he might struggle.

I think he will poll well early in the Brownlow but has dropped off (as has the entire side) in the second half of the year, i think a top 10 finish is a chance but Danger will beat him. As for finals im not really sure, if teams put a tagger on him he seems to go to water so i reckon he might struggle.

And if you were an opposition coach you'd probably be more likely to back your tagger to remove Kelly from the equation rather than ask 'em to take on Dangerfield - so he can expect some attention for sure.
If I can allow myself to dream for a moment, I'd love to see Narkle replicate his recent form in a final or two, in-form he just looks to be the exact type of supporting midfielder we have been crying out for (and that Menegola wasn't). Big ask for the kid to produce that kind of effort come September in his 10th game though.

And if you were an opposition coach you'd probably be more likely to back your tagger to remove Kelly from the equation rather than ask 'em to take on Dangerfield - so he can expect some attention for sure.
If I can allow myself to dream for a moment, I'd love to see Narkle replicate his recent form in a final or two, in-form he just looks to be the exact type of supporting midfielder we have been crying out for (and that Menegola wasn't). Big ask for the kid to produce that kind of effort come September in his 10th game though.

If Narkle produces anything like he did tonight in the finals we will win more than we lose, losing Menegola to injury in the season may be a blessing in disguise as long as Scott resists the urge to bring him back in.

He was asked about Stanley finding some form and possibly cementing a spot in the 22.

Basically said not sure, horses for courses, stanley was good but we have to pick the team that best suits the opposition.

Made to sound worse cos they just showed highlights of Stanley hand feeding Danger.
Playing it down but Rhys has a rematch with Grundy on the cards now

If Narkle produces anything like he did tonight in the finals we will win more than we lose, losing Menegola to injury in the season may be a blessing in disguise as long as Scott resists the urge to bring him back in.
I'm thinking that as Menegola was dropped from the seniors & Tuohy was seen as a better option playing a similar forward flank told, Menegola was seen as close to BOG in last weeks VFL & then didn't make it past the emergencies, maybe he's been made to work for a recall & not just going to be an auto selection now he's fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back