Injury CEY does his ACL :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours that he could have been traded last year and got a multiple year deal and a payrise, but wanted to fight for his spot in the Adelaide 22, he wanted to play alongside his indigenous mates. Could be a career ending decision. :(

Looking beyond the immediate personal impact on CEY, this opens up another slot for a rookie upgrade. The club could place him on the LTI list, giving them 2 vacancies for rookie upgrades. I'd say there's a good chance that both Beech and Greenwood will be upgraded at some stage this season.

So Etihad claims another, such a pity for him especially considering the power of work he done in the off season, very strange considering the very conservative approach the club takes that they actually let him back on even if he was bluffing them that the pain wasn't that bad.

I didn't think much of it on Friday but alarm bells actually rang for me yesterday as someone who has personally had a history of knee injuries including a damaged ACL when I randomly saw a picture on Instagram of the strapping that was being done on the bench and when I got around to watch the replay last night I thought the way he was moving he'd at least done a MCL and the club was keeping quiet about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. You don't hang on to players because you might get a season ending injury. Others will now have to put their hand up.

You do hang onto players when your depth is a question and one of the people you are relying on (B Crouch) isn't exactly known for his durability.

This is got to be the end for CEY. What a cruel way to end your AFL career.

This doesn't bode well for the Crows. Our midfield is already paper thin and now we just lost our best depth player.

So where are all those morons who thought it was a great idea to trade away Lyons? Giving Thompson money that should of gone to JL is absolutely diabolical list management which has now been exacerbated by CEY's injury.

Last edited:
So Etihad claims another, such a pity for him especially considering the power of work he done in the off season, very strange considering the very conservative approach the club takes that they actually let him back on even if he was bluffing them that the pain wasn't that bad.

new pre-game entertainment?

Tough luck for the kid, hope it's Larsable, which seems to have fallen off the radar. But given he played on a bit, perhaps this is one that can be Larsed.

I hope this puts Rat inside the stoppage more and we don't panic by persisting with 22 each week from Thommo and 15 from Mackay in there. Thommo could be handy in spurts of 2-3 games to freshen up newcomers to higher amounts of midfield minutes. Not as handy as Lyons would have been though.

just heard the news, poor bastard.

although I'm not certain its career-ending like many seem to be assuming - don't we generally have a history of giving severely injured guys a chance to give it a crack once they recover? shaw, otten, hentschel all come to mind.
Other than Shaw, all of those players were cemented in our best 22. All of them, including Shaw, were rated very highly by the club. None of them were looking at being delisted before the injury occurred.

I'm devastated. I was looking forward to seeing if he could push for a spot in our side. Our great run with injuries last year may be coming back to haunt us I fear. All the best Cam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back